Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2273220 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2580 on: February 13, 2013, 05:46:38 PM »
Baz --

PM sent.

Stan
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Tman

« Reply #2581 on: February 19, 2013, 02:49:36 PM »
Hello:) Kjell from Norway here.

Landspeed racing has allways fascinated me. First I plan to get to the salt this year and then maybe start i build:)
currently I'm doing vintage dragracing with my blown, alky flathead FED. I have also a Moell A Tudor Hot Rod, and a couple of 49 Ford Cupe's.
The 2-port Hilborn I use, has som LSR History, came from Larsen & Cummings T-27 roadster:)

Velkommen Kjell! You can come hang out with Tim and I on the salt this year!

Offline Dodge Brother

• TS Coachworks
« Reply #2582 on: February 23, 2013, 11:42:14 AM »
Well I made it!!? Right Jon?!! I had a little blip trying to fill out my profile page and ended up getting banned for being a spammer :-o Too funny,my names Trevor and I'm definitely not a spammer, if you want to accuse me of something I will probably be more of a lurker as I'm as green as it gets to this LSR stuff but very interested.
I'm a Hot Rodder/old car fanatic at heart and am nearing completion of a 41 Chevy truck(full fendered, chopped, channelled etc). And will be looking for my next project and I think a Land speed racer would fill the empty bay in the shop nicely. I still have yet to figure out car/class etc. I'm sure the info on here will help with the choice and the build
Cheers, Trevor   

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #2583 on: February 23, 2013, 12:24:56 PM »
Well I made it!!? Right Jon?!! I had a little blip trying to fill out my profile page and ended up getting banned for being a spammer :-o Too funny,my names Trevor and I'm definitely not a spammer, if you want to accuse me of something I will probably be more of a lurker as I'm as green as it gets to this LSR stuff but very interested.
I'm a Hot Rodder/old car fanatic at heart and am nearing completion of a 41 Chevy truck(full fendered, chopped, channelled etc). And will be looking for my next project and I think a Land speed racer would fill the empty bay in the shop nicely. I still have yet to figure out car/class etc. I'm sure the info on here will help with the choice and the build
Cheers, Trevor   

It's likely to fill that bay for quite a while!

Welcome aboard.
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #2584 on: February 23, 2013, 03:08:32 PM »
Hello:) Kjell from Norway here.

Landspeed racing has allways fascinated me. First I plan to get to the salt this year and then maybe start i build:)
currently I'm doing vintage dragracing with my blown, alky flathead FED. I have also a Moell A Tudor Hot Rod, and a couple of 49 Ford Cupe's.
The 2-port Hilborn I use, has som LSR History, came from Larsen & Cummings T-27 roadster:)

Hi Kjell!  Looking forward to seeing you and Roger on the salt! We can continue chat when you get here, about dropping your  flathead in my car!

See you on the salt!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline r1kurt

• New folks
« Reply #2585 on: February 23, 2013, 10:12:25 PM »
Hello all my name is Kurt, I enjoy most all speed related things. I dragrace regularly with my motorcycles, and hope to run at the Ohio Mile this year. Looking forward to being amongst some of the fastest vehicles on the planet, and of course their owners and drivers. Hoping I can find the time to make it, and prep bike properly to avoid any tech inspection problems. I do have a few questions, but will post in the proper places.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2586 on: February 24, 2013, 10:21:07 AM »
Kurt, by now you've probably seen that I sent a response to your PM about stuff that must be done for inspection.  But -- remember, don't take my word as gospel.  Ask here when you come up with a question.  Just 'cause you're a new guy won't get you ridiculed or sent home - we've all been new at least once, and also - hearing the rules from multiple voices (fingers on the keyboard?) will help you better understand what needs to be done.

Welcome to landracing.com and the Forum.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 05:02:41 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline r1kurt

• New folks
« Reply #2587 on: February 24, 2013, 03:44:23 PM »
Thanks Jon, I appreciate you taking the time to help. I'm happy to see that help is always there when needed, just like at the dragstrip someone is always willing to give a helping hand. (I always do)   :cheers:

Offline redskin

• New folks
  • Lurking since 2010
« Reply #2588 on: February 27, 2013, 07:17:58 PM »
Hi there, My name's Kevin and I've been lurking around this site for quite a while. I'm located in Melbourne, Australia but I work in Western Australia's Iron Ore mines (2.049 miles away according to my frequent flyer account!)
I'm a mechanic by trade, currently working for Cummins Diesel and I've been around car, trucks etc since I was a kid. My Dad had a bush workshop- one man show, fixing whatever came in, so I learned a lot there before I even started my apprenticeship.

My motorsport background is a bit more limited, I've been involved with rallying and motorkhana/khanacross since 2007 but I've always wanted to go to the DLRA meet at Lake Gairdner or ideally over to Bonneville. I think that's still a long way off but a boy has to dream doesn't he?  :-P

One thing that I have found with motorsport is that there's no such thing as cheap. You either spend now or spend later, one way or another you're going to spend the money!  :roll: Having said that, doing more and more of the work myself should enable more of the cash to be spent later rather than sooner...

Anyway, that's me. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you guys along the way and learning as much as possible.
 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Cheers, Kev
Fly in, Fly out, Fix race car, Fly back in.
2 weeks Diesel mechanic, 1 week Suzuki mechanic

Offline dw230

« Reply #2589 on: February 27, 2013, 07:21:28 PM »
Looks like you missed the DRLA meet by a week. Good luck next year.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline redskin

• New folks
  • Lurking since 2010
« Reply #2590 on: February 27, 2013, 07:31:23 PM »
Yeah pretty much, I was away working while it was on. Not sure whether I'll make next year either due to my wedding being 2 weeks after, but we'll see. I'd love to get the little swift GTi out there and see what it'll do, but at the same time the idea of building something completely from scratch seems amazing.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2591 on: February 27, 2013, 09:51:37 PM »
Red, you are gonna need to put your priorities in order.... first there is nothing for the groom to do at a wedding but show up and wait for the bride to walk up.  So she won't miss you for a week 2 weeks out.  Or you can be sure if she is the right one... tell her the honeymoon will have to wait to August, then bring her to Bonneville.  You should always attend an event before you start to build.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline redskin

• New folks
  • Lurking since 2010
« Reply #2592 on: February 27, 2013, 10:21:30 PM »
Red, you are gonna need to put your priorities in order.... first there is nothing for the groom to do at a wedding but show up and wait for the bride to walk up.  So she won't miss you for a week 2 weeks out.  Or you can be sure if she is the right one... tell her the honeymoon will have to wait to August, then bring her to Bonneville.  You should always attend an event before you start to build.
:-D :-D Yeah I'm figuring that one out as we go- Yes honey , that looks good etc etc, I could potentially hide it as work  :wink:
The August honeymoon might be doable, we were planning to come to Hawaii in March anyway, maybe push it back a few months, a week there and then a week on the lake might be just the thing. She navigates in the rally car with me and loves racing, so it's not as much of a stretch as it could be.
Just gotta find the right moment to ask...  :roll: :roll:

And yeah, actually seeing what it's all about before building a car would be the way to go, it'd be good to give our current one a run to see what it'd do, just starting to look through the rules to see where it fits in.
Here's a pic, I know it drives the wrong wheels and all but it is fun on dirt:

and with the daily driver:

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2593 on: February 28, 2013, 08:11:18 AM »
Yeah pretty much, I was away working while it was on. Not sure whether I'll make next year either due to my wedding being 2 weeks after, but we'll see. I'd love to get the little swift GTi out there and see what it'll do, but at the same time the idea of building something completely from scratch seems amazing.

Red, Stainless is right about priorities!

My honeymoon was the motorcycle 1/2 mile flat track races in Columbus, OH and Nancy's still my main pit crew member!  :cheers:
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2594 on: February 28, 2013, 10:40:02 AM »
Just remember the two most important words in a married mans vocabulary are YES DEAR!! 8-)
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing