Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267278 times)

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2640 on: March 29, 2013, 04:21:13 PM »
Always happy to see more Texans here. Welcome
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline skywalker18

• New folks
« Reply #2641 on: March 29, 2013, 05:38:17 PM »
Alvord!!!!!  Might as well be Canada, you are so far north!!!  :-P 

I need to update my profile with Roanoke, once we get into the house.......we are going to be neighbors Crackerman!!!

Offline Crackerman

« Reply #2642 on: March 29, 2013, 09:44:29 PM »
Whatever you say skywalker. You are only 40 minutes away. I think that is about the closest we have ever lived to each other in dfw.

Offline UrsulaJordan

• New folks
« Reply #2643 on: April 02, 2013, 05:50:21 AM »
Hello :)  I am Ursula Jordan,
From England.

Hoping to follow in my fathers footsteps and come over to America in a couple of years time to have a go at a record myself, but with 4 wheels... Not 2 :D

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #2644 on: April 02, 2013, 06:26:48 AM »
From England.

Hoping to follow in my fathers footsteps and come over to America in a couple of years time to have a go at a record myself, but with 4 wheels... Not 2 :D

Thats cool. Long trip for you guys but i am guessing Bonneville (i am guessing that is the destination) is worth it. Do you have your "4 wheels" setup yet? I wish my father enjoyed racing! I am hoping to go to Bonneville in 2015 myself but on two wheels.

check out NoRegretPerformance on FB.
200mph on a 100% stock 750 motor, pump e85 in the standing mile.

Offline UrsulaJordan

• New folks
« Reply #2645 on: April 02, 2013, 10:07:07 AM »
From England.

Thats cool. Long trip for you guys but i am guessing Bonneville (i am guessing that is the destination) is worth it. Do you have your "4 wheels" setup yet? I wish my father enjoyed racing! I am hoping to go to Bonneville in 2015 myself but on two wheels.

Its a very long trip, will be Bonneville. We all came over in 2007  and my dad got the 250 production bike Land speed record and is hoping to go out again. So i thought i would join him. I do not yet have my car, in the process of reading all the regulations and looking at the moment. It wont be for a couple years till we do come as it does cost a lot of  money to get bikes over, let alone a car to. Problem is my dad knows a lot more about bikes than cars. So there is large amount of reading to do, to find the right class etc.. Oh wicked,Good luck. Such an Amazing event and place :)

Offline mike bourg

• New folks
« Reply #2646 on: April 10, 2013, 02:19:08 PM »
HI all  Mike Bourg here, My interest was peaked for the Bonneville scene by the fastest Indian movie a couple years ago, now I am going to have to go and see it for myself, and of course take a couple thousand pictures in the process. other than that just running around with my 58 chevy pickup and enjoying life.
Just became interested in the land racing at Bonneville and will be there this year taking pictures, one of my many pastimes.

Offline saltwheels262

• LTA 7/2013
« Reply #2647 on: April 10, 2013, 07:20:02 PM »
welcome.
you will enjoy.
bub '07 - 140.293 a/pg   120" crate street mill  
bub '10 - 158.100  sweetooth gear
lta  7/11 -163.389  7/17/11; 3 run avg.-162.450
ohio -    - 185.076 w/#684      
lta 8/14  - 169.xxx. w/sw2           
'16 -- 0 runs ; 0 events

" it's not as easy as it looks. "
                            - franey  8/2007

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2648 on: April 10, 2013, 07:54:34 PM »
Welcome Mike, you have a few other LSR people in your state. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2649 on: April 11, 2013, 01:12:36 AM »
Mike, toss a cheap scooter or bike in the back of the truck for riding out onto the salt.  Or drive something late model like an acura on the lake bed.  Do not go out on the salt in the 58.  It might get rusty.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2650 on: April 11, 2013, 10:24:58 AM »
Mike, toss a cheap scooter or bike in the back of the truck for riding out onto the salt.  Or drive something late model like an acura on the lake bed.  Do not go out on the salt in the 58.  It might get rusty.

MIGHT... Wobbly, might is a little weak.... it will start rusting when you take exit 4... but lots of folks take some really nice old stuff on the salt and as long as they realize the size of the cleanup job afterwards they survive.  Salt will find lots of hiding places... we clean and clean, but still occasionally find a little chunk of salt that drops off between Dec and Mar.

Welcome Mike, stop and see us on the salt.  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 93SVT5.0TT

• New folks
« Reply #2651 on: April 13, 2013, 02:39:08 PM »
Hey fellas,

I'm Tristan from Canada.  8-) I'm a Mechanical Engineer earning a living working for a methanol plant here in Medicine Hat, Alberta. I'm in the process of building up my 93 Ranger for a trip to Speed Week 2014 in the BMMP/C class. I'm green to the salt (as any 26 year old would be!), but it will be an awesome experience meeting and learning from some of you guys! As for racing, I raced my ranger at the drag strip here in town for 4 years before I went back to school and I was the project manager for Lakehead Formula SAE in 2011.

The ranger is a 5.0L Ford that I am in the process of putting a couple turbos on. The build-up will be decently substantial through the coming months, as I am rebuilding the engine, reconfiguring the wiring, switching to a new standalone system, building the roll cage, putting the turbo system together (including new intake and exhaust piping), as well as adding in all the safety equipment that SCTA requires. I'll start a build up thread in the near future.

Cheers!  :cheers:

Tristan

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2652 on: April 13, 2013, 03:41:18 PM »
Welcome to the Landracing Forum ... Please post your build as you progress.

Joe

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2653 on: April 13, 2013, 11:37:59 PM »
Tristan, welcome to the addiction... there are a couple of guys with build threads going for mini trucks, read them as well as many of the others.  Lots of good ideas that will help you get your build going.  Have you been to the salt?  It is always best to attend a meet before being a participant.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Dr Strange

• New folks
  • Plan ahead, push the limit, give credit where due!
« Reply #2654 on: April 14, 2013, 06:25:03 PM »
HELLO OUT THERE!! Longtime reader first time poster. Just sayin' hi. Takin' a break from the car and thought I'd give a shout out. Been at the salt for a few years, some better then others. Got a little sportscar that we run, it's pretty quick. We'll see if this year we can make it fast.lol Thanks for your time, and remembre...... always carry limes and Tequila.... Bonneville will supply the salt.