Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267585 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #195 on: July 01, 2008, 06:13:50 PM »
Contact Rick white at Autopower in San Diego, he should be able to help with the upgrades.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Sive2x

Re: Introduce Yourself in XSIVE2X fassion
« Reply #196 on: July 02, 2008, 12:58:18 PM »
 :-DIt's good to be here. Been looking at what I can do about building a stream liner from my variee collection of XS 650 motors, now 750 CC kitted and 90 degree cranks!(very soon ) I iwll be strating on the XSGP 750, the precurser to the XStreamliner in---- a while. First things first, I need more info to start the build.I guess getting a rule book is the first step. Then I will read commnets by all of you then start in when I need some info!

It's great to see that there is an active comunity regausrding the streamliners. I hotught that may be there wasn't this kind of resourse to be albe to cling to during any part of my build up. Just drawings now but when I need to find out about other items then LOOK OUT------ Avallanch time.

Metal fabricater, custom welder, painter, MC mechanic 17+ years = " They call me or I call me 'MR SUDO engineer' = knows just enought o keep from continualy pouring hot water on ones self for extended periods of time"????? Hope that made sence?

I don't build up stuff until I can't get the "NO" answers anymore.

Thanks for being here. It is greatly appreciated. WOW !!!!!!!!!! :-o You guys are really hear :roll: :evil: :mrgreen:

Offline XSive2X

• New folks
    • JPH Hot Rods and Performance
« Reply #197 on: July 02, 2008, 02:09:30 PM »
 :-DIt's great to see all of you gathered here. I thought there wasn't going to be any one with this type of message board. gald I found you and it's great to be here ..... finally. :-o

Looking to build my own, of couse, but in a few more years as I don't have a clue as to what to do to build the XStreamliner. I never build any thing unitl I can't get the "NO" or the TOO many ???? response.

MC mechanic for 17+ years, metal fabricater, custom welding, metal working, and free hand designing.

I refer to my self as a "SUDO-Engineer" = :-o :evil: 1 how knows how to keep from pouring hot water over one's body parts on a continuosfaulty endevour. (AWWWW .......no spell check....) :cry:

So this is a start of something XSivly Smmple at first glance????K? NOT? Oh well it never hurts to wake up after a short snooze....

Great site guys !!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D
At first it seams XSivly simpe but after some time...it's actual XSivly complicated

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2008, 02:54:29 PM »
if your into Yam XS motored stuff, you might check out the twin engined blown XS liner i did.... its in the national motorcycle museum.
here is a link
http://www.nationalmcmuseum.org/menu.html

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #199 on: July 02, 2008, 04:49:47 PM »
Kent
Are you running the car and bikes at SW this year, welcome back.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline XSive2X

• New folks
    • JPH Hot Rods and Performance
XSive forces are upon use K !!!!!!!!
« Reply #200 on: July 02, 2008, 04:53:23 PM »
 :-D Went to your sight and I can't get in. I would really love to see the XSive forses acting upon us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!X

jphaney@reztel.net  John

Just got in...........................I wonder, I ahve 3 motors but they all have different compressions................

I lIke it a lot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do you run it? :? :evil:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 05:42:27 PM by XSive2X »
At first it seams XSivly simpe but after some time...it's actual XSivly complicated

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #201 on: July 02, 2008, 07:27:19 PM »
nope...... Rick Vesco built it and it almost killed him... i just reatored it....
glen.... yep and yep...love ya too man :-D
kent

Offline willieworld

« Reply #202 on: July 02, 2008, 07:34:53 PM »
kent was in anomosa in june of 06 went to the museum but dont remember a streamliner  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

Offline 1212FBGS

« Reply #203 on: July 02, 2008, 07:48:59 PM »
i shipped it to um in nov 07...so i dont think you would have seen it in 06.... ya know, they probably added a few bikes to there collection since you were there in 06 willie i dont think they stopped collecting after you were there

Offline isiahstites

« Reply #204 on: July 02, 2008, 08:52:57 PM »
Do you guys remember the build thread when Kent rebuilt the liner??

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,3204.0.html

Offline willieworld

« Reply #205 on: July 02, 2008, 08:54:47 PM »
i was only there the one time it was a great place and i spent one day there from opening until closing  one of my many stops on a short cross country ride 7500 miles in 16 days modesto to new york  wish i would have seen your bike       willie buchta 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 11:39:26 PM by willieworld »
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

MCR

« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2008, 07:21:33 PM »
Contact Rick white at Autopower in San Diego, he should be able to help with the upgrades.

Yes, I would love to have Autopower do it, but they are too busy in the forseeable future.  I called for an appointment last month, and they said call back this month.  I call this month, and they say call in August.

I'm pretty much getting that from anyone who has done a SCTA rollcage.  Seems most folk do it themselves; the shops that do it for money are all booked.

I've been trying to find a shop to put in the SCTA rollbar for 6 months now with no luck.  So this weekend I fire up the stick welder and start to practice.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2008, 08:10:05 PM »
mcr  where are you located   willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta

MCR

« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2008, 08:14:55 PM »
I tried to fill out a profile but it didn't change.

We are in Corona, California.  That is halfway between San Diego and Los Angeles.

Offline willieworld

« Reply #209 on: July 03, 2008, 08:25:28 PM »
i would  be glad to do a roll cage for you like everyone im booked until after speedweek --my price is 100 dollars per point --the rule book has a pic of a 6 point cage page 25 fig.1 --i would do a 8 point adding 2 diagonal tubed from the back brace to the floor at about a 30 degree angle depending on the car --i live in modesto calif  willie buchta
willie-dpombatmir-buchta