Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267450 times)

Offline friday

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3705 on: April 22, 2019, 05:24:30 PM »
howdy
always interested racing, always searching for history, cheers Paris nz

Offline Arr

• New folks
« Reply #3706 on: May 02, 2019, 09:12:37 PM »
Just a reintroduction here. Until I lost my pass word, I was rebelce here. In 2000 Ray Hedstrom and I set the XO/VGC record in his '41 Chevy, Inline Fever. Two years before that I was pushing him off the line in my '41 Chevy pickup. The engine from my truck was re-camed and three S&S model B carbs were fitted along with a stepped headers with a merged collector and a megaphone. That engine went into Mark Millers pickup, then the Wayne Special (George Campbells, Salt Circus). I don't know where it is now. So here I am piecing together the makings of an X0/GL which would be good to finish before I die.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3707 on: May 03, 2019, 06:57:26 AM »
Armond,

Good to see you back here and with a project to work on.  We never grow up, just play with more interesting - and hopefully faster - toys  :-D

Email sent.  Hope to catch up with you again soon.

Stay safe, have fun, and go fast,

Ed

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3708 on: May 03, 2019, 10:24:57 AM »
Several years ago, I made a fuel injection manifold for Ray's 261. But Ray was not able to get back to the salt and run it, Do you know where it is now?

Offline Arr

• New folks
« Reply #3709 on: May 03, 2019, 05:40:18 PM »
Evening Rich, Ray did show those to me. His son Gary took the coupe and most of the parts up to Washington but they did leave a few things. There's another son, Dave still living there and I will contact him for you. Dave's pretty mellow and is trying to build a Bonneville car using the Eelco Wee eel body molds to build a stretched version.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3710 on: May 03, 2019, 09:33:27 PM »
Thanks. I don't want them back. Just would be cool to see somebody run them. I used a 4 cylinder set and they worked for me.

Offline Arr

• New folks
« Reply #3711 on: May 04, 2019, 03:57:14 PM »
Dave tells me they went to Washington with Gary Hedstrom and the coupe.

Offline BigRedToo

• New folks
« Reply #3712 on: June 19, 2019, 06:27:33 AM »
Hi there,
New member here but I am a member of the FB Land Speed Racer page. Just looking to gather as much useful info as possible before my first time out to the salt this coming Speed Week.
I will be running car #1150 B/FALT (pending inspection). The car, Big Red Too (yes, I know RJ and he has helped me throughout my build) is a 1975 Chevrolet Laguna S3 Nascar tribute with original steel body, track width, wheelbase and drivetrain location.
I'm really looking forward to participating this year...and hopefully in the year to come.
We'll be flying a Canadian flag over our pits...so feel free to stop by and say hi.
Aaron Jacques
B/FALT
1975 Chevrolet Laguna S3 Nascar tribute.

Offline 07R1LSR

« Reply #3713 on: June 22, 2019, 11:17:56 AM »
New member here.  Currently working on 2007 Yamaha R1 for the 1000cc M-G /M/F class.  Living in meridian idaho.  Been to speedweek 3x and headed down again this year...hopefully bike is ready for 2020! :cheers:

Offline Flat54

• New folks
« Reply #3714 on: June 29, 2019, 06:07:51 AM »
Hi My name is Grant Potter I live in Rawene a small town on the shores of the Hokianga Harbour in New Zealand. The view from my workshop is pretty hard to beat. I was involved in drag racing in New Zealand in the 70s then took a long break to raise a family, when the children all left home I started to get back into things automotive, finishing off a Flathead powered 34 Ford coupe at the moment. Been lurking on the forum since about 2007. Went to SW 2008, cliched, but it was on the bucket list, been back every year since with the exception of the early rain cancellation event, year??. Thought it was time to register. Have some plans for becoming more than just a spectator so hope to discuss some ideas about that with folks on the forum.

Offline salt27

« Reply #3715 on: June 29, 2019, 12:11:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Grant.

One of my favorite places, maybe not too far from you is Waipu Cove, well, besides Bonneville.

Hope to see you on the salt, Don

Offline Flat54

• New folks
« Reply #3716 on: June 29, 2019, 03:50:47 PM »
Thanks Don. Waipu Cove is a nice spot, only an hour or so from me,when you're over next get in touch. Grant

Offline Marty Strode

• New folks
« Reply #3717 on: July 04, 2019, 01:04:29 AM »
Hello,
         New member from Oregon, my first trip to the salt was in 2007.  After years of involvement in drag and oval track racing,  my Brother Jerry and I decided to see it first hand. We had some friends from our area competing, and found the relaxed atmosphere, different then anything we had experienced.  Jerry built a T-Bird A/BFALT that he started running in 2010, and I built a Rear Engine Modified Roadster for my pal Jim Lindsay, in time for the 2014 season.  I am primarily a chassis and sheet metal fabricator, and have been referred to as, a part time story teller ! Hope to meet some of you at Speedweek.

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3718 on: July 04, 2019, 08:46:57 AM »
Welcome, Marty!

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Skip Pipes

• I hate being bipolar, its awesome!
« Reply #3719 on: July 04, 2019, 02:21:52 PM »
Hey Marty,

Good to see you over here.

Skip Pipes
Skip's Garage
Builder of the SUNBEAM ALPINE Police Interceptor