Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2272912 times)

Offline relaxedphit

• Organ Donor...refrigerate after opening
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2835 on: November 13, 2013, 12:17:19 PM »
Lisa, great endeavor and I really like the Polaris bikes; but what about Indian's proprietary engine, if you're using a "modern" powerplant? Look forward to more in the future.

Offline Hellcat Customs

Re:
« Reply #2836 on: November 17, 2013, 10:21:36 PM »
There has recently been a modern Indian built called the spirit of munro...  May give you some good ideas

Offline TIIILSR

• New folks
« Reply #2837 on: November 21, 2013, 03:49:58 AM »
My name is Mike. Born in 68. I am putting together a 69 VW fastback to run on the salt and possibly other land speed runs in other places. Have raced and played with VWs offroad in class 5 unlimited for a short time. Sold that car, now to go fast in a VW with much less suspension and in a straight line. Have been reading here for a bit of time and was finally able to sign up to post. Looking forward to chat with everyone.

Mike   
Welcome Mike, I applaud you for taking the speed challenge on with a VW.
The 1st, few engines I built were VW's, once you have it in your blood your always a VW person - Just Love Em!
Good luck with your build  :cheers:
Thank you. Like most people in the VW scene it does stick in the blood. But I do have other vehicles past and present of other makes and models so I am not much biased on labels.  :-D But for now I have a goal to set, and it is with an ACVW.

Mike
Mike
Jackpot motorsports

Offline FABRK8R

• New folks
« Reply #2838 on: November 26, 2013, 08:59:04 AM »

Hi, my name is Sean.

New guy here with a F6F Hellcat Belly Tank/Lakester construction in the garage.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2839 on: November 26, 2013, 11:03:43 AM »
Hi, Sean.  Where's "here"?  You didn't put your location in the blank in the Profile page of registration.  let us know where you're located, please.  Thanks - and welcome to the Forum.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline DND

« Reply #2840 on: November 26, 2013, 04:42:01 PM »
Hi Sean

Tell us more about your Tank & where you is?

G Don

Offline TIIILSR

• New folks
« Reply #2841 on: November 27, 2013, 02:06:27 AM »
Welcome Sean,
Looking forward to reading about your project, any photos?

Mike
Mike
Jackpot motorsports

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2842 on: November 27, 2013, 09:00:01 AM »
As you can now see, I've assigned Sean a location.  Maybe that'll joggle his elbow - and when he next visits this Forum he'll change it to his real town.  We look forward to hearing from you soon, Sean.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline FABRK8R

• New folks
« Reply #2843 on: November 29, 2013, 03:11:46 PM »
Hi Sean

Tell us more about your Tank & where you is?

G Don

Hey folks,

Updated my profile's location  :-). "I is" in Cameron, North Cackalacky (south of Raleigh ~30-40mins).

Tanker-wise,... (the important stuff,  :-D)

... I'm sorting thru some measurements today, doing a mock up with the Hellcat tins & decidin' on the power plant, trans & rear end. (I've got a few on hand) It's a really tight budget build -with no actual budget to speak of (sound familiar?). Tryin' to do an early ~60's powered (read cheap) build, but still get some speed out of the old girl.

Never been to Bonneville, so tryin' to keep things simple & make goin' to the salt a more than one time experience with some good buddies & the fambly.

So here's to makin' memories & enjoyin' life :cheers:,

Sean

PS: God Bless & Godspeed!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 03:23:00 PM by FABRK8R »

gkabbt

« Reply #2844 on: November 30, 2013, 09:24:24 AM »
Sean,
Welcome from another NC Dude! Nashville here, about 45 miles East of Raleigh. Been through Cameron many times as I had relatives that lived in Southern Pines. To bad the ECTA does not run at Maxton anymore, about 50 miles from you.
You will find a tremendous wealth of knowledge here and answers to questions you have not even asked!   :?  :-D  :cheers:

I am SLOWLY working on a 1983 Dodge Rampage for the BMMP class and will have it ready for one of the ECTA's Wilmington, OH meets next year!

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Gregg Adams
PS
Like others asked.....any pictures?

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2845 on: November 30, 2013, 01:18:47 PM »
Sean, STOP... before you do anything, do you have a rule book?  The rules for lakesters are easy, it is all the other stuff... safety... that is hard and you will only want to do it once. 

Most here will suggest you attend a meet first to see what you are about to get yourself into... taking ideas from other vehicles is a lot easier than reinventing the wheel... most will tell you what they would have done different after the fact... what they would change in their designs.  Those are the guys to listen to before you start building.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2846 on: November 30, 2013, 01:33:50 PM »
Welcome Sean, So you live just up the road?. No problem. :-D :-D :-D

Great forum.

God Bless, Mikey.

Offline FABRK8R

• New folks
« Reply #2847 on: December 01, 2013, 06:06:07 PM »
Sean,
Welcome from another NC Dude! Nashville here, about 45 miles East of Raleigh. Been through Cameron many times as I had relatives that lived in Southern Pines. To bad the ECTA does not run at Maxton anymore, about 50 miles from you.
You will find a tremendous wealth of knowledge here and answers to questions you have not even asked!   :?  :-D  :cheers:

I am SLOWLY working on a 1983 Dodge Rampage for the BMMP class and will have it ready for one of the ECTA's Wilmington, OH meets next year!

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with.

Gregg Adams
PS
Like others asked.....any pictures?

Thanks for the Howdy Gregg, I made it to Maxton the last year they ran & even got to sit in on the Driver's meeting. I was there early & figured why not hear what it was all about. Love the Rampage, you buildin' a 2.2? Best of luck in O-H-10,... Thanks for the welcome.

Pictures wise: I can't get any to load from my desk top. :?,... what's the easy way to get some up?

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #2848 on: December 01, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »
Welcome Sean, Frank here from down by the coast, Swansboro, Friendly City by The Sea..about 2 hours from you. GET A RULE BOOK. no really get one. Or in my case 3. one for all of the impoirtant rooms.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline FABRK8R

• New folks
« Reply #2849 on: December 01, 2013, 06:24:24 PM »
Sean, STOP... before you do anything, do you have a rule book?  The rules for lakesters are easy, it is all the other stuff... safety... that is hard and you will only want to do it once.  

Most here will suggest you attend a meet first to see what you are about to get yourself into... taking ideas from other vehicles is a lot easier than reinventing the wheel... most will tell you what they would have done different after the fact... what they would change in their designs.  Those are the guys to listen to before you start building.

The book I have I bought in '06,.. I had planned on runnin' a Harley back then & life kinda took over. I went to the site last month for a new book but I remembered that usually they won't be out 'til March, correct? Wish I had a 2013copy. Hafta order a new one I guess after New Years.

When I went to the Maxton meet there were no tankers there,... I've reached out to the Old Crow guys & another fella from Texas that built a 302 Jimmy Lakester last year but haven't had much luck. Found this forum & hope to get some good info, though I wish it was in person & over some good BBQ.  :-D

I appreciate the sound advice Sir, I definately have a lot of questions. Have collected a few articles on similar cars. Been working the general formulas on the Web & reading different threads on similar builds as I gather some measurements to plug into a 3D model on SolidWorks,... that will probably save me a bit of grindin' too.:-D

Hey Frank by the Sea! 8-)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 06:35:16 PM by FABRK8R »