Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267153 times)

Offline TheBaron

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2550 on: January 16, 2013, 11:08:49 AM »

Offline DND

« Reply #2551 on: January 16, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
As i recall it was an inline set up with the crank running front to back

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2552 on: January 17, 2013, 12:33:16 AM »
Welcome, Baron!

I just recently read an excellent and thorough description of the Guzzi V8 (by Kevin Cameron?). It had a least a half dozen examples of mechanical engineering "cleverness" that impressed me. One example was their solution to the usual lack of reliability of built-up cranks (caged roller bearing lower ends require built-up cranks). Instead of simply bolting the flywheels to the rod journals, they machined bolts that threaded into both the flywheel and the journal; but the pitches of the two threads differed by just a small amount, so that bolt rotation created a tremendous clamping force between the two parts!
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline Levi L

• New folks
« Reply #2553 on: January 17, 2013, 02:00:15 PM »
Just checking in, names levi. Live in alaska. Want to eventually build a XXO/BF Lakester and give her a go.
-Levi

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #2554 on: January 18, 2013, 01:15:36 PM »
Just checking in, names levi. Live in alaska. Want to eventually build a XXO/BF Lakester and give her a go.

Hey, Levi...welcome! Keep us posted on your build...
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline DND

« Reply #2555 on: January 18, 2013, 10:11:17 PM »
Hi Levi

Welcome, are you going to build a tank and what like of engine will you use?

Don

Offline J and V

• New folks
  • ...and they called me 'The Hammer Mechanic'
« Reply #2556 on: January 20, 2013, 01:39:16 PM »
Hello,
 We are J and V...Jay and Vicki. Having retired a few years ago we find ourselves with time to enjoy new adventures. 'Motorhead' kinda things have always been of interest. Early years with drag racing then owned/operated my offroad shop for years. Competing in the Mint 400 several years back in the '70s-80's was the greatest!
 After joining Facebook I became reacquainted with Danny Thompson and his new efforts. We did course work volunteering for his father in stadium racing. Now as we travel in our RV we volunteer (did so at last years Mint400 for Casey Folks) and spectate. An obvious missing link has appeared...never been to the 'Salt'. So here we are! :-) Joined today and are in the planning stages for the upcoming season.
  What sessions do you attend? We're not so interested in the bikes. How long before 'race days' start do you arrive?
Looking forward to viewing one of the greatest events the is. Thanks in advance for any comments.  :-) J and V
Jay & Vicki with Edina the wonder dobie. Mostly RVing with our Volvo VNL630, Focus SVT in the garage on the back pulling our 39' Teton. Looking for fun things to do.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2557 on: January 20, 2013, 04:02:23 PM »
J & V, how 'bout that?  I'm Jon, a/k/a Seldom Slim, the head handlebar holder of this site.  I get notifications of newly-joined members of the Forum - and sometimes despair of the new folks' habit of NOT filling in their home location.  There's a spot for it -- in the Profile part of the registration page.  So now and then I'll enter something for you (the new folk) -- and whaddaya know, I guess I got it right this time.  That is -- if you are travelers without a specific home location -- well, "Where am I?" might have hit it right on the head.

That said, welcome to the Forum.  I'll let the others give their ideas of how and when and why and such, but wanted to let you know that I'm glad to have you here.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline J and V

• New folks
  • ...and they called me 'The Hammer Mechanic'
« Reply #2558 on: January 20, 2013, 07:29:09 PM »
Thank you for the welcome....you're right, I missed filling it in! :-o In the RVing world 'home' often is often wherever one is. Some, as we do have a 'sticks and bricks' location. We have one. Located in the little community of Mazama, Wa. This year as a result of family events we are there..freezing our touches off! 2013-2014 will put us back down south somewhere for the winter. :-D
Jay & Vicki with Edina the wonder dobie. Mostly RVing with our Volvo VNL630, Focus SVT in the garage on the back pulling our 39' Teton. Looking for fun things to do.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2559 on: January 20, 2013, 09:08:39 PM »
J n V welcome, here are the race dates
Speedweek- August 9-15
 World of Speed  Sept 7-10
Cooks Shootout  Sept 12-16
World Finals-September 30-October 3
So just arrive at the bend in the road about Aug 7th, come out and watch inspection, roam the pits and talk to folks.  Pull up stakes about Oct 4th and you won't miss anything.  There is an all motorcycle meet between Speedweek and WoS at the end of Aug.
Be careful, if you get too friendly folks will put you to work in thier pit
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline paso54

« Reply #2560 on: January 21, 2013, 04:42:52 PM »
Hello everybody im Phil steele from the UK my wife Jules and i are hoping to make it too the salt for speedweek 2014. Hopefully with the returning english team from 2012. I will have been Drag racing and Sprinting motorcycles for 40 years then and its my 60th birth year 8-) we will be bringing over the "Parny Express" our ZX12R Kawi which has been used for LSR racing here and 1/4 mile evnts since 2000..firstly in the Hands Of my good friend Keith Parnell the first euro rider to run 8 second 1/4s in 1975 on Rouge et Noir his old triumph blown bike.Keith ran 208 mph with the PE back in 2003. The bike has run at Brighton speed trials for several years and competes in 9.50 Dragracing as well as sprints and LSR events. I am currently the chairman of the National sprint association southern branch the club that keeps motorcycle sprinting alive in the uk. One of the guys who has encouraged me is my friend and co club member Gabriel Uttley who you may know  :-) Well heres looking forward to the 40 year dream Thanks for letting me in here Phil
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 04:46:18 PM by paso54 »

Offline oz

• Geordie Power.
« Reply #2561 on: January 26, 2013, 08:28:22 AM »
Welcome to the addiction!!
Newcastle born and bred a City built on Coal and Steel and a people built of stronger stuff

Offline paso54

« Reply #2562 on: January 26, 2013, 02:32:54 PM »
Thank you Oz  :-)

Offline camman

• New folks
« Reply #2563 on: January 29, 2013, 03:50:41 PM »
Hi, I'm Cam. My neighbor and I plan on building a streamliner. Thanks in advance for any and all help you guys will provide us.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2564 on: January 29, 2013, 03:53:45 PM »
Welcome to the LSR Forum, Cam. Where are you located?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ