Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2273070 times)

Offline joe-r1

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2460 on: December 05, 2012, 09:49:50 PM »
I wish i had this power!! haha And lower our gasoline price too!

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2461 on: December 06, 2012, 10:35:20 AM »
Bonjour,

haha is not allowed on this forum  :-D

Just kidding-- welcome, Julien.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2462 on: December 06, 2012, 11:41:42 AM »
Welcome, Julien.  I hope you have fun and learn lots of stuff when you're at this site.  In the previous post Joe suggested that you list your location, and you did -- but only in a post.  What would be better would be to have you go to the registration profile and enter your location there -- so it would be listed on each and every post you make.  That way we'd always know where you're located.

Thanks -- and enjoy the fun here on landracing.com.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline joe-r1

• New folks
« Reply #2463 on: December 07, 2012, 12:00:14 PM »
Thanks everyone!! Profile updated and i will post info on my ride and some question i have for you guys in next few days!!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2464 on: December 07, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »
Tom Borchadt   "KoncreteKid" --- is from New Brunswick ... and Frank John "Frank06" is from Montreal and fluent in French.

Offline JustaRacer

« Reply #2465 on: December 08, 2012, 01:21:57 PM »
I'm Pat McSwain.

My old username was McRat, which was an insult thrown at me when I started racing.  Or it's a Vietnamese Big Mac hamburger, you decide.

I race for fun on the weekends.  I've raced beer coolers and Bonneville, and places inbetween.

I have kids in school, a wife who also races, and an addiction to hotrodding.  My real job is measuring shiit.

While I'm legend (in my own mind) in the Diesel Racing community, I also race gas vehicles.

I've raced many different kinds vehicles at many kinds of competition.

I killed off my username so I would quit my addiction to LSR, but it didn't work.

If an admin or moderator could re-activate my old username of McRat, it would be helpful.

:evil:
My doctor told me to go out and kill people.
Well, sort of.  He told me to reduce the stress in my life.

Offline slowpoke

• New folks
« Reply #2466 on: December 09, 2012, 02:27:01 AM »
My name is Cliff King aka slowpoke.  I have a 95 chrylser New Yorker my son and I our working on.  Grandpa hot rod looking to see how fast we can make it go.

Cliff

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2467 on: December 09, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »
Cliff --- welcome.  It helps if you post where you located.  There are lot of people that race land speed and they are pretty much spread out accross the world.  There maybe someone located close by that can offer assistance and knowing your location helps ... Joe

Offline Team Huff

• New folks
  • Bonneville 2009
« Reply #2468 on: December 14, 2012, 01:32:57 AM »
Hello Everybody
  We have been huge Bonneville salt flat fans ever since my father went out from California with a friend of his, also a gear head, to see it up close and personal, back in 1999 or so. He loved it so much he talked us into checking it out. When we did, the next year, we were hooked instantly. We being my father Bill, brother Jim, sister Laura and my self Larry, all Huff's and all gear heads from way back. Hence the name Team Huff. We've restored a 1981 CB750 Honda motorcycle and rode it into the 130 club on the short course and then to a top speed of 140.123  on the 150 course the next year. Now were building a Kawasaki 1327cc for a try at the 150 club someday. Just wanted introduce myself before asking all kinds of crazy questions. Also not much experience with forums but trying to figure it out.  Larry
:)
Love Bonneville Salt Flats
130 Club
Old but Slow Salt Fever
Building for 150 Club

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #2469 on: December 14, 2012, 10:27:04 AM »
My name is Cliff King aka slowpoke.  I have a 95 chrylser New Yorker my son and I our working on.  Grandpa hot rod looking to see how fast we can make it go.

Cliff

Hey, Cliff--that's great. I've always thought that a mid-90s Crown Vic would also be a cool car to run on the salt. Good luck!

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline IvanP

• New folks
« Reply #2470 on: December 16, 2012, 09:34:19 AM »
Hello to all.

I was a member here many moons ago but i seem to have forgotten my user name which is kinda funny and embarrassing at the same time. When the chance is available or when time allows, i study pre WW1 auto racing as well as Long Distance Records and obviously the Short Distance LSR from it's inception to the present. Researching these two subjects have also taken me onto different paths where speed is concerned, most notably pre WWII aircraft racing such as the Schneider Trophy Races but also the manufacture and sometimes politics of Italian and United States Navy craft up to the mid 1930s.

Ivan.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2471 on: December 16, 2012, 10:06:14 AM »
Ivan -   Welcome back.   You are certainly busy ... when you get a chance, include your location.  Often there is some one right around the corner that races land speed. 

Joe

Offline Warp9.9

• New folks
« Reply #2472 on: December 16, 2012, 08:27:13 PM »
Hey guys new here and looking to do 200 mph legally verses what I do on the country roads here in Illinois.
Goal 200 mph naked club as I want to keep riding my bike on the street. She is the Millennium Falcon a 2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic.

Warp
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:30:04 PM by Warp9.9 »

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #2473 on: December 17, 2012, 06:57:15 PM »
Welcome aboard Warp!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline Warp9.9