Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267233 times)

Offline desotoman

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2670 on: April 28, 2013, 01:41:49 PM »

I attend 4-5 events each year and need lots of flushing.

DW

So does your truck.

Stan,

Now you did it, I have to clean my keyboard from the coffee I just spit on it.

Tom G.

(that was funny)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:45:50 PM by desotoman »
I love the USA. How much longer will we be a free nation?

Asking questions is one's only way of getting answers.

The rational person lets verified facts form or modify his opinion.  The ideologue ignores verified facts which don't fit his preconceived opinions.

Offline gmcsixer

• New folks
« Reply #2671 on: April 29, 2013, 03:04:21 AM »
hey everyone, my name is Shane and i joined the land racing forum so i could gather all the information i could about racing. a little about me, i used to live in Burbank California and moved to Lake Havasu City, Arizona where i'm attending college. One of my goals in life is to race a GMC powered roadster at ELMO and the salt flats. I have the engine and the ambition, and i suppose the rest takes time. Im here to learn, so i'm all ears.

Offline DND

« Reply #2672 on: April 29, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Hi Shane

Welcome to LSR , first thing is do some soul searching to really make sure you can build a car all the way through.
There is a endless number of racing machines that were started but never got done & run, as it takes quite a commitment to do this - money to do the car right - space to build - tools - talent - time !! and a lot of heart for when things are not going too well and you wan't to through in the towel.
The great thing about this forum is you can get a ton of support and knowledge here to help you get it built
What class do you plan on running in with your GMC powered ride

Enjoy the ride, Don
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 10:26:13 AM by DND »

Offline gmcsixer

• New folks
« Reply #2673 on: April 29, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »
Thanks for the welcoming Don. I want to run a vintage street roadster class with my GMC 270. I have a question for you though. If you were in my shoes, what would be a good class for me to run to get my feet wet?
Shane

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2674 on: April 29, 2013, 04:10:56 PM »
XO/STR -- no need to build two cars.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline DND

« Reply #2675 on: April 29, 2013, 05:18:42 PM »
Hi Shane

Boy that is all up to you, you might feel uneasy with your head out in the air at 100mph plus and would want a closed car'

Also depends on your building skills for making parts from scratch, the roadster class's are full of cars and i have always liked the Tanks

A GMC tank would be pretty neat too and you could build it so you are inside, it is all a personal choice

That is what is so neat about racing on the salt and the dirt , as there is just about a class for what you like for a racing machine

Some people really like the build process and some just buy a ride, that is up to you my boy

Have fun along the way, and enjoy each day as that is what it is all about

Don
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 05:23:33 PM by DND »

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2676 on: April 29, 2013, 11:38:04 PM »
Shane, best info gathering dates will coincide with the meets at El Mirage and Bonneville.  Before you pick a class, attend the races, talk to folks and get a rule book.  You will find the folks at the races are a lot of the same folks from this forum. 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

mohr hp

« Reply #2677 on: April 30, 2013, 04:01:22 PM »
Hello to all. I'm Steve Mohr, from Georgia with entry 1953, an A/CBFALT Studebaker. I ran at Maxton and just this past weekend at Wilmington Ohio. Have 2 club hats from each.

Offline ABIDE

• New folks
« Reply #2678 on: May 02, 2013, 09:25:39 AM »
hey,  I'm Keith Platt from GA.  I have a 53 stude build in process.  it's your standard gutted rust bucket on a semi modern nascar chassis.  I have been working on this project for a few months.  I went to Wilmington last weekend for the first time.  it was incredibly cool.  Steve's run was very impressive.

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #2679 on: May 03, 2013, 11:42:06 PM »
Welcome aboard Abide!
Will you be starting a build thread on your car? We would love to see it.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline ABIDE

• New folks
« Reply #2680 on: May 08, 2013, 04:38:38 PM »
probably.  I have some pictures at http://studepidity.blogspot.com/.  I need to get some more recent pictures.  thanks for the interest.

-keith

Offline kwmowery

• New folks
« Reply #2681 on: May 11, 2013, 10:55:18 PM »
Hey all!
I joined this site to get more information and help with a project that was created last year. 
A V-ROD Night Rod with a hayabusa front end with a street tire in the back.
We ran this last year for the 1st time at bonneville.  We had our gearing all wrong.  I think our top speed was about 126mph.  (every one starts some where right?)

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2682 on: May 12, 2013, 12:57:52 AM »
That is a good first attempt.  There are a lot of people here who can help.

Offline salt varmint

• New folks
« Reply #2683 on: May 13, 2013, 07:00:49 PM »
hello everyone !!  my name is billy..been reading & thinkin on the forum,,now ready to start my adventure in the build of a belly tanker to start in willmington ohio then on to the great white dyno as they say !!  :-D

Offline DND

« Reply #2684 on: May 13, 2013, 09:55:58 PM »
Hi Billy

Welcome to the salt bunch, what class do you plan to run with what kind of engine?

I have been a tank fan since the late 50's at the dry lakes, and got to see Markley run 289 in 63 at the salt flats with that small ci hemi ' Priceless '

I hope you do a build log on your racer

Don
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 11:35:53 PM by DND »