Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267350 times)

Offline Red_Jensen

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3810 on: April 11, 2020, 07:14:05 PM »
2019 Rule Book ?  Rule 2A, Page 18

Interpretation by someone who's no authority . . .

Equivalent Displacement for non-recirculating engines (ED) is calculated by Swept Volume x 2.

If 1.3 liters is the Swept Volume  x  2  = 2.6 liters ? or Engine Class F.

I believe you to be quite correct, this is exactly why I asked, thank you. Good news is that my wheel base is still ok, which prompted the question in the first place.

Red

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3811 on: April 11, 2020, 11:38:16 PM »
Red... that is a mighty short wheelbase.... I would suggest that you draw it up to ensure everything you plan will go in there without stretching the tank and wheelbase.  Lay out a frame and all the things you need to be in there... The outside is the easy part....
Good luck with your project.  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Red_Jensen

• New folks
« Reply #3812 on: April 12, 2020, 12:16:08 PM »
Stainless, are you more concerned with fitting everything in, or that it will be squirrelly? I?m still figuring out components, I?ll stretch it if I have to.

Red

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3813 on: April 12, 2020, 12:37:06 PM »
yes....
Stainless

Offline Lemming Motors

« Reply #3814 on: April 12, 2020, 01:27:02 PM »
Red

Stainless has been there, done that and got the hat.

I am a newbie building a G (2 litre) gas lakester (not a tank though they are super cool) and I have a 150? wheel base. I wish I had gone longer (packaging an in-line 4 with its inline box , probably too short prop shaft and a live axle).
You might squeeze it into 95 with a transaxle and your knees up around your ears (look at the old YouTube vids for driving positions) but if you can stretch it with composite skills don?t limit yourself.

For the love of lakesters.

John
A Bonneville Lakester please barman.
Certainly sir; a lick of salt, a sip of gas and a twist of Lemming. More Lemming sir?
Just a squeeze.

A Squeeze of Lemming it is sir.

Offline Red_Jensen

• New folks
« Reply #3815 on: April 12, 2020, 02:56:35 PM »
Red

Stainless has been there, done that and got the hat.

I am a newbie building a G (2 litre) gas lakester (not a tank though they are super cool) and I have a 150? wheel base. I wish I had gone longer (packaging an in-line 4 with its inline box , probably too short prop shaft and a live axle).
You might squeeze it into 95 with a transaxle and your knees up around your ears (look at the old YouTube vids for driving positions) but if you can stretch it with composite skills don?t limit yourself.

For the love of lakesters.

John

Hi John,

Yeah I'm coming around to that fact. I get that longer is more stable, makes sense, I can easily stretch it. I put up some pictures on FB, talking about how it was a future project of mine, and a buddy offered up a flat head Ford, tranny and rear end out of his Model A, so maybe I'm going that route and stretch it for sure.

Red

Offline Anton

• New folks
« Reply #3816 on: April 15, 2020, 07:19:43 AM »
Heeello all, wow 255 pages of introductions, nice xd My dream is to go through salt plain once in some nice, fast vehicle :)

If you wanna be more aerodynamic try some motorcycle windscreens made from highest quality materials and tested to ensure customers about reliability and perfect clarity of the field of view. If someone are building new speed bike or some vehicle for breaking speed records, check out offer from MotorcycleScreens.eu. Here you can check how it looks like https://www.motorcyclescreens.eu/home/431-triumph-street-triple-675-2012-touring-screen It's a example screen for Triumph Street Triple 675, very nice screen and looks amazing on bike. If someone will need windscreen for street motorcycle,nevermind if it is naked, touring, racing, classic  motorcycle or scooter / moped there on site you will find for every motorcycle.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 04:09:15 AM by Anton »

Offline BadHorse

• New folks
  • thank you for flying ford airlines
« Reply #3817 on: April 15, 2020, 09:27:48 AM »
I am very excited to not only participate in this group, but i get to start living out a dream I've had since i was young and first fell in love with going fast. back when i was 12-15 years old in the early-mid 70's i would get every car and motorcycle magazine printed from about july to november because those were my only out let for info on Bonneville. i read and reread those magazines so many times there was nothing left of them.

It's funny where life takes you. Here I am living about 150 miles from the salt that I've dreamed about for 45 something years (I'm new to northern Nevada) and i realized have the car to live out my dream. i probably wont run on the salt this year, but i'll come out swinging next year!!! so any advise on modifying my car to run on the salt will be much appreciated.

This is my ride, not a normal 2010 Mustang, mine has the "P8J" model build code, and "CD" axle code which both say I've got an unmarked GT500 Shelby. kinda makes sense seeing as Shelby American is the only other owner of this car. its already stupid fast! i shift into 5th at about 150mph. i know that doesnt mean anything till the car will do that on the salt/ salts not pavement. and yes I'm going to cut up and modify this car and have the time of my life!

so thank you for the add to this group and i hope to see yall on the salt

p.s. im also a photographer and cant wait for my first trip of the 2020 season to the salt
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 02:00:56 AM by BadHorse »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3818 on: April 15, 2020, 11:55:50 AM »
BH take a deep breath.... welcome to landracing.com... there is actually an event to get you started... no modification required... It is called the 130 Club and is part of the USFRA World of Speed event. So you could start your journey this September.  A little roll cage and seatbelt mod and you could do the 150 club... read all about it on the USFRA website.
While there you will be able to see cars and people to help you decide if the Mustang is the car you want to take off the street or leave on the street while you build something else.
Stainless

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #3819 on: April 15, 2020, 11:56:49 AM »
I know the Ford aficionados will complain about cutting up a classic sort of car. Kinda would be a shame. To get a taste before making it un-streetable, which making it legal for an SCTA-BNI meet will do, take a look at the 130 club and then 150 club rules for USFRA. See what it will do, and from experience it will not be a good as you expect from whatever experience you have had on the street or even drag strip ("shift to 5th at 150") and then if you say you really want to go racing and cut it up, have at it. The old mantra of "buy a rule book" and read it a dozen times or so and see where you want to go. If you haven't looked, the Production Supercharged record is 253 and change so you have a goal to shoot for...... :-) :cheers: :cheers:

Yah and Stainless beat me to it.....
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline BadHorse

• New folks
« Reply #3820 on: April 15, 2020, 12:58:31 PM »
BH take a deep breath.... welcome to landracing.com... there is actually an event to get you started... no modification required... It is called the 130 Club and is part of the USFRA World of Speed event. So you could start your journey this September.  A little roll cage and seatbelt mod and you could do the 150 club... read all about it on the USFRA website.
While there you will be able to see cars and people to help you decide if the Mustang is the car you want to take off the street or leave on the street while you build something else.

yeah ive read up on the rules for the 130mph club, and i think i need 1 mod. driveshaft safety hoop. i have to crawl under my car and see if it needs one. other than that and good tires im good to go for the 130 club, and venture into the 150 club in 2021.

i do really appreciate yall jumping in with advise. im not new to fast cars, twirling a wrench and making it happen. im new to LSR and Bonneville. i really hope i get to meet everyone in person and i would love mentoring in this the fastest sport on earth

Offline BadHorse

• New folks
« Reply #3821 on: April 15, 2020, 01:05:06 PM »
I know the Ford aficionados will complain about cutting up a classic sort of car. Kinda would be a shame. To get a taste before making it un-streetable, which making it legal for an SCTA-BNI meet will do, take a look at the 130 club and then 150 club rules for USFRA. See what it will do, and from experience it will not be a good as you expect from whatever experience you have had on the street or even drag strip ("shift to 5th at 150") and then if you say you really want to go racing and cut it up, have at it. The old mantra of "buy a rule book" and read it a dozen times or so and see where you want to go. If you haven't looked, the Production Supercharged record is 253 and change so you have a goal to shoot for...... :-) :cheers: :cheers:

Yah and Stainless beat me to it.....

lol, I am a Ford aficionado, i learned to drive in my fathers 35 Ford 2 door hump back sedan. been doing burn outs and racing Fords ever since. and yes i know about the 130 mph and 150 mph clubs and plan on starting there. as for the all out record,,,,,,,,what naturally aspirateds  record? i'll start there and work up.

like i said above, i am not new to fast cars and building them. i am new to this type of racing. so advice is always welcome. i may be almost 60 years old but im gonna follow yall around like a puppy soaking up everything i can on technology to run fast.

to quote ricky bobby "if you aint first your last"

Offline jacksoni

« Reply #3822 on: April 15, 2020, 01:58:58 PM »
C/Pro 234+

Isn't yours supercharged? Am assuming is less than 372ci.

The USFRA classes would give you a taste without butchering the car. A SCTA legal cage would make it very street unfriendly as I mentioned. Regardless, point is be safe, have fun, go fast in that order. And of course, is your car you can do whatever you want.....  8-)
Jack Iliff
 G/BGS-250.235 1987
 G/GC- 193.550 2021
  G/FAlt- 193.934 2021 (196.033 best)
 G/GMS-182.144 2019

Offline BadHorse

• New folks
« Reply #3823 on: April 15, 2020, 03:20:59 PM »
C/Pro 234+

Isn't yours supercharged? Am assuming is less than 372ci.

The USFRA classes would give you a taste without butchering the car. A SCTA legal cage would make it very street unfriendly as I mentioned. Regardless, point is be safe, have fun, go fast in that order. And of course, is your car you can do whatever you want.....  8-)

nope my 2010 is naturally aspirated, i do know that on pavement i shift into 5th around 145 so shes not slow by any means. i dont care if the cage makes it street unfriendly, i care about going fast safely
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 04:39:19 PM by BadHorse »

Offline Little-Gizzmo

• New folks
« Reply #3824 on: April 27, 2020, 10:06:25 AM »
Dear Landracing Community,

I want to use page 255 for introducing myself. My name is Tobias Mederer, living in Salem located in the very south of Germany. I am 43 years young, married with a, let me say very understanding, wife.
As a teenager, I had a dream: participating in three Races before the final touch down at the funeral: Paris-Dakar, Pikes Peak Hill Climb and the Bonneville speed week. My goal is design and build a car in the lakester class, (small) jet engine powered. Not for setting any record - just for fun.

That is why I register here at landracing.com: finding some advice from your experience in a field where I need for sure assistance.

To show you that I am not a fantasist, here roughly my background in Motorsport. My career in professional Motorsport starting 2000 as a design engineer for Ferrari in the FIA GT1 project (F550/575). During that time, I moved track-side to the real life as race engineer. Participating in FIA GT1, Porsche Cups, Formula 3, German Touring masters (DTM), LeMans and temporal in Formula 1 - But 2008 I was bored seeing only Airport-Racetrack-Hotel...

So I moved the Class from circuit to Off-road racing, in special Cross-country with the VW Race Touareg and later (VW stop CC Competition in 2012) the MINI team where I got the opportunity working as technical director.

2015 I raced first time in USA and set the diesel record on the Pikes Peak hill climb race (Driver Uwe Nittel) with my designed AMG Mercedes.
Unfortunately, in all the time I only race with only three American drivers: Mark Miller, Bryce Menzies and Robby Gordon.
In the year 2018 I decided to settle down for family reason and hit hard the brake. No motorsport at all. However, the spark is still there....

Coming back to my project. It must be a jet engine (I like the sound and smell). Therefore, this was the most difficult task for me. There is no market for this type of engine in Germany or EU (Except the Russian heavy metal things). Without engine, there will be no car. As usual I want to design the car around that engine. It takes a few years to get the opportunity to buy one in Great Britain. It was a lot of paperwork with the GB Government for the export licensees and the pandemic was not helpful either. Finally, the tiny 1.0 KN engine from William Research is in my private premises....

I am sure to come back to you with some questions regarding regulation, design and organisation. I hope to participate on that great knowledge here.

Best regards, Tobias
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:11:16 AM by Little-Gizzmo »