Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267319 times)

Offline Dorian

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2475 on: December 18, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
Hello everybody !

My name is Dorian, 31 years old, I live in France near of Le Mans, firstly, sorry, my english is not great ;)
I'll start the projet in January 2013, I'll beat the speed record with a 500 cm3, I'll use a Suzuki GS500E.

The engine will use a Turbocharger, the frame will be modified ( the back will be shortness ), My class will be : MPS_BF or MPS_BG ?
My hands forearm will be "in" the fairing,

A little preview for the bike This is correct for my run ? :

Thank you
Dorian

Offline Dorian

• New folks
« Reply #2476 on: December 18, 2012, 02:22:04 PM »
Thanks  :-)

Maybe ! Bonneville is my "real goal", This bike will be my first one, for the first run test, I will go to Italia, Nardo ( a big oval speedway, with banking just for speed )
If my sponsoring is ok, I'll go to bonneville, before I Must try this bike on this little italian run :)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2477 on: December 18, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »
Dorian, if you'd be so kind - would you please fill in your "location" on the profile page of your registration?  That way any of us that reads a post by you will know from where you came.  Address is not necessary -- just your city and state/county will be fine.  Thanks - and welcome to the landracing.com Forum.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Dorian

• New folks
« Reply #2478 on: December 18, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »
Yes of course ;) This ok !
 8-)

Offline Freud

« Reply #2479 on: December 18, 2012, 03:47:38 PM »
SpeedWeek is the event at Bonneville in August.

It is the biggest of all events at Bonneville.

Welcome to Landracing.com

FREUD
Since '63

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2480 on: December 18, 2012, 07:52:22 PM »
Bonjour Dorian;

Le Mans??? My friend whose team won the Le Mans 24 hour race twice just received two speeding tickets in the mail from the French police stating that he was speeding in the district of Le Mans. He was caught twice by an automatic speed camera during a vacation earlier this year. We suggested that since the tickets were from Le Mans, he should have them framed and hung on the wall.  :-)

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2481 on: December 18, 2012, 09:15:44 PM »
Dorian, the big track in Italy will host an FIM meet, as best as I know.  There is a link on here to the BUB Trials website, and on that, a link to the FIM rules.  The rules are for road racing bikes, mostly, and in the back there are the ones for bikes.  The partial streamliner regulations are easy to follow and understand and the FIM regulations are in French, too.  We can help if you start a build diary and have some questions.  The premier meet here in the US is the BUB Trials.  It is all bikes.

Offline CTX-SLPR

« Reply #2482 on: December 18, 2012, 09:39:50 PM »
Howdy,

I'm new to the LSR world after sniffing around the periphery for a few years. 

I'm trying to build up the knowledge about and the funding to run a Turbo Buick at Bonneville in the CPS body class.  Not sure if I'll stick to stock type displacement or try something more exotic to chase a record or what.

I'm always open to learning more about any form of racing.

Thanks,
Central TEXAS Sleeper
USAF Physicist

1964 Buick Riviera T-type (4.1L Turbo6, 4L80E, L67 EFI system)

ROA# 9790

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #2483 on: December 18, 2012, 09:54:03 PM »
Dorian, this is what to look for.  This was really hard for me to find the first time I tried.  We race FIM here, too, and this is what I read when I build my bike.

Offline Dorian

• New folks
« Reply #2484 on: December 19, 2012, 03:25:10 AM »
Hello ! Thanks for all  :lol:

MANTA22 : lol, this is a great speed ticket !  I hope that a speed record beat. lol Here in France, the speed camera are numerous. this is a great "money maker" for government !

WOBBLYWALRUS: Thanks a lot for the text file, yes your help will be really precious, this is my first project, and I have some things to learn !

I'll make a post in the good section during the day.

D.

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2485 on: December 19, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »
CTX --

I think the class for your Buick would be E/PS  --  E engine size, 184 to 260 inch / Production Supercharged.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline dw230

« Reply #2486 on: December 19, 2012, 12:18:09 PM »
In order to be legal for Production Supercharged class the OEM vehicle must have been available with a supercharger. I had a '64 Rivi, no blower - big A 425 engine.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2487 on: December 19, 2012, 07:14:39 PM »
Dan, think V6, 1984 Grand National.... that would be E/PS... or if he shrank it to 3.8 X 2.66 F/PS  or grow it bigger to D/PS
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline CTX-SLPR

« Reply #2488 on: December 19, 2012, 10:03:18 PM »
Dan, think V6, 1984 Grand National.... that would be E/PS... or if he shrank it to 3.8 X 2.66 F/PS  or grow it bigger to D/PS
You've nailed it minus it being an 81 so CPS not PS.  My '64 Riviera had a 425 (465 Wildcat) when I bought it but I've swapped it out for a built 256cid Turbo6 based off of an 84 4.1L block.  It's been fighting a leaky transmission and wiring issues so I've not really put much miles on it but I'm sold on the Turbo6.
1981 Regal with a 231, 252, or some form of under 260cid stroker for an E motor. A 2.66in stroke crank out of a 3.0L to get a 181 for a F motor, but does F/CPS exist?  This motor would be custom since the 3.0L used the same bore, pistons, and rods as a 3.8L but a corespondingly shorter deck height, something is going to be aftermarket on the piston or rod front if not both.   No sense chasing the Avanti Kid with a bottom of the range D motor since you can't get bigger than 274cid on an Buick V6 block I'm aware of.

I'm a bit too poor to play with the big boys in PS so I'll need to stick with CPS and a carb. 
Central TEXAS Sleeper
USAF Physicist

1964 Buick Riviera T-type (4.1L Turbo6, 4L80E, L67 EFI system)

ROA# 9790

Offline dw230

« Reply #2489 on: December 20, 2012, 11:50:19 AM »
Still confused - whats new?

A '81 with an engine swap/turbo would run in /CBGC. Production Supercharged and Classic Production Supercharged rules are the same re: OEM engine availabilty. New for 2013 is the F,G,H, I engine classes in the Classic Category.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth