Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267160 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3435 on: March 15, 2016, 05:07:30 PM »
But (before Dan jumps in here) please understand that on this Forum, on this website -- we only can talk about the rules and how we interpret them.  If you must have an official rule interpretation or such -- please contact the appropriate official.  We'll be glad to help you find the pertinent person.  Sometimes they're on this Forum, but still -- official stuff must come from them, not us.  Okay - enough said. :dhorse:

I'd hate to get you in trouble 'cause you didn't know something like this.  Welcome -- we'll all do our best to help you.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline madsundaysurvivor

• New folks
« Reply #3436 on: March 16, 2016, 03:09:43 AM »
Thank you very much for the welcome.
I understand what you tell me, my doubts are where enroll for racing .... who are the organizers .. rules ..

Soon I will write a post
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 03:14:25 AM by madsundaysurvivor »

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #3437 on: March 27, 2016, 04:35:28 PM »
Hi All , happy Easter,I guess I am remiss in my duties  :oops:and didn't do a proper 'intro' for myself. My name is Ed Leroy, and along with my wife Leona, we have been 'salt-addicted' since 2007. We run with USFRA group and have completed the 130 & 150 Club and are now in position to move to the 'real' world of competition. We run a 1953 Studebaker with a BBC and have reached 158+ so far, with an eye on 200 someday. I would post a pic but being somewhat computer dumb, I don't seem to be able to do it.I own/run an auto repair & restoration shop in the Willamette valley and have been a gear head all my life.We also run 2 cars at the local drag strip more or less for the fun, not a serious competitor.I hope we get some good salt this year, as that is where our hearts are!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3438 on: March 27, 2016, 11:59:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Ed.  There are more than a few webfoots lurking around Landracing.com

Offline salt27

« Reply #3439 on: March 28, 2016, 05:25:44 AM »
Welcome aboard Ed.

Local drag strip, Eugene-ish?

I haven't seen those words paired since the demise of Balboa/Norpac.

Don

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #3440 on: March 28, 2016, 10:44:19 AM »
Good morning, thanks for the welcome! I have been enjoying being on here for some time, but as it was pointed out to me over the weekend, I was remiss in my intro, which I believe was caused by my inability to post my pics, so it was like  " ok, I'll do it later' and then life happens and suddenly it IS later. I have learned a great deal from this site, being a relative nu-bee I grab every bit of info I can. So, once again, thanks for the welcome and GREAT SALT to all !

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #3441 on: March 28, 2016, 10:47:32 AM »
By the way Don, yeah you're right, 'local' is now Woodburn !!

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3442 on: March 28, 2016, 08:27:34 PM »
There was a strip in Portland.  I am not sure if it is still there.  It was right near the Portland International Raceway.

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #3443 on: March 28, 2016, 08:47:11 PM »
Hi Wobblywalrus, yes, in fact it is still active and it is part of PIR, I guess they have racing every Fri night during the season, haven't been there for racing, but go as a vendor at the upcoming swap meet. Maybe I'll see you there, Ed

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #3444 on: March 28, 2016, 11:19:24 PM »
  It is in fact the front straightaway of the 2 1/2 mile Portland International Raceway where I will be setting up Wednesday for the three day Portland International Raceway Swapmeet (Thurs Thru Sat.)  The entire track (both sides) is wall to wall spaces (sold out).
  A half mile North is the Portland Swap Meet (Fri thru Sun.)  A thousand or more spaces (sold out.)
  Between the two It is amongst the largest in North America and the largest West of the Mississippi.
  Oh yeah, The 1/4 mile dragstrip is beautiful and used to have NHRA Divisional Meets until The local citizens forced a mandatory muffler rule on ALL VEHICLES.
  I crewed on a Top Fuel Dragster out of Eugene in the mid seventies and have a great story about our car running Shirley Muldowney.
  The story can be heard in Space # 1158.                                                         One Run, out.....................................
Bob Drury

Offline gnomenator

« Reply #3445 on: March 29, 2016, 10:43:36 AM »
Good Morning Bob, I'm in space 2491 and will also be up there tomorrow setting up. After the dust clears, I'll see if I can track you down  :)  I'm gonna do a poster with the UA flyer and have hand-outs available, as we know, there isn't a larger crowd of gearheads this side of Denver! Anything to get our beloved salt back. See ya there, Ed

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3446 on: April 25, 2016, 01:26:32 AM »
Hey! I am Feacts. I am 50 years old. I work in an ad agency. I am from New York. I like reading books and love to swim. i am a new member at this site. this forum looks great and quite informative.  i also want to join it to be a part of fun.

Spam?
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #3447 on: April 25, 2016, 02:57:56 AM »
It crossed my mind too Neil but without any incriminating link I see no problem with welcoming him on board until we see an issue. A little more information on why you're attracted to the landspeed racing forum would probably help Feacts. Hopefully you can enjoy and contribute.

Pete

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3448 on: April 25, 2016, 01:47:19 PM »
Pete;

Maybe, but no mention of cars, bikes, or racing of any kind. "I like reading books and love to swim." doesn't sound like someone really interested in this site.

... long walks on the beach, candlelight dinners, ........................  :?

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3449 on: April 25, 2016, 01:54:40 PM »
I didn't see anything (in the new profile) to trigger a ban - but I also wonder where he's going.  Let's wait for a little to hear from the dude.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com