Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267242 times)

Offline pasingas

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3750 on: September 08, 2019, 04:13:47 PM »
 Name is Todd Hamilton I spent my summers growing up at the lakes with my father racing K bolts and others he?s been a lot of time around racing racing sprint car been involved with late model dirt track asphalt bending that the salt flats many times the father and fathers friends with Mike Cook and speedy and Mike jellybean and Mike LeFevre he spent many years restoring in building Ford Mustangs and other cars we have Shelby?s yeah He spent many hours working with David Kirk motorsports  we home number to Kirkam motorsports car first one sold to the public we spent many days helping build the first four cars to help David get going report several mustangs Panteras 5060 bird a few Chevy odds and ends myself I have a 1914 Willys of land that I?m building in Lakester roadster out of with a blown 281 do you love her kid can Ford motor have a 1930 my life I window coupe this pristine the man I bought it The man that bought the car when he was 15 he wanted to leave 65 decided to sell the car is never been hot rod it it?s not rotted the canvas and the sea were cleaned up when they start rot Spent many years dirt racing late models building a few and sprint cars here in price it?s been around Rocksprings Nevada Colorado racing

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3751 on: September 08, 2019, 04:19:45 PM »
?
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3752 on: September 08, 2019, 04:30:15 PM »
Hey, Todd.  I'll see if I can disable the punctuation-delete function on your profile so we can understand a little better.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3753 on: September 11, 2019, 06:28:47 PM »
Neandethal moved you to build dairies  :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 06:31:25 PM by Stainless1 »
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline neandethal

« Reply #3754 on: September 12, 2019, 02:35:12 AM »
Thank you, wasn't sure where was best, cheers Ian

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3755 on: September 12, 2019, 09:59:36 AM »
Ian, please start updating progress as you build with pictures.... we are looking forward to seeing your project.
 :cheers:
Stainless

Offline Gary Freudenberger

• New folks
« Reply #3756 on: September 30, 2019, 07:00:32 PM »
Hello, as it says on my post my name is Gary Freudenberger, aka ?Freudman.? Why Freudman, well as you know, FREUD was already taken. Yep, same guy?

My first trip to the salt was in 1973 at the impressionable age of 10 years. I learned many things on that trip; First lesson, ?when you turn off I-80 and hit the access road, you?re gonna want to mash on the gas! Just know that you have a 90 degree turn up ahead.? I?m thinking, ?we are in a feakin? Pinto Wagon, not too worried about the 90 degree turn. In later years I discovered the wisdom of lesson 1, fortunately not the hard way, but close?

In those days FREUD spent the ENTIRE day shooting pictures while I was left to find mischief on my own. As you can imagine, with FREUD as my mentor how could I go wrong?!
I hung out with Marlo at the ?Roach Coach Cantina? as his trailer was named and with Team Vesco, Don was running the Silver Bird at that time. After dinner at The Hideaway Club, it was time to get to work. Our nights were spent in the corner room at The Best Western right below the rock, printing pictures. The next day we would be out on the salt and people would be shocked that we had a shot of them on the course the previous day.

In the spirit of FREUD, more stories to follow in the tribute section to the man you all knew as FREUD but I knew as Dad. 

Offline Bob Drury

Re:Health and Welfare
« Reply #3757 on: September 30, 2019, 08:22:33 PM »
  I have told this story before and may be mistaken about a fact or two but many years ago Der Freudenberger and a couple of abetters in crime were doing a photo shoot for some hot dog motorcycle in the Mountains of Hawaii.  Once the shoot was over they loaded the camera's, motorcycle, themselves and apparently a well stocked bar into the helicopter used for the shoot.
  Suffice to say the motorcycle never landed with the copter, etc.  The only thing that could have made it better would have been for Glenn to doff His trousers, don a parachute, and driven the motorcycle out the door at say... three thousand feet or so..................
would have been a record for sure..................
  Doris may or may not know about this one............................
                                                                                                 Bob :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 08:35:51 PM by Bob Drury »
Bob Drury

Offline Gary Freudenberger

• New folks
« Reply #3758 on: October 01, 2019, 12:42:15 AM »
You are close but no alcohol in or around the helo, I am certain as I was there. One of some many experiences...... 8-)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3759 on: October 09, 2019, 09:44:23 AM »
Your post is really helpful for me, i will keep following to your post to see if you have any other good ideas. Thank you!

taoweaioch you seem to be a bot or spammer post about yourself or be eliminated
Stainless

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3760 on: October 09, 2019, 10:39:31 AM »
Yeah, I think so.  I took a look at the profile and didn't see too much that was scary so I didn't nuke it right away, but now that you've added your comments -- I guess it's time. :mrgreen:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Gumby79

• New folks
« Reply #3761 on: October 10, 2019, 03:36:21 PM »
"Dammit Dave  it duse not work like that, well you built it and it duse work like that. Dammit Dave why do you have to be right?"
    Too many people in my past

David Droescher  2019 3.5mi short corse stewart, 55T 2017 @87.14mph
Prototype fabercator/designer
 Retried Army 1-41INF  veteran in need of a long turm goal.

Phil Knox more passionately known as Aerohead On Ecomodder.com sponsored a run through the now disassembled Darco wind tunnel  in 2017.  Showed a 24% improvement on Cd... Followed with a trip to World of Speed to check out the eye candy( especially for an amateur aerodynamicist) witch lead to me finding a loaner helmet and running a Baseline of 87.14 (92.5  governor @2500rpm) yes 130mph is in sight with a 3500 gov but requires altering the fuel map to install. 

Phase 1 goal  is 130club in a 5500lbs Dodge D250 on factory fuel 160hp/400tq just need the gearing. Ive installed a Allison 6sp( .61 double Overdrive) , next is a 2wd transfer case that utilizes the donuts from a Winters quick change and proper tires.(??? Can I run the same spec as the B/DT 622  227.5mph  [7200lbs +200ga water ballast]   86H @ 90psi [@35 psi sidewall 1186lbs 130mph] ???

. Phase 2 150mph with a fuel tune(3500 gov and turn the screws)  450hp 1350tq possable.  If I build  my aero package right the truck may go 150 @2000rpm with just gear changes.
My build has been hosted @ Ecomodder.com https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/long-road-bonneville-goals-40mpg-useable-pickup-150-a-35805.html
Phase 3 luse the  Truck  title and convert to a glorified station wagon that seats 2 and run for broke  ,if we can find a class to run in that allows compression-ignitions, aerodynamic modifications, and stock body panals; currently there is none.

"Aero is for economy not for going faster with the same power unless you run a car "
Rule book.
Thats impossible.  Just wait till my wallet catches up to my brain.

Offline Acgwolfe

• New folks
« Reply #3762 on: October 25, 2019, 07:48:49 PM »
Craig Gullett from Berea, KY. I ride alot,more dirt now days than street, race occasionally some Enduro/cross country. Been riding for many years and hopefully many more. Since my wonderful children have entered my life and put things in perspective I have checked several things off my bucket list to encourage them to step out of their comfort zone, go out chase their dreams and never let people tell them they don't have it in them. So its looking like 2020 we will be in Bonneville.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3763 on: October 25, 2019, 10:24:49 PM »
Good Plan Craig... see ya on the salt  :cheers:
Stainless

Offline jfseaman

• New folks
Fred Seaman
« Reply #3764 on: October 27, 2019, 11:39:49 AM »
Fred Seaman. Long time follower of LSR. First time on the salt was 2019 World of Speed.

If it is fast for what it is, I like it.