Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267168 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3210 on: October 31, 2014, 10:50:03 PM »
Welcome Shirl, Lumpy, Dana and Igor. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline IG

• New folks
« Reply #3211 on: October 31, 2014, 11:11:48 PM »
Whoa! Just went to update my avatar, and got so many welcomes!!!

Thank you guys! I already feel warm and cozy.  :cry:

I am from Long Island, NY.

Heading to the main forum with my questions...

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3212 on: November 01, 2014, 10:05:04 AM »
You're welcome here -- and you're welcome, too.  I put your statement of location into the avatar area for you.  That's what they were asking you to do -- mostly so I wouldn't give you one of the preferred locations, such as, maybe, mmmm, Long Labia, Louisiana.  Yeah -- that's a nice one, isn't it?

Welcome to the Forum.  Top end your 'Busa? Why the heck not?  Take a tooth or three off the back sprocket, put a bunch of safety gear on the bike and yourself, and come on out and play! :cheers: :-D :-D :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #3213 on: November 01, 2014, 12:16:28 PM »
You might also try suzukihayabusa.org. Welcome, always good to see another Busa guy here!! :-D
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline bvilletom

• New folks
« Reply #3214 on: November 02, 2014, 11:28:40 AM »
You're welcome here -- and you're welcome, too.  I put your statement of location into the avatar area for you.  That's what they were asking you to do -- mostly so I wouldn't give you one of the preferred locations, such as, maybe, mmmm, Long Labia, Louisiana.  Yeah -- that's a nice one, isn't it?

Welcome to the Forum.  Top end your 'Busa? Why the heck not?  Take a tooth or three off the back sprocket, put a bunch of safety gear on the bike and yourself, and come on out and play! :cheers: :-D :-D :cheers:

Offline JDC

• New folks
« Reply #3215 on: November 05, 2014, 02:17:45 PM »
My name is Joe and I have always wanted to run at Bonneville or Maxon and never had the funds or a car.  I just inherited a running 1961 Olds with the original 215.  It needs work but I believe it may have to potential for a project car.  It is light with a clean body and complete.  I do plan on getting a rulebook, but I just wanted to get some idea started.  I think E/GALT is what I'm looking at.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3216 on: November 05, 2014, 02:33:12 PM »
Yes at 215 cid it's an "E" engine. I think you will be in E/GCAlt. Bad news on running it at Maxton. But they have a newer, better place now.

Offline Bigtime

• New folks
« Reply #3217 on: November 15, 2014, 10:02:42 AM »
Hi everyone.

I'm a civil engineer in Miami FL.
I'm highly interested in the technical side of world's fastest supercars.
Would like to know about the technical lessons learned in salt flats and how they can be applied to fastest road cars.

Would like to see the world's fastest supercar title to come back to America by dethroning the Bugatti Veyron.
If possible doing so with a more American design than the Lotus-based Hennessey Venom GT.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3218 on: November 15, 2014, 10:48:46 AM »
Bigtime;

The fastest way to learn about high speed cars is to attend Speed Week next year and talk to the teams. You will learn a lot and have a good time, too.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline D Wolfe

• New folks
« Reply #3219 on: November 18, 2014, 11:58:55 PM »
Hi All,

I figured I should quickly introduce myself to the group.

I made the big trek down to Speed Week from Manitoba Canada in 2012.  It was a great time and I am looking forward to returning as a participant.

At the moment I'm just reading through the rulebook and getting rather confused.  haha.  This site has already helped me out a lot, and for that I thank all of you!  I can't wait to learn more and get back to the salt!

D

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #3220 on: November 19, 2014, 12:51:58 AM »
Hi All,

I figured I should quickly introduce myself to the group.

I made the big trek down to Speed Week from Manitoba Canada in 2012.  It was a great time and I am looking forward to returning as a participant.

At the moment I'm just reading through the rulebook and getting rather confused.  haha.  This site has already helped me out a lot, and for that I thank all of you!  I can't wait to learn more and get back to the salt!

D

Welcome, I'm originally from Winnipeg but I've been out in Calgary since '69. Have you picked a project yet? If you have any questions this is definitely the place to ask.

Pete

Offline D Wolfe

• New folks
« Reply #3221 on: November 19, 2014, 04:01:24 PM »
Hi Pete,

Thanks for the welcome!  I have some family and friends out in Calgary.  I was pleasantly surprised with all the Alberta plates I saw at Speed Week.

Classic Production seems to be the category for me.

D

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3222 on: November 19, 2014, 05:11:19 PM »
Welcome D. :cheers:

Offline D Wolfe

• New folks
« Reply #3223 on: November 19, 2014, 11:55:19 PM »
Hey tauruck,

thanks for the welcome!  Cheers!

D

Offline jjolly

« Reply #3224 on: November 20, 2014, 07:18:49 PM »
I am Joe and live in SE Michigan. I Just picked up an Ohio mile record holding mustang from an Oklahoma Racer. Got a great car from a great guy~!  The previous owner ran an GM motor, I'll be running a Ford. He ran 173, I am looking forward to May and just getting a full pass in! I may not post much but I will read these forums when I have questions. Would like to run Bonneville in 2016.
Joe
 C/CGC 79 Mustang. 214.698 Speedweek 2021
Why not now?