Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267169 times)

Offline ragsflh

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2535 on: January 09, 2013, 08:35:38 PM »
welcome aboard

Offline Wrenchbender

• New folks
« Reply #2536 on: January 11, 2013, 10:10:50 PM »
Hello All

My name is Jackson and I am the person responsible for the construction of Buddy walkers Flatcad race car. Though the flatcad crew is comprised of many talented crewmembers I was fortunate to get the opportunity of a lifetime to get to be a significant part of the construction of a record setting race car. I have always been more of a drag racer than land speed racer however after experiencing the entire bonneville experience I have been sucked into the addiction of this land speed racing. I am hooked now and will continue to support the sport to the best of my ability. Enough about me  I can't wait till August to be on the salt and please stop by the Flatcad pit area and say hi as we can never have enough friends or help for that matter
Chrome don't get ya home

Offline Candy-Man

• New folks
« Reply #2537 on: January 12, 2013, 06:29:43 AM »
Well I have been lurking around on this site as I have found it very useful in my build of my XO/GL Belly Tanker which I ran last August at Bonneville and looking forward to this year !    The Jimmy (GMC 302) has been upgraded to an electric in-line water pump, head studs (yes I should have know better) and mechancial fuel injection now in the works.  Last year I ran a "Howard" log intake with three 350 cfm Holleys.....

So my quest and addiction has begun with LSR.... I am attempting to determine/debating the inlet size for my three injectors...  I have located a great formula on this site for scoop/inlet size, however; I am just concerned with the inlet size for the approach to my desired MPH....  Any advise ?

Thanks, Neil Candy (Candy-Man)
XO/GL   #230  -  Mother's Worry :-)

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2538 on: January 12, 2013, 10:46:03 AM »

Yep, I want to order some rule books. Can you give me links to where to order them - hopefully PDFs that I can get straight away? Then I'll be quiet for a while while I digest them.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom, new scta rule books just went too print, so they are a month or so away, Last years book can still be purchased from USFRA or SCTA... follow links on the home page.
Online rules for the Bub are available also, link on home page.

Welcome Wrench and Candy, see ya on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline blackopel

• New folks
« Reply #2539 on: January 13, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
Greetings all,
I am a past member when Jon started this forum but had a terrible attendance record so got the boot perhaps? Glad to be back, a lot of great people and info here and thats what makes land speed racing so great. We race a black Opel out of Summerland BC,#6666
and were very fortunate to set a new record at Speedweek last year after 11 years of breaking stuff. We are in the EGMS class and went 208.974, actually just got our trophy from SCTA/BNI, wow is it beautiful and not a made in China sticker on it! We are so honored to be part of this sport and really appreciate the efforts of the SCTA and USFRA volunteers. Many thanks from our team, Dick Knorr

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #2540 on: January 13, 2013, 04:12:13 PM »
Blackopal, welcome back and don't stay away this time. I have timed your car many times. Now I am a crew member for the Vesco streamliners, see you on the salt.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2541 on: January 13, 2013, 07:05:47 PM »
BO,
Dick.... Congratulations on getting Frank in the Club.  Your turn next year? 
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline hotrodderhaag

« Reply #2542 on: January 14, 2013, 12:50:34 PM »
hey,
my name is ben im fron N.W. pennsylvania...
always wanted to go see the salt flats and recently i have gathered parts to build my first belly tank. always been in to old hot rods.. planning on building a ford flat head powered tank.

thanks

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #2543 on: January 14, 2013, 02:27:39 PM »
hey,
always wanted to go see the salt flats and recently i have gathered parts to build my first belly tank. always been in to old hot rods.. planning on building a ford flat head powered tank.

thanks

We can never have too many flat head powered belly tanks, studeebakers, streamliners, mootercicles, side cars, comp coupes shit you get the point.

Welcome, see you in Ohio in April??
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2544 on: January 14, 2013, 05:29:18 PM »
There are more flathead Fords racing on the salt flats now there were in the 50-s.    But that said, there can never be enough.  Welcome.

Joe

Offline hotrodderhaag

« Reply #2545 on: January 15, 2013, 08:53:20 PM »
hey,

thanks

We can never have too many flat head powered belly tanks, studeebakers, streamliners, mootercicles, side cars, comp coupes Subaru you get the point.

Welcome, see you in Ohio in April??

Thanks guys . Playing hell to find the right tank that is affordable , but I'm a pretty darn good fabricator so ill build a belly tank no matter what it takes ...

Offline TheBaron

« Reply #2546 on: January 15, 2013, 09:57:23 PM »
Hello All,
   My name is Robert "Smitty" Smith and I live in Costa Mesa, Ca.

Well, I'm new to this forum but not to fast vehicles of all types. I retired a little over a year ago and decided it  is time to try the salt flats like I've always wanted to do. I've been a member of the "Gear Grinders" for almost a year now and did a little volunteer duty at El Mirage last year...

I'm working on  a Moto Morini  350cc pushrod V-twin as my ride.... Before you ask, it is a little Italian bike nobody ever heard of, with parts availability nobody has a clue about, and was  designed about 1970. Mine is one of the last ones made in 1985 before the family owned company went under... They are considered nice commuter bikes and little else.

This project is a real challenge( pain)  and I would be done by now if I had just picked a Yamaha or Honda , but It seemed like a good idea at the time...I'm sure this is the very first time this has happened to a LSR.

I have been a pro crew chief and engine builder at times during my long career, and now I want to do it just for me. I've done Reno Air Racing, Boat Racing, and Stock Cars,,, However, my first and everlasting love are motor bikes (ever since my little Cushman scooter I had as a boy growing up in rural Alabama in the '50s)...

Offline DND

« Reply #2547 on: January 16, 2013, 05:00:08 AM »
Hi Baron

Welcome to the salt club, didnt that company build a mini V8 road bike too that was really trick for its day?

Don

Offline TheBaron

« Reply #2548 on: January 16, 2013, 09:27:27 AM »
I think that was another Italian maker,,, Moto Guzzi maybe....

The Moto Morini did well in the 250cc class and I think was the last single to slug it out with the Honda multi's and do well against them .

Robert

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2549 on: January 16, 2013, 10:34:43 AM »
MV Agusta?
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ