Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267207 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2565 on: January 29, 2013, 04:21:23 PM »
Cam, go to your profile and give us a little more info. where do you live city and state, address is not needed. What type of streamliner are you planning, what is your racing back ground. Lots of help here but we need your help also.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline camman

• New folks
« Reply #2566 on: January 29, 2013, 07:45:53 PM »
I'm in northern Utah. We are still in the planning stages. Not quite sure about everything yet, but we are leaning toward a front wheel drive rotory. I don't have much racing experience other than an autocross, and a few times at the drags with my rx7. I am a Auto-mechanic by trade.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2567 on: January 29, 2013, 07:49:40 PM »
We all started land speed racing with little experience.  Welcome.

Joe

Offline sidewinder

• New folks
« Reply #2568 on: February 04, 2013, 05:42:18 PM »
Hello:) Kjell from Norway here.

Landspeed racing has allways fascinated me. First I plan to get to the salt this year and then maybe start i build:)
currently I'm doing vintage dragracing with my blown, alky flathead FED. I have also a Moell A Tudor Hot Rod, and a couple of 49 Ford Cupe's.
The 2-port Hilborn I use, has som LSR History, came from Larsen & Cummings T-27 roadster:)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2569 on: February 04, 2013, 07:12:15 PM »
Welcome, Kjell.  First of all -- let me explain to the non-Nordic folks here that your name is pronounced "Shell" -- no tongue-twisting "kuh-jell", please.

That said, welcome to the Forum.  We've got a few Swedes and a Dane or two -- but I don't remember any other Norwegians, so you're elected to represent all of your lands-men.  And we'll be happy to have you visit us at the salt this year, of course.  let us know what you're doing and planning.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline noboD

« Reply #2570 on: February 07, 2013, 05:10:58 PM »
First post here. Last August was my first trip to Bonnevile. Have wanted to go since I'm about 12 when Hot Rod used to cover it. It was everything I knew it would be, had the time of my life. Hope to learn a lot here.

Offline IvanP

• New folks
« Reply #2571 on: February 08, 2013, 04:08:42 AM »
First post here. Last August was my first trip to Bonnevile. Have wanted to go since I'm about 12 when Hot Rod used to cover it. It was everything I knew it would be, had the time of my life. Hope to learn a lot here.

Welcome aboard buddy.

You should know who i am if you recognize my avitar.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2572 on: February 08, 2013, 07:03:56 PM »
Welcome

Joe

Offline Jase338

• New folks
« Reply #2573 on: February 09, 2013, 03:10:31 PM »
Hi all,  my Jase Strickland, I'm currently in college for bs degree in diesel technology and a welding certificate. I grew up in the trucking industry and on the 1/4mile drag strip. In the last couple years land speed racing has been really getting my attention.  8-) Currently up here at college in Montana, a group of students got together and formed a diesel racing club on campus. We all decided that land speed was the direction that we wanted to go, we're think about running a 1976 f250 ford ex-cab 2wd pickup and swapping out the 460 for a 12valve Cummins.  :-D My main job is to make sure any metal fabrication is up spec and tech on this outfit we planning on building. Anyhow,  enough about me, hope y'all have great and god bless.

jase

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2574 on: February 09, 2013, 03:35:08 PM »
Jase, everybody needs to get a rulebook and read it multiple times prior to starting the project, building within the rules is the path for the group.  Good luck with the project
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline noboD

« Reply #2575 on: February 09, 2013, 08:55:06 PM »

Welcome aboard buddy.

You should know who i am if you recognize my avitar.

If there's a number 91 on the cowl I recognise you? Thanks.

Offline Jase338

• New folks
« Reply #2576 on: February 10, 2013, 12:38:16 AM »
Jase, everybody needs to get a rulebook and read it multiple times prior to starting the project, building within the rules is the path for the group.  Good luck with the project
Thank you Sir, I've have a 2012 rulebook sitting next me and current reading through the 2013 rules. :cheers:

Offline VHRA

• New folks
    • Vintage Hot Rod Association
« Reply #2577 on: February 11, 2013, 06:26:38 PM »
Hello all, my names Neil and I run the Vintage Hot Rod Association.

I found the forum after finding links back to it on the VHRA stats page, so I thought it would be rude not to introduce ourselves. I don't suppose any of our cars will get near a land speed record but we're planning to have fun on Pendine Sands later this year.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2578 on: February 11, 2013, 06:31:25 PM »
Howdy, Neil, and welcome.  Thanks for joining this group.  Would you please be so kind as to go back to your "Profile" on the registration page and insert your location?  Country is good enough -- city is fine  Thanks - and again, welcome
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline VHRA

• New folks
    • Vintage Hot Rod Association
« Reply #2579 on: February 11, 2013, 06:48:30 PM »
Done!