Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267247 times)

Offline Rogue Willie

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3150 on: August 08, 2014, 09:29:03 AM »
Hello all, My name is Bill Magnie. I have been lurking here for awhile and now that my salt addiction is taking over I decided to join. My goal is to go 200 mph but I have not decided in or on what. I'm a harley and hot rod kinda guy. I've been a machinist/fabricator for 35+ years and most importantly I have the support of my wife.

Offline Jeremy Ferranti

• New folks
« Reply #3151 on: August 08, 2014, 06:14:34 PM »
Hello, my name is Jeremy. I've been lurking for roughly two years and finally decided to join since I finally started my land speed quest.  I bested 168mph in 1/2 mile and 189 in standing 1 mile.  Thanks for having me... turn my 200+ mph speed freak lights on please!

Offline Team Mad Mex

• New folks
« Reply #3152 on: August 11, 2014, 01:17:11 AM »
Hello to all! We are a new team (3 at the moment) from Brownsville Texas in the process of building a Streamliner cycle, we will be at Bonneville to see how it all works, but next year we hope to make a few passes down the salt, this year we are gathering and learning all we can, hope to meet some of you if not all!!

And may the God of speed be in your favor
Ricardo T
Team Mad Mex

Welcome Ricardo. Mike. Thanks Mike!!

Offline Spock

• New folks
« Reply #3153 on: August 11, 2014, 10:14:23 PM »
Hello , my name is Spock.
I have been involved in a 'tanker since about 2011....raced in '12....went 160...went back last week....and came home...boo.
Runs a naturally aspirated flatty in a T33 Canadian wing tip tank

Spock

Offline joes68340s

• New folks
« Reply #3154 on: August 12, 2014, 01:22:16 PM »
Hi New to the site.  I am considering converting my 71 Duster from a drag only car to a LSR car. Wanting to try something new but not to wild. Lots to research great site.

Offline 8flat

• New folks
« Reply #3155 on: August 19, 2014, 01:47:02 PM »
Hey there, Gary Evans here, I'm from Montana and have been on the HAMB for about 8yrs.  After playing with flatheads for the last 10yrs I'm moving on to a '33 chevy coupe that was my great-grandfather's car, found it in a coulee on our ranch so it's just a shell.  I'm tossing around the idea of building it with the intention of passing spec and taking a spin on the salt.  I Joined this place to learn, thanks to everyone in the community that are so willing to help out new guys, it's one of my favorite things about Internet forums like these.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3156 on: August 19, 2014, 06:04:35 PM »
Welcome guys.
Have a great time. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mike.

Offline BobDcuda

« Reply #3157 on: August 19, 2014, 09:49:53 PM »
8flat, where in Montana are you from?  There are a number of dedicated race teams in Montana, and you would do well to hook up with one or some of them.  Nice guys, too....

Offline 8flat

• New folks
« Reply #3158 on: August 20, 2014, 10:44:41 AM »
8flat, where in Montana are you from?  There are a number of dedicated race teams in Montana, and you would do well to hook up with one or some of them.  Nice guys, too....

Good point.  I'm in the Highwood mountains, East of Great Falls, right in the center of MT.  Basically out in the middle of nowhere, but I'd love to meet up with some other teams.  I met Gene Burkland before he died and got to crawl around his car, that was inspiring to say the least.  I also spent a day helping out Chaz from Missoula, he's on the HAMB and is building a sweet belly tank.  That's about all I know of around here.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3159 on: August 20, 2014, 02:07:34 PM »
Gary:  How 'bout you going to your profile and entering on the registration page the name of your city and state?  That way it'll show up on every post you make.

I looked at my map (it's an old one) and didn't find the Highwood Mountains.  Maybe they hadn't formed yet (I told you it was an old map).

Doug Grieve and his wife, Barb, and their next-door neighbors live in Columbus, MT.  They run Buick straight 8 engines in their long car -- a lakester turned streamliner.  They also have run a Jaguar with a straight 8.  Let's see -- Rex Svoboda lives in Missoula.  His car is a Comp Coupe - #313, I think.  He broke through the 300-mph wall last year.  There are other Montanans but their names don't come to mind right away quick like a runny babbit.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 8flat

• New folks
« Reply #3160 on: August 20, 2014, 03:53:25 PM »
Gary:  How 'bout you going to your profile and entering on the registration page the name of your city and state?  That way it'll show up on every post you make.

I looked at my map (it's an old one) and didn't find the Highwood Mountains.  Maybe they hadn't formed yet (I told you it was an old map).

Doug Grieve and his wife, Barb, and their next-door neighbors live in Columbus, MT.  They run Buick straight 8 engines in their long car -- a lakester turned streamliner.  They also have run a Jaguar with a straight 8.  Let's see -- Rex Svoboda lives in Missoula.  His car is a Comp Coupe - #313, I think.  He broke through the 300-mph wall last year.  There are other Montanans but their names don't come to mind right away quick like a runny babbit.

LOL, I'll do that!  If you type "Highwood mountains montana" in Google maps it'll take ya right to it.  It's a small set of mtns, what they call an island mountain range out in the middle of the prairie, there are a bunch of them in Montana.  Highest peak is only 7,800ft.

THanks for the info, I have a buddy in Columbus, he's a car guy so I'm going to call and see if he knows Doug.  I'd also like to reach out to Rex the next time I'm in Missoula, would love to talk to some of these folks.

Offline Paolo Castellano

« Reply #3161 on: August 22, 2014, 10:41:55 AM »
HI, my name is Paolo Castellano and I started out as the guy who broke all kinds of stuff on all the cars I drove and "could have gotten out of a 135 MPH in a 45 MPH zone if only my I had not had my name on 2.5 pages of the 12 pages showing the date of every ticket each person in the court room had gotten to date" I was relieved when the cop told me he clocked me @ 135 because I squirted the car up to almost 200. Granted this was 10 years ago and I don't do this kind of stuff on the street any more...........

I started out not knowing how to do an oil change to having built about 30 twin turbo Vipers with no less than 12 or 13 different configurations. To put it kindly for myself, I lost money doing twin turbo systems for customers, ruined my marriage because of the car stuff........ I am sure there are a few other knuckle heads like me on this forum!

I contracted Mike LeFevers to build me a high revving Viper motor for a pair of T-6 88 mm turbochargers towards the end of going 300 MPH at Bonneville. Due to personal issues related to Divorce and the economy, it has taken until just recently to finish paying for the motor and I should be getting it shortly. Mike has given me quite a bit of information over the years about how Bonneville works, how to build the car, aerodynamics/etc....  

I have also had tons of help from Joe Timney in building a roll cage for another vehicle! Joe has been super patient and has given me some very good information!

I will try to get this car running in the next year or so so I can start to learn how to run the car at the higher speeds creeping up slowly to the ultimate goal. In the meantime, I will read and learn all I can from the posts on this forum! Any and all help will be appreciated!

Best regards, Paolo Castellano

« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:33:34 PM by Paolo Castellano »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3162 on: August 22, 2014, 11:36:14 AM »
Welcome, Pablo.  I'm glad you've decided to come out of the closet and join the forum.  Best wishes.  I expect you'll enjoy hanging out here as you progress with your build.

One thing worries me, though.  It's about your choice of material for a motor mount. . . :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3163 on: August 22, 2014, 11:48:39 AM »
Welcome, Pablo.  I'm glad you've decided to come out of the closet and join the forum.  Best wishes.  I expect you'll enjoy hanging out here as you progress with your build.

One thing worries me, though.  It's about your choice of material for a motor mount. . . :evil:

Clearly a Pabst can would be the superior choice.  :cheers:
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Paolo Castellano

« Reply #3164 on: August 22, 2014, 12:34:29 PM »

Please teach me!