Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267183 times)

burnt orange

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2008, 10:41:37 PM »
I am a newly-retired shop teacher in Vancouver, BC. 
A colleague and friend, Shane Kenneally and a former student, Jason McVicar are both LSR holders. 

I've always been into motorcycles, but fortunately never got involved in the go-fast stuff!

My real passion is my '70 Cuda.  That is where my spare coin and time is going.  http://www.cuda-challenger.com

I'll be lurking around here just 'cause I like to live vicariously through others taking the risks!

Good site.

Offline fastman614

« Reply #286 on: August 30, 2008, 01:05:21 AM »
Hi:  This is Dave Green from Canada aka fastman614. We got the Vega to Bonneville this year and set the B/CFAlt Coupe record at 254mph and change..... we think it has to be the Wolds Fastest Vega now.... (naturally aspirated with carburetors - on gas in the Fuel Class with no alcohol, nitro or NOx....) Can anyone help us confirm this? BTW, we are talking Funny Cars, Mike Cooks old Competition Coupe etc here....
No s*** sticks to the man wearing a teflon suit.

Offline reckon

• New folks
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2008, 01:10:19 AM »
hello, I am a motorcycle nut (and have been for almost 35 years now), and have raced road, drags, and motoX, and have always wanted to get down to the salt, and see "what I brung will run".

I'll be concentrating on the small bikes: 100cc, 125cc, and 175cc, in vintage to start, and hopefully a 125cc streamliner one day.

I am a plastics fabricator by trade, and if I can offer any advice, help, or elbow grease, just let me know (I live in the SF bay area, CA.)

thanks for the site, forum, and resources.

see you all in bonneville in 2009!

joe 'reckon' loewinsohn
"you can fix anything, but you can't fix everything"

427MG

« Reply #288 on: August 31, 2008, 10:10:09 AM »
Hi,

I'm a chauffeur and petrolhead from Milton Keynes, England and have been drag racing since I was 17 (I'm considerably older now :|).

Last year I was invited to Speed Week in Sept 07 by a good friend and fellow driver Bob Powers who owns F/GMR #503. I travelled over with my friend who is also my crew chief, Steve, and we had a great week working as part of the Pro Per Racing team culminating in me having a drive and earning my 'C' licence. A helluva a bonus to the week! :-D

Prior to the trip Bob had spoken to me about the possibility of shipping my '56 MG Magnette (my avatar) over when I had finished the rebuild and maybe having a go at the 150mph club. This has since moved on to wanting to do some 'proper' class runs and so the rebuild has been directed with this in mind. A re-shell, chassis upgrade and a lot more power should help.

At this stage the chassis work is done as is the 10 point roll cage and the replacement shell is fitted. The plan is to stick with a Chevy lump as previously fitted but going the LS1 route. I'd like a big block but it won't fit. :x

Anyway, the build is progressing at a pace...when I have spare time...and all being well with the world we should be out for SpeedWeek 2009. I just hope I got the build right for inspection and the choice of class correct (B/GMS?)

Offline V4F STR 60

• Montana Dodge Boys Fast Four Special
« Reply #289 on: September 01, 2008, 11:21:09 AM »
Hi There,

I'm Pete "Pedro" Hendrickson.  This was my first year on the Salt and boy, do I have a lot to learn.  I want to thank all of the SCTA guys and gals for all of their help and support.  The first trip through registration, tech, and impound (yes, impound!) is an intimidating process for a newbie, but I found all of the SCTA folks to be extremely helpful, patient, and supportive.  Special thanks to Ron Jolliffe for holding our hands for the first few days.

The car is a 1928 Dodge Roadster with a 1928 Dodge Fast Four flathead.  We had the amazing experience of going to impound after our very first run, the joy of holding a record for 24 hours, the letdown of relinquishing it 24 hours later, the drama of getting within 8/10 mph of reclaiming it, and the embarrassment of spinning at 117 mph.  An eventful first year on the salt to say the least.

I wish I would have discovered this sight a year ago and look forward to learning from the experts.

Cheers, Pedro

Montana Dodge Boys Fast Four Special
1928 Dodge Brothers Vintage Flathead Four Cylinder Roadster & Lakester

Landspeed Records

Bonneville

2009 V4F/STR 115.681
2009 V4F/GR 116.439
2009 V4F/FR 117.597
2010 V4F/BSTR 127.352
2012 V4F/BFMR 130.843
2013 V4F/BGMR 142.956
2013 V4F/BFMR 143.254
2013 V4F/BGR 138.395
2013 V4F/BFR 138.984

El Mirage

2016 V4F/BGMR 140.961

www.facebook.com/MontanaDodgeBoys
www.fastfourspecial.com

Offline knucklenutz

• New folks
« Reply #290 on: September 01, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
My name is John K. Endrizzi. I have been interested in Land Speed Racing for many years. As my screen name indicates I'm a biker. Specifically HD Knuckleheads. I retired last year after serving 31 years in the Paper Manufacturing Industry as a Pipefitter. I run a message board http://www.knucklenutz.com/tech/ that is dedicated to upkeep repair and modification of pre 1970 American made motorcycles. I have a close friend Steve "Booger" Smith from Lumberton N.C. who runs a 68cu in Knucklehead in a 1930's VL frame. He is a member of the ECTA and runs at Maxton. I'll be leaving for Bonneville from here in Central Wisconsin on Wens. Sep 3rd to spectate and pit at the BUB Nationals. There I will be associated with Tom "Santa Claus" Anderson and his Buell Brothers Racing Team.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #291 on: September 01, 2008, 03:22:17 PM »
Pedro --

Congratulations on your record!  We're all just renting them as JD says -- yours by the hour, rather than the year.  Tell us a little something more about your engine -- did you make that slick-looking head?

Stan Back
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline RichFox

« Reply #292 on: September 01, 2008, 03:41:46 PM »
Yeah. We want lots of info about your engine. Spining at 118 means you got it going 118. Not half bad in my book.

Offline V4F STR 60

• Montana Dodge Boys Fast Four Special
« Reply #293 on: September 01, 2008, 06:00:29 PM »
Everyone just wants me for my engine.  Sad, but true.  Honestly, I can't give you a lot a details.  There should be a Mopar magazine article coming out and I promised to keep the importants bits to myself until then.  In the mean time...

1928 Dodge Brothers Fast Four. 5 main bearing.  212 CI (215 as run). One-off EDGY head and cam. Counter balanced crank. Custom rods.  Homemade intake & headers.  Converted to full pressure oiling. SBC pistons.  MSD crank trigger ignition.  Built by Tony Smith.

Body is a 1928 Dodge Victory Six Roadster.  Super rare.

The engine, chassis and body came together for the first time SIX days before Speedweek, and the engine fired for the first time 72 hours before we loaded it on the trailer.  We had 20 minutes of cam break in time on it.  Our "shake down run" was the record run.  The carb was straight out of the box without any jetting changes.  Kind of surreal in hindsight.

The car has lots of potential once we get it sorted.  Hopefully the driver (me) can keep it pointed in the right direction in October.

Special thanks to my crew- Chris King, Tony Smith, EJ Engler, Earl Edgerton, J. King, Bob Basso, and Joni Evans.  There is no "I" in "team" and there is no way I could have done any of this without them, especially in only the 10 months it took from start to salt.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Pedro

Montana Dodge Boys Fast Four Special
1928 Dodge Brothers Vintage Flathead Four Cylinder Roadster & Lakester

Landspeed Records

Bonneville

2009 V4F/STR 115.681
2009 V4F/GR 116.439
2009 V4F/FR 117.597
2010 V4F/BSTR 127.352
2012 V4F/BFMR 130.843
2013 V4F/BGMR 142.956
2013 V4F/BFMR 143.254
2013 V4F/BGR 138.395
2013 V4F/BFR 138.984

El Mirage

2016 V4F/BGMR 140.961

www.facebook.com/MontanaDodgeBoys
www.fastfourspecial.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #294 on: September 01, 2008, 07:57:41 PM »
Man-o-man, all these new folks on the Forum -- this is GREAT!  To go back a step or two, I'm Seldom Seen Slim, as you can see by the avatar information, and I'm the guy that owns landracing.com.  I bought it from the founder, Jon Amo, last spring -- and I'm tickled pink that so many new racers/wannabes (no insult intended in any way!) are joining the group.

I see a post from Don, a/k/a/ G-cubed.  That's good, 'cause he sent a PM to me stating he had been having some hassles getting into the Forum.  Either he's figured it out -- or something fresh has kept him off since that post.  I mention his travails in case any others of you have difficulties -- keep trying, or feel free to get in touch with me.  If the Forum won't let you in to send me that PM (personal message, which, by the way, is basically an email from you to me and nobody but you and I can see it) -- please email directly to me.  jonwennerberg@nancyandjon.org.

Welcome all!  By the way, Nancy and I are back in Wendover for this week's Bub's event.  Stay tuned for coverage and photos.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline PJ

• New folks
« Reply #295 on: September 01, 2008, 08:56:15 PM »
PJ here, I've been a motorhead since, well let's not go there.  Let's just say Mosses and I were friends.

Family and friends are out there at the track and I'm here in Michigan, just couldn't make it this year, maybe next year.

I've wanted to make it to this race for along time, hope so next year and maybe I can bring some air conditioning with me.

I'll keep checking this website for information.  All of you have a great time and safe runs.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #296 on: September 01, 2008, 10:54:54 PM »
PJ:

Where in Michigan?  Maybe I can commandeer you into helping represent our state.  Maybe I can convince you that it's not all that far to go to an event or two in Maxton.

Where?  Not a troll, I hope. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline roadster589

• GOD SPEED GARY
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2008, 11:16:17 PM »
fastman614. congrats on the new record. in 1986 dad ran 255mph in the old Vega with a 300inc motor with a tickle of fuel. OK it was a iron hemi on 90 % but still ran 255 in 3 miles later went on to run 252 mph at el mirage. and the rest is history. the car never got to show its true potential on sep 13 1987 the car burned to the ground at el mirage.
Mike cook jr

Offline Halfton65

• New folks
« Reply #298 on: September 03, 2008, 12:02:16 PM »
New to the board. I've been a fan of LSR for a long time and just found this message board.

I'm 23 now and would like to be in the 200 mph club by the time I'm 35.

Its good to be here.

Billy W

« Reply #299 on: September 04, 2008, 02:21:09 PM »
Hello everyone.... my name is Billy Weeks... always been a fan of LSR and all forms of motorsports were SPEED is the key...

i've only been able to make it to Maxton once .. but had blast... and has kept me intriged by speed run attempts..  so much that my hobby of R/C cars has turned into an event at Rockingham Dragfor the r/c speed runs on October...

can't wait to catch the next Maxton event....

Billy W