Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267246 times)

Offline Claybuster84

• New folks
    • Weikert Bros. Racing
Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3615 on: January 30, 2018, 10:25:18 AM »
Hi All!

Jake Weikert here. Been a lifelong racer and will be making my first runs at Bonneville later this year at Speed Week.

My racing career started at the age of 8 in go-carts in eastern Iowa. Running carts through the age of 14 when I got "too big" to compete with the smaller kids so sold out and upgraded to Stock cars.

Running cars through college starting in cruiser class and eventually finishing in IMCA Modifieds when life got in the way...

Since then I have been all over in the motorsports world messing with Pikes Peak stuff and doing some motorcycle trials.

That all changed in 2009 when I first visited Bonneville and knew that is what I want to do! That year we drove from Iowa out without any idea or plan. Left on Friday morning, made it there Saturday, went to the salt Saturday and Sunday and back in Iowa Monday afternoon... stupid to say the least!

Since then we have attended every year they ran Speedweek driving out and back (including 2014) and have been trying to come up with a plan to get something out there.

Last year we decided to put together a plan for this year using a restored 1974 Honda Flat Tracker we built for Pikes Peak to run.

This year Weikert Bros Racing will be partnering with Paynes Cycle Center of Rock Island to run to raise money for the Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. I know the record for the smaller bike classes (250, 350) are not as glamorous as the big guys but we wanted to start out with something attainable for our first time. We are running a 250 class Honda flat tracker! A lot of work to do but we will be there and ready to go August 11th. Any help or advice will be much appreciated! I am not someone who knows it all and am open to any help!

Here is our facebook page if anyone wants to check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/Weikertbrosracing/

here is the link to our fundraising page as well for the Fox Foundation:

https://fundraise.michaeljfox.org/tf-2018/TeamWeikert

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Offline Arumdo

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3616 on: February 26, 2018, 11:38:04 AM »
Hello everyone

My name is David Phillips, from Cornwall in the UK.  I've been a visitor to the forum for the last few years, and thought it was time I joined.  During this time I've been building a small K class diesel streamliner, making good use of the advice posted here, in particular getting a rule book and reading it through a number of times before starting the build.  As it nears completion I'm sure I will need to ask some very obvious questions, for which I apologize in advance!

All the best

David

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3617 on: February 26, 2018, 11:42:40 AM »
Welcome, David.  Thanks for taking the plunge and joining.  Have fun and feel free to offer whatever you have - we'll only yank your chain some of the time. . .

Jon a/k/a SSS
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Buamotorsport

« Reply #3618 on: February 26, 2018, 12:39:03 PM »
Greetings David. Have sent a PM. Get back to me when you can.

Offline Baz

• New folks
« Reply #3619 on: March 23, 2018, 06:34:20 AM »
Hi Everybody
My name is Barry Beadle (Baz) from the UK. I am a bike fan and I have ridden at Bonneville at various times since 2010, most recently last year when I entered Speedweek and BMST events. I own a Gen 1 turbocharged Hayabusa with a Motec M400 ECU. I am a fairly big person and I am looking to improve the aerodynamics on my bike. At the moment the bike is lowered by about 30mm and has a 'cut out' smaller tank than stock. The footrest position is stock, the current fairing is'three quarter cut' so lowers partially removed. I plan to replace the tank with a fuel cell and to move the footrest positions so they are lower and slightly rearset.

I plan to visit the USA for 2 weeks this year from August 20th, I will take in the BMST event. I was hoping that some of you might be able to help me. I would like to take a look at any bikes which have fairing kits supplied by Airtech in California. The fairings I am interested in are as follows: (a) The flagship Landspeed B kit (b) The John Noonan kit (I believe this is the LSR 'A' kit) (c) The Rad Greaves kit.

Is anybody intending to be at BMST that has any of these kits fitted to their bike. If so can I please look you up. If anybody is not attending BMST but has one of these kits fitted, I would be happy to travel to see you if possible when I visit USA.

Thankyou for your help and welcoming me to the site

Barry

Offline Speeditaly

• New folks
« Reply #3620 on: March 29, 2018, 10:33:59 AM »
Hi to All.
My name is Mark...from italy.
Interested in speed race from early age!..now 34.
HI!!!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3621 on: March 30, 2018, 12:06:22 AM »
There was a team from Italy that did very well here a few years ago.  GasGas was their team name.

Online salt27

« Reply #3622 on: March 30, 2018, 08:19:01 AM »
There was a team from Italy that did very well here a few years ago.  GasGas was their team name.

Maybe "GusGus"?

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Speeditaly

• New folks
« Reply #3624 on: March 31, 2018, 05:21:59 PM »
YESS!! I know GusGus!...Great Car!

Offline Coffeejoejava

• New folks
« Reply #3625 on: April 03, 2018, 12:52:45 PM »
Name is Bryan.  I live in Virginia Beach Va.  I have never been to a land speed racing event, I have always looked on with amazement at what people have been able to do with their vehicles to get them to run at such speeds.  I mean seriously, a 4 banger from a 1915 Model T doing high 100's to 200+ mph?  Even Henry himself would be amazed!

I have always had a desire to make a high speed run like what you all do.  I missed my chance when the races were at Maxton, not far from my house (relatively speaking as compared to Bonneville.  It is a dream of mine to take a vehicle that I built and race it to its extreme limits.   

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3626 on: April 03, 2018, 01:04:19 PM »
Joe; It was my dream also. So I did it. This is your only go around. If you can, you should.

Offline bearingburner

« Reply #3627 on: April 03, 2018, 09:13:05 PM »
Loring ME is a lot closer than Bonneville and the surface is consistently better, weather cooler, and more moose.

Offline nami

• New folks
« Reply #3628 on: May 14, 2018, 04:42:21 PM »
Hi guys!
I'm Nami from Japan ^_^
Nice to meet you all

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3629 on: May 14, 2018, 05:52:48 PM »
いらっしゃいませ  :-D

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!