Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267298 times)

Offline gsx-rboy750

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2610 on: March 15, 2013, 12:35:20 PM »
My name is J.P.
I belong to the ECTA and started racing in 2012 but have been building the bike since 2010-2011ish. With the help of some of this boards members and lots of others I was able to reach my speed goal in 2012. I am coming back for the 2013 season to try to go 220mph.
I do all my own fabrication, welding, ecu work and wiring and will be tuning it again this year for  race ethanol (2012 I used pump E-85). I hope to get  out to salt in 2015 when I have my bike where I want it and money. I live in Milwaukee Wi.
check out NoRegretPerformance on FB.
200mph on a 100% stock 750 motor, pump e85 in the standing mile.

Offline Freud

« Reply #2611 on: March 15, 2013, 02:28:26 PM »
Good job on a self build.

FREUD
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:31:35 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2612 on: March 15, 2013, 05:55:54 PM »
J-P ... Welcome ...
Will see you on the pavement in Ohio ...

Joe

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2613 on: March 15, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »
Gixxer boy -- I know where Sugar Camp is!  I've got a cousin and her husband that live there.  Betcha I'm one of the few racers on this Forum that have been through your town.

Welcome, too, to the landracing.com Forum.  You've been in the LSR addiction long enough now - to know that it's a great way to spend money and to live.  Best wishes for you - be safe, go fast, and have fun.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #2614 on: March 15, 2013, 08:27:11 PM »
Gixxer boy -- I know where Sugar Camp is!  I've got a cousin and her husband that live there.  Betcha I'm one of the few racers on this Forum that have been through your town.

Welcome, too, to the landracing.com Forum.  You've been in the LSR addiction long enough now - to know that it's a great way to spend money and to live.  Best wishes for you - be safe, go fast, and have fun.

I actually put sugar camp in too because i saw u were  from the upper. I grew up in both mil and the sugar.
I drive thru Su Saint Maire when I go visit family. I plan on going to Pictured Rock this summer.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2615 on: March 15, 2013, 09:14:13 PM »
Pictured Rocks is some 40 miles or so from us.  Look up Skandia on the map (it's southeast of Marquette by about 20 miles) and you'll be close.  We'd invite you to stop by to shoot the breeze -- but I think we've got plans for that day. :evil: :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #2616 on: March 15, 2013, 09:22:34 PM »
Pictured Rocks is some 40 miles or so from us.  Look up Skandia on the map (it's southeast of Marquette by about 20 miles) and you'll be close.  We'd invite you to stop by to shoot the breeze -- but I think we've got plans for that day. :evil: :evil:
I want to move to the upper eventually. I spent much of my life on Columbis Lake in Sugar Camp. I have not told you what day I am going how do you know you are busy? I saw Skandia Mi right away and looked it up. I remember hearing the name. There are some nice straight roads up there but got to watch out for deer. :cheers:
Whos your cousin I know alot of people around there.

Offline grumm441

• HK 327
« Reply #2617 on: March 16, 2013, 09:53:56 AM »
Hey Slim
Happy Birthday
G
Chief Motorcycle Steward Dry Lakes Racers Australia Inc
Spirit of Sunshine Bellytank Lakester
https://www.dlra.org.au/rulebook.htm

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2618 on: March 16, 2013, 10:28:09 AM »
Laura and her husband John Paszak  (a/k/a Pazzer).

As for knowing when we need to be gone -- that was a bit of wry humor.  I guess it was too wry.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline gsx-rboy750

« Reply #2619 on: March 17, 2013, 02:08:14 PM »
Laura and her husband John Paszak  (a/k/a Pazzer).

As for knowing when we need to be gone -- that was a bit of wry humor.  I guess it was too wry.
Oh. Cant think of them.
I got it. I had a hermit crab once. :-P
No cheers if you ever want visitor besides ETs i could probably learn alot.

Offline leeroy

• New folks
« Reply #2620 on: March 17, 2013, 06:51:47 PM »

Hello,

My name is Lee Tillman and I'm a Land Racer.

My first trip to the salt was for SpeedWeek in 2005, and I've been hooked ever since.  Just like in the movie The Worlds Fastest Indian - when Burt finally makes it to Bonneville it's an emotional moment.  It was huge for me, finally I was on the same hallowed ground as people I'd only ever read about.  All I could think about was getting back, but life has a way of prioritizing wants and needs.  Careers, cross country moves, and economic downturns kept me from returning until 2010.

My wife and I were packing up our sunshade to head out for the day on Tuesday of the 2010 meet, where we met another spectator from Texas- Mr. Bruce Brady.  We became fast friends, as it was Bruce's dream to build and drive a Street Roadster, and he was only about a year away from finishing his car. 

In 2011 Bruce's 389 "Texoma Flier" C/STR was done and I was invited to return to help on the rookie crew.  We had a blast, the car ran and handled well, Bruce earned his "C" license and we left Speedweek with a lot of new friends. 

At SpeedWeek 2012 we returned with more experience and looking to "earn our wings" hopefully getting the car over 175.  Through Bruce's kindness and trust, I was also able to do some driving.  Going through the rookie process, I was able to secure a "C" license but both of our "B" runs topped out at 173 which was improved over the past year but short of our goal. 

Can't wait for 2013! 

I've been meaning to do an intro for a long time, thanks to all the moderators and folks who make this site possible. 

Lee

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2621 on: March 17, 2013, 07:11:36 PM »
Howdy yourself, Lee, and welcome to the Forum on landracing.com.  I guess that in one way I'm the guy that's sort of responsible for the site, although I bought it from the guy that founded it back then.  I'm now the head handlebar holder - if you must have a title for me.

But in reality, the folks that make this site possible are the folks like you - racers, racer-wannabees (which I mean only in a good manner), builders, spectators, and officials, and everyone else that contributes.  It's just what it says it is - a Forum.  Everyone gets to contribute (well, I can and have banned one or three for being dorks, and they well deserved being banned).

But the Forum is, as you've already learned, a great interchange of ideas, wit, and personality.  Share your stuff and you'll be just another one of us.

Jon a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2622 on: March 17, 2013, 08:07:09 PM »
slim --- How about racers, racer-"yet to be", builders, spectators, and officials

Offline buickracer69

• New folks
« Reply #2623 on: March 17, 2013, 08:17:55 PM »
Hello,

My name is Gary, I am into cars and all things automotive related. As of now I have a drag car but plan on starting on a salt flat car soon. Some of my buddies are big into and have been telling me stories and have gotten me pretty fired up. I love to work on all things mechanical. I have worked on several cars and trucks that have been to the slat flats and I am looking forward to doing one for myself.

I am also selling AN fittings, although I do not make much money doing it. It gets good parts into racers hands at an affordable price.

You guys all seem really cool and I look forward to learning information before I start my build process.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2624 on: March 17, 2013, 08:31:56 PM »
Gary - Welcome ... When you start building post the photos ...

Joe