Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267304 times)

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3780 on: December 22, 2019, 11:01:41 AM »
Merry Christmas, Matt and welcome to the forum.
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Boneyard51

• New folks
  • Bones!
« Reply #3781 on: January 05, 2020, 02:57:02 AM »
I am new to this type of racing, coming as a spectator this year, for my first visit to Bonneville. Have been racing some sort vehicle since I was 11, some 57 years ago. Going to be a group of us camping at the Bend and I am trying to learn as much as possible, before I come. Thanks fir the acceptance. Bones
Okie from Muskogee!

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #3782 on: January 05, 2020, 01:45:58 PM »
You'll be blown away Boneyard. Have a blast and enjoy the addiction that's sure to evolve.

Pete

Offline Boneyard51

• New folks
  • Bones!
« Reply #3783 on: January 05, 2020, 02:57:07 PM »
You'll be blown away Boneyard. Have a blast and enjoy the addiction that's sure to evolve.

Pete

Thanks Pete, I hope it will be a blast, a Canadian forum member, on another forum, flung a craving on me last week..... and so I?m/we?re going! We are not new to primitive camping, but have not camped at the salt flats before. Looking forward too, it.

Bones
Okie from Muskogee!

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3784 on: January 05, 2020, 10:36:57 PM »
Welcome Bones
Don't sweat the 4 wheeler... run in the ditch or edge of the salt, you'll be fine.  The rangers might stop ya to make sure you have a permit.  You will love the diversity of vehicles... fair warning... racing at Bonneville is so easy that before you know it you're trying it.... then you're hooked for life. 
It's just like drugs... only different  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline madman

• New folks
« Reply #3785 on: January 19, 2020, 08:21:10 PM »
I'm a Old Fella ,well 62 not old. Love going Fast. Gonna build a Bike for some Speed Runs. Old School since I've got loads of Bikes engines. Nice to find other maniacs on board here. ha ha .[/img][/img][/img]
Here's something i've hacked up in the old garage or shed. Hope the pictures come out since im Computer Retarded .I've had a Head of Mine go to Bonneville but... now i want to go with the next one or to loring. My hobbies are escaping from my Wife and hiding in my Shed, working on Motorcycles and making Parts and engine s in my machine Shop .Thanx and I wish everyone a safe Happy New Year. Let the Madness resume...

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #3786 on: January 19, 2020, 09:59:47 PM »
madman, I just sent you a PM. I hope you enjoy the forum. It's an awesome source of information.

Pete

Online salt27

« Reply #3787 on: January 19, 2020, 10:02:42 PM »
Madman, Welcome to the forum.

62 just makes you middle aged around here.

Tell us about your bikes or better yet start a build diary.

Don

Offline 07R1LSR

« Reply #3788 on: January 26, 2020, 12:36:07 PM »
Hey Matt!  I was an aircraft mechanic with the USAF for 20 years.....F-15E strike eagle and the mighty A-10.  Anyway, welcome and let us know if you have any questions.....pretty amazing amount of knowledge around here!  What nonprofit are you a part of?

Offline RFR

• New folks
« Reply #3789 on: February 12, 2020, 01:07:15 PM »
So a few years back while on vacation I took my boys to the Bonneville Salt Flats because it?s a place with a ton of hot rod history. After we got back my 15 year old son was all about building a roadster that would go 200mph on the salt. My family has been in drag racing since the 60?s and have built plenty of hot rods and customs in the past so over dinner one we decided we would start planning this project so here we are.....

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3790 on: February 12, 2020, 11:00:54 PM »
RFR, welcome
Roadster... well be sure to read the rule book 20 times before you start... lots of rules in that class...
When you get started, start a build diary and show us what y'all are up to.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Knuckbob

• New folks
« Reply #3791 on: February 23, 2020, 01:47:15 AM »
Getting back to the forum after being gone 10? Years. Had to restart as new so will re-introduce myself also.

Bob Morrill , Spokane Washington.  I had run a knucklehead in run what brung a couple times. But have been to Motorcycle speed trials many times. First time was 2008.

Currently building a bike to run in an attempt for record and have questions.

I am about to be 55, a millwright in the power generation department for our local utility company. Been tinkering with old motorcycles since I was 18. 

Offline Gearfinger

• New folks
« Reply #3792 on: March 04, 2020, 09:52:06 AM »
Greetings from sort of snowy Michigan.

Snow and winter are the reason for my joining. There was a claim of going over 100mph on a sort of production snowmobile in 1968. It's something most have doubted, and for good reason.

Anyway, that tub is being thumped again... and on that, I issued a challenge to the vintage sled community. That is to hit the mark of 100mph on snow or ice, all while employing 1968 tech and materials. Updates demanded for safety are modern clutching and drive belts with current race quality guards and modern drive tracks.

I'm going to take part in this myself. I don't expect to hit the mark, just need to be in front of all the others.

So I'm here to learn and offer up some dumb-ass questions. Please be kind...

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3793 on: March 04, 2020, 10:18:38 AM »
Mid-Michigan, hey?  Fellows, watch out -- it's a Troll (notice the upper case "t").

Mr. Finger:  Welcome.  Thanks for your implied faith in us being able to enjoy what you're doing and maybe offer our guidance, too.

But wait a minnit - WTRBF?  Snowmobiles, vintage or not, aren't in the purview of land speed racing with only a very few exceptions.  For that matter, snow and ice aren't our natural hangouts (save for the Swedes), so once again - unh, what do you think we can offer other than the fellowship of a group of racers?

No problems - just wondering if you know what you've got yourself into.  And, for the record, Nancy and I live about 20 miles southeast of Marquette.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3794 on: March 04, 2020, 10:57:44 AM »
A snowmobile might be a good idea considering the condition of the salt in recent years.