Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267215 times)

Offline hechtrod

• MyRideisMe.com
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #255 on: August 08, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »
Glen, thanks for the welcome.  Dallas tells me you're the main man in the tower calling out the speeds.  I too come from a family bred with Speed in the blood.  No sort of blood transfusion will cure the disease.  I loved "Worlds Fastest Indian" story/movie.  There's a lot of history on that white stuff.  I was in Birmingham, England last November and stopped by a British Car Museum and they had 4 Bonneville cars there.  The salt is definitely known around World.
I got the Volk Brothers Tshirt, so I'm ready to go on the salt now.   :-P  Trying to pick up a vintage beach cruiser bike so I can get around on the salt.  I'm excited. 
Hechtrod

Offline basher13

« Reply #256 on: August 09, 2008, 09:46:07 PM »
Hey all, just found the site a few days ago and decided to be apart of it.
Just getting back into the idea of chasing the black line. First time on the salt was 97, I still remember how nice everybody was, not a lot of attitude and people more than willing to put you to work! I went to WOS and SW for the next couple years, haven't been back for about 7 years. Are the Bean Bandits still showing up late, working on there car all week and maybe makin a run? Loved there BBQ's and the informal car shows all week...good times. My dad introduced me to this and as we both get older I start thinking why are we not down participating? He gets involved when he's there, I think he's helpin the Hudson Boys this year. A short stay in the hospital for him this last week kind of opened my eyes, nothing to serious but still kind of a shock to have Superman layed up. So the plan is to put together a car for the 130 or 150 club. Dads neighbor left him a decent 68 camaro when he passed away, original owner tired 327 w/a 3 spd. Now it's got a rebuild and a muncie 4 spd, nothing trick but fun on the street. I'll be getting plenty of ideas from this forum for sure.
Enough rambling, on with the show

118.780mph in a stock(ish) Studebaker

Offline wanabe

• New folks
« Reply #257 on: August 11, 2008, 09:22:06 PM »
Kevin LeFevers 22 years old, i have been going up to bonneville since 1989.When it flooded one year i was told by Duane Mckinney if i ran fast i could skip across the water next thing i new i was soaked and my dad wasnt to happy, cant wait to take up our new roadster this year 701 c/gmr and be able to race with my heroes

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2008, 10:08:56 PM »
Kevin, welcome aboard kid, glad to see another family member coming up thru the ranks, Are you going to drive this year. Tell the old man Glen said hello.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

dirttrkjake

« Reply #259 on: August 15, 2008, 08:12:19 AM »
Hi my name is Jake, I know nothing about LSR other than what I have read in Magazines, I race dirt cars but I may be tempted to make a run in one of my cars if I was legal and the meet was close to home and didn't conflict with another race. Don't expect too many posts from me, I just joined well because it was free. some of you may remember me as BeerCat from the old Hot Rod Magazine board before they ruined it. good or bad I found this site while looking for........The Propster. he isn't very nice and reposts alot of stuff and has even called me a beer swilling moron , but I have to admit he is one of the darndest racing historians I have ever come across and I am a lifelong race fan, when I hang up my helmet and firesuit, I'll still be into it. Also I'm in the Navy, FA 18 Airframer, currently in an undisclosed location, but I'll be home soon. Nice to meet you.

Offline bigggbubba

• New folks
« Reply #260 on: August 15, 2008, 06:11:05 PM »
Bigggbubba (pronounced BIG"double G"BUBBA) here.  I've been reading posts on this site after finding it digging around the internet in search of a bellytank.  I'm still looking for one !!!

I'm working toward a bellytank to have at B'ville by next year.  Hope to get up there this year for the September meet...just to look around.  We don't have many landracers in north Louisiana, which may be some of the appeal for me.  I'm looking at the bellytanker because of the compactness (since I'm facing a 1700 mile tow each way) and because of its simplicity and smooth lines.  I'm in it for the experience, and to plant a few seeds with my grandsons that are coming up quick.

Any assistance and advice I can get from this forum will be appreciated, especially if anyone can put me onto a good affordable tank within a reasonable distance from Louisiana.

Thanks

Offline AJR192

« Reply #261 on: August 16, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »
Hi my name is Jake, I know nothing about LSR other than what I have read in Magazines, I race dirt cars but I may be tempted to make a run in one of my cars if I was legal and the meet was close to home and didn't conflict with another race. Don't expect too many posts from me, I just joined well because it was free. some of you may remember me as BeerCat from the old Hot Rod Magazine board before they ruined it. good or bad I found this site while looking for........The Propster. he isn't very nice and reposts alot of stuff and has even called me a beer swilling moron , but I have to admit he is one of the darndest racing historians I have ever come across and I am a lifelong race fan, when I hang up my helmet and firesuit, I'll still be into it. Also I'm in the Navy, FA 18 Airframer, currently in an undisclosed location, but I'll be home soon. Nice to meet you.

Hey Jake, long time no hear. AJR192 from that old forum also. How was your deployment? Still racing the mitsu? Glad to see you on here.

dirttrkjake

« Reply #262 on: August 16, 2008, 01:44:43 PM »
2 weeks left on the deployment. I still got the DSM, 2 more races this October selling it ASAP. I got the motor trans and triple disc out of Dad's old Late Model, gotta pick it up and freshen nice piece, looking for a UMP/IMCA Modified chassis. probably gonna build a spare short block too, I got the stuff, minus bearings and whatnot. time to go fast well not like 300 mph LSR fast but fast anyways. good to see somebody I know. peace....

Offline DMH

• New folks
  • Speedweek 09
« Reply #263 on: August 19, 2008, 12:25:01 PM »
Just thought I'd drop in again.
Due to job responsibilities and other issues, we're leaving early Wednesday morning out of Dayton.
Should be on the salt Thursday thru Saturday. With Speedweek '08 fully underway, I will be TOTALLY overwhelmed when I step on the salt
The sights and sounds will bring tears to my eyes from sheer joy!

Dave
dave

Offline a-zonie

• New folks
« Reply #264 on: August 19, 2008, 06:13:35 PM »
Yo,
My name is Bert and I live in the Phoenix, AZ area. My main interest is in pre-war Fords and racing of these vehicles including hill climbs, circle track, drag racing, and recently LSR. Quite interested in the V4 and V4F powered machines. It's amazing what some folks can do with 177 and 200 cu. in. engines as a baseline!
Someday afore I tip over for the last time I'm going to show up for a dry lakes race event!
Go fast but be safe!
They were built to be driven!

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #265 on: August 19, 2008, 06:31:23 PM »
Glad you've joined us, Bert.

I'm a long-time hot rodder who's also in Phoenix. Feel free to give me a call any day or evening.

Dave Mann
(602) 233-8400
http://www.roadsters.com/

Offline a-zonie

• New folks
« Reply #266 on: August 19, 2008, 06:37:47 PM »
Thanks Dave, I'll do that and if you need any help with anything on the east side please let me know.
They were built to be driven!

Offline ForEverFourNZ

• New folks
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2008, 09:10:29 PM »
Hi,
My name is Greg Stokes from Auckland, New Zealand. I am 28 years old and enjoy all aspects of hot rodding and in particular traditional hot rodding and history. I have not been to Bonneville but I have travelled to the USA numerous times. I am great friends with some of the Kiwis at Bonneville this year including the Harris Family and Hogan/Martin & Rea.
I have a 29 Ford closed cab pick up that I have built with a hopped up Model A, T5 gearbox and torsion bar suspension. My father and I are building a blown & injected Model A motor on alcohol to run in a front engine dragster and we wish to develop this to possibly run at Bonneville.
First - I gaurantee that I will definitely be at Bonneville with the next Kiwi trip!
We have posted regular Speed Week updates at: http://www.nz-hotrod.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=49160#post49160
Look forward to getting to know you guys on here.
Best regards,
Greg Stokes
New Zealand Hot Rod Magazine
greg@nzhotrodmag.co.nz

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #268 on: August 20, 2008, 09:24:34 PM »
Welcome, Greg, from a fellow Vintage Four enthusiast!

I hope to be racing my own car next year, not watching from afar while my non-race engine is racing.

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Roadsters.com

• Roadsters.com
« Reply #269 on: August 20, 2008, 09:41:11 PM »

Greg, it's good to hear from you again. Long time no type.

The engine with the Pro Topline heads  - http://www.roadsters.com/power/
is still here, slated to go on this: http://www.roadsters.com/coupe/

Dave Mann
(602) 233-8400
http://www.roadsters.com/