Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275879 times)

MCR

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2008, 08:56:43 PM »
Thanks!

I will keep you in mind.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #211 on: July 06, 2008, 10:42:17 PM »
Hello. My name is Rob.
We just starting getting into this insane sport. We are drag racers and thought we would give it a go.
We are running a twin turbo BBC in a 63 LeMans. Not the most aero pleasing thing out there but it what we had to start with. We have run a best of 215.88 so far at Maxton with 23 psi of boost.
We have Dennis Lindberg driving and helping with funding which without that I would not be talking to you right now. Our car will not be legal or competitive at Bonneville so we are building a new car that will use the same power plant. Maybe a C4 Vette for the BGT class. If anybody has any experience with that body type, we sure would appreciate any help you could give us.
Thank you and it's been a pleasure to meet as many of you as I have so far.

Rob Freyvogel
6363 A/BGALT
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #212 on: July 06, 2008, 10:54:12 PM »
Hey, MCR, you're in Corona- Mike Cook is up the road in Norco and has built a LOT of landracing stuff- including sheparding the restoration of the Summers Goldenrod. Try 951 278 4243- (He's in the rulebook under Section 15).

If he'll do it you'll have no fear of a tech problem with the cage .

Good, fair, prices, Willie from an ex-builder.
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline mkilger

« Reply #213 on: July 06, 2008, 11:38:27 PM »
MCR you may try Al Simon has build a few  bonneville roadsters and does  race cars and cages  all the time, he was the chassis guy on Boyds AHR show on TLC  rear ends front ends , headers and ex  he can do it  tell him mike sent you when you call 909-228-1456  he's in Riverside CA

Offline interested bystander

« Reply #214 on: July 06, 2008, 11:43:53 PM »
Oh yeah, shame on me about Al, he's a respected friend and a kick-A## fabricator!
5 mph in pit area (clothed)

Offline comp

« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2008, 08:17:29 PM »
 new here ,, learning and lurking

Offline bvillercr

« Reply #216 on: July 07, 2008, 09:38:22 PM »
Hello. My name is Rob.
We just starting getting into this insane sport. We are drag racers and thought we would give it a go.
We are running a twin turbo BBC in a 63 LeMans. Not the most aero pleasing thing out there but it what we had to start with. We have run a best of 215.88 so far at Maxton with 23 psi of boost.
We have Dennis Lindberg driving and helping with funding which without that I would not be talking to you right now. Our car will not be legal or competitive at Bonneville so we are building a new car that will use the same power plant. Maybe a C4 Vette for the BGT class. If anybody has any experience with that body type, we sure would appreciate any help you could give us.
Thank you and it's been a pleasure to meet as many of you as I have so far.

Rob Freyvogel
6363 A/BGALT

Welcome and interesting build.  I know nothing about vettes but when you do build include it in the build diaries so everyone can see its developments.  Every so often you may get some good advice and change something that you may not have thought of.  It happend with our re-build.  Good luck in your class. :-D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 10:08:54 PM by bvillercr »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #217 on: July 08, 2008, 12:43:37 PM »
I've seen the 6363 car make a good number of runs at Maxton.  It's a hoot to see that brick tearing down the track over 200 -- makes you wonder how fast it'd go if the body wasn't so blocky.  Maybe we'll be able to find out now.

There are a good number of folks on here that play with Corvettes  --  Carl Johansson and Ed VanScoy come to mind at first thought.  Look them up on the profiles page and shoot a note to 'em.

Welcome to this site/forum.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #218 on: July 08, 2008, 01:10:20 PM »
As well as the Carter family and the Sun Downer, both very fast.  :-D
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #219 on: July 08, 2008, 04:06:16 PM »

Comp, nice intro, please feel free to provide more info about yourself.  Read through the others, and pick a line to run....  We don't care if you are young or old, if you want to learn LSR you are in the rigt spot.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline comp

« Reply #220 on: July 10, 2008, 04:22:14 AM »

Comp, nice intro, please feel free to provide more info about yourself.  Read through the others, and pick a line to run....  We don't care if you are young or old, if you want to learn LSR you are in the rigt spot.

thanks

Offline White Monster

« Reply #221 on: July 10, 2008, 11:48:14 AM »
Hello all you LSR enthusiasts,

My name is Steve Tobler and for the sake of continuity, I kept my White Monster tag from the Hot Rod and CarJunkie forums.

I have always been interested in LSR, but Keith Turk lit the fires under me during Bike Week in Daytona this year, while we toured the pits. He invited me to Maxton for the April meet to be his "gopher" (I prefer Assistant Race Director), so I have only just started participating in LSR this year.

The first meet I attended was the ECTA April meet, where I got to help KT with tech inspection, helped Joe in the tower with some electronics problems and was eventually introduced to their Chief Starter, Al (which is an experience in itself) where I helped him with final inspection and driver check-out prior to staging at the starting line for the rest of the meet.  Very interesting to see the cars up close, meet the drivers and crews and see just what "purpose-built" really means.  What a great bunch of guy's and gal's.

The May meet, I got the opportunity to perform the Starter role and enjoyed that tremendously.  Recently during the June meet, my buddy Luke loaned me his '98 Camaro to use for my first licensing run which earned me my D Class license at 134.575 mph.  Yahoo, now I'm hooked !!!

See you all on the Starting Line in September !!!
 8-)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:28:29 PM by White Monster »
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline owenart

• New folks
    • Motorsports Art Studio
« Reply #222 on: July 12, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »
Hello,
I had the pleasure of attending the SCTA El Mirage event in May 2008 and again in June and might have gotten "the bug" -- it sure looks like fun.
A friend of mine from Florida was here at the time and he too may have gotten "the bug." We're now discussing chopping up his Yamaha R1.

I'm a past motorcycle road racer and a current sport tourer. This LSR thing is the way to go, with plenty of tinkering time between events.  :-D

Nice to be here.

BTW: Here's a video from the May event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMxf7klrks
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 06:20:22 PM by owenart »

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #223 on: July 12, 2008, 06:18:10 PM »
Steve and Owenart welcome to the LSR forum. Once hooked it is forever. Just wait to you try Bonneville, you just think you had fun at El Mirage or Maxton, that's only a teaser. :-D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 07:43:59 PM by Glen »
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #224 on: July 12, 2008, 07:11:51 PM »
Owen welcome to website, your videos are excellent! I put a link of your videos up here on landracing a few days ago.

Scott

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,4189.0.html

Hello,
I had the pleasure of attending the SCTA El Mirage event in May 2008 and again in June and might have gotten "the bug" -- it sure looks like fun.
A friend of mine from Florida was here at the time and he too may have gotten "the bug." We're now discussing chopping up his Yamaha R1.

I'm a past motorcycle road racer and a current sport tourer. This LSR thing is the way to go, with plenty of tinkering time between events.  :-D

Nice to be here.

BTW: Here's a video from the May event: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwMxf7klrks