Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267287 times)

Offline teamtiamatracing

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3000 on: April 05, 2014, 05:36:12 PM »
Adrian here.   8-)

I live in Northern Maine and race with my 2007 Toyota Yaris S sedan. I have had previous dealings for the most part with American Muscle, but for some rrason got the Land Speed bug with this car. I love the sport. Been a lurker here for a while. I am super pumped about the LTA Main Event coming up in July. Not sure if I will make the Harvest Event LDW.  I currently run in H/PS. My goal is to show what a supposed econobox with a 1.5l has the ability to do.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3001 on: April 05, 2014, 07:16:42 PM »
Tell us more about your Yaris -- I didn't know they had a turbo model.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3002 on: April 05, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »
Adrian, I think you should go to the registration page and correct your Profile.  It's got you listed as not living in northern Maine.  Put down your town and state - or even just "northern Maine", okay?  Thanks.  Welcome to the Forum.  It's a fine place to hang out.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline RGV

• New folks
  • MPS/G 250 140.46 MPH
« Reply #3003 on: April 05, 2014, 10:18:46 PM »
Hi, Im Dave from South Australia and compete at Lake Gairdner in the MPS/G 250 class. Ive had a look round and am having trouble finding the current record for this class, or any other 250 cc bike class for that matter. Can some one point me in the right direction please? Ive found some old ones, but nothing recent.

I ride a RGV250 Suzuki and broke my record that I set last year, 140.46 MPH. (131.21 last year) I was going to change to the Fuel class next year but if the current record is within reason ill continue in the Gas class and see how it pans out.

Thanx
Dave

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #3004 on: April 06, 2014, 01:05:21 PM »
We'll help you -- if you tell us which venue you're interested in.  Bub?  SCTA?  Etc.?
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline RGV

• New folks
  • MPS/G 250 140.46 MPH
« Reply #3005 on: April 06, 2014, 07:44:52 PM »
Thanx Stan. I was looking for the Fastest speed achieved on a road based 250, eg not a factory road racer. I suppose SCTA would be the most relevant as thats the flag we run under.

Ive found a few posts like this one but nothing that looks current.

http://www.fim-live.com/en/sport/world-records-attempts/events/

Thanx
Dave

Edit: Just found this. http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/Records/Bikes.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 07:54:09 PM by RGV »

Offline Koncretekid

« Reply #3006 on: April 06, 2014, 07:56:23 PM »
RGV,
I've been following you guys on DLRA and am very impressed with your efforts.  For SCTA records, just go here: http://www.scta-bni.org/Bonneville/Records/BNI_records.htm  For BUB records go here: http://www.speedtrialsbybub.com/2011_event/index-2011.html, and scroll down to "2014 supplemental regulations" and download the rulebook.  The records are at the end of the rule book.
Tom
We get too soon oldt, and too late schmart!
Life's uncertain - eat dessert first!

Offline RGV

• New folks
  • MPS/G 250 140.46 MPH
« Reply #3007 on: April 06, 2014, 08:07:24 PM »
Thanx Tom, I didnt think of down loading the rule book and ill check out the link.

Thanx
Dave

Offline Mandi Engineering

• New folks
« Reply #3008 on: April 06, 2014, 08:25:05 PM »
Ciao! My name is Jonathan Madonia and owner of Manderioli Engineering.

I have decided to take my knowledge of engineering and test my capabilities on the salt. Since I have yet to visit the flats I wanted to experience everything there is during speed week at once. Currently finishing the build of my motorcycle frame with hopes to compete in 2015.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3009 on: April 06, 2014, 08:28:08 PM »
Howdy, Jonathon.  Welcome to our Forum.  I expect this will become a favorite site for you as you learn about land speed racing.  Would you please be so kind as to back to the registration page and fill out your location in the Profile, please?  That way we'll know where you are -- so that we might be available to visit to share some great bench racing or maybe even have you show one of us just what the heck you're doing.

See you on the salt.  Come on out during 2014 -- just to spectate.  It'll be very worth your while to visit before showing up with a race bike.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Bennu

• New folks
« Reply #3010 on: April 17, 2014, 05:14:39 AM »
Hello all from another newcomer to the forum, and probably to the speed week this year (as volunteer or spectator), and as a driver the following years.

I am a Spanish engineer, found of speed, cars and motorcycles as long as I can remember.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3011 on: April 17, 2014, 11:07:33 AM »
Bennu;

Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy Speed Week!

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Greaseballracing

• New folks
« Reply #3012 on: April 27, 2014, 06:18:45 AM »
hey all, my name is owen. After attending speedweek 2011 (on my honeymoon) I got the bug, made the trip from Australia again and got to check out el mirage in june 2013. since then I have finally started construction on an aps-bf 650 powered by a turbo triumph Daytona 600 engine. hope to make it to speedweek 2015 preferably with the bike but we will see. Look forward to seeing you guys on the salt.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3013 on: April 27, 2014, 06:46:42 AM »
Hey Owen, welcome. :cheers:

I hope you have the time of your life either way. :-D

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3014 on: April 27, 2014, 10:26:41 AM »
hey all, my name is owen. After attending speedweek 2011 (on my honeymoon) I got the bug, made the trip from Australia again and got to check out el mirage in june 2013.

Honeymooned on the salt flats.

Boys and girls - take note of this.

Owen, you are one of the truly lucky ones.

We look forward to meeting you, and we also look forward to meeting this very incredible woman you've married.  Treat her right - this is one you're definitely going to want to keep.  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:28:12 AM by Milwaukee Midget »
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll: