Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267115 times)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2445 on: November 25, 2012, 08:24:15 AM »
Okay, welcome -- and to both CarlGustav (good strong name!) and ScottW. - - you didn't enter your location(s) in the appropriate blank on the registration form when you joined the Forum.  Yes, ScottW, you tell us in your post -- but by putting the location in the blank in your profile we'll be able to see your area each time you post.  You, too, CG -- let us know so maybe we can help you by being nearby or something.  Thanks -- and again, welcome to the forum.

To everyone:  Yes, Bob and I are trying to make filling out the "location" blank a mandatory item for registration, but we haven't yet figured out how to futz with the basic forum software to make that happen.  We're trying - and in the meantime I'll keep harping on those that don't have it there (including "old timers" as I see them, like you, DCarr511 :evil:).
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2446 on: November 25, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »
Welcome Scott ... you are about to enter a fulfilling and expensive journey ...

Offline carlgustav

• New folks
« Reply #2447 on: November 25, 2012, 01:10:33 PM »
Ok, location added I think, thanx  :-) ...

ACE (CarlGustav, or technically, Carl Anders Gustav Eliasson)  :-D

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2448 on: November 25, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
Huntsville, Alabama?
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2449 on: November 25, 2012, 01:31:41 PM »
3- letter code for Huntsville Alabama is HSV

Offline carlgustav

• New folks
« Reply #2450 on: November 27, 2012, 02:26:21 PM »
3- letter code for Huntsville Alabama is HSV

That is correct  :-) ...

ACE

Offline altered757

• New folks
« Reply #2451 on: November 28, 2012, 01:07:16 PM »
Hello, My name is John Ervin.
 I'm from N.E. Oklahoma and have been following this board for quite a while now. I'm a long time drag racer but have a longtime interest and fascination with Landspeed Racing. I lived in the San Diego, Ca. for a number of years and attended events at El Mirage and Muroc and thought about participating but my drag racing seemed to satisfy the itch. I went to Bonneville for the first time in 2010 and like many of you the hook was set. So out with the drags and hello Bonneville!
I'm now in the process of purchasing a "D" Street Roadster (which by the way I found on this site,  thank you) and plan to get started on this new adventure. I'm really new to this form of racing and have a lot to learn but I'm looking forward to getting started. Hope to get to know many of you at the races.
Thank You and Godspeed, John

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2452 on: November 28, 2012, 01:18:18 PM »
Hey -- this guy is worth watching.  I see he's from that town in Oklahoma where Phillips 66 gas has it's headquarters, so obviously -- he gets fuel for free and will probably bring it for all of us if we treat him well.  Be aware! :-D

Okay, seriously, John -- hello and welcome to the Forum.  I'm glad you've bit the bullet and registered, finally, so now you can more fully take part in the goofiness that we like to make folks think - is land speed racing.  We have a great time with it, so don't go upsetting our cart with the truth, okay?  Enjoy what you can from here, and as you've no doubt seen many times -- don't be afraid to ask any question.  Yes, we might hassle you a bit, but then -- in turn, so were we when we started asking questions.  Just don't talk about your dream to build a propeller driven car, okay? :evil:  Keep that one a secret from us.  You'll unfortunately probably someday find out why I say this. . .
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline altered757

• New folks
« Reply #2453 on: November 28, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. I wish the free fuel thing was true it sure would make it more affordable to tow all the way to Bonneville!! Looking forward to being part of this craziness.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2454 on: November 28, 2012, 02:48:34 PM »
John, if you get up north stop by the LSR Farm for a beer.  Welcome to the addiction, meetings held regularly in Aug, Sept and sometimes Oct. 
Street Roadster, wow, right into Stan's frying pan
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline altered757

• New folks
« Reply #2455 on: November 28, 2012, 05:56:58 PM »
Thanks for the invite, if we're that way we'd love to take you up on that. Yeah I know I sure could have picked an easier class as far as setting records go, but I've always been partial to roadsters. My current drag car is an altered roadster so we will see, at the very least we'll hopefully have some fun

Offline joe-r1

• New folks
« Reply #2456 on: December 05, 2012, 07:03:43 PM »
Hi, my name is Julien and i'm form Canada...
i'm doing some dragracing but I'm new to the LSR world.
I try to learn some tips for land speed and i wish i will get some answer here!! Haha
Julien.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2457 on: December 05, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »
We have a lot of racers from Canada.  If post just where you are from there are racers who might be your neighbor already racing.   Welcome.

Joe

Offline joe-r1

• New folks
« Reply #2458 on: December 05, 2012, 07:46:29 PM »
I'm from new-brunswick (maybe 2h 2h1/2 form Loring)...i know maybe 2 guys (not personally) that are racing from New-B...
And on the side, my first language if french so excuse me for my bad english!
Julien

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #2459 on: December 05, 2012, 09:36:41 PM »
Welcome Julien to our land speed racing forum, hey if your from Canada please let us use your keystone pipeline so our gas in the lower 48 states will be cheaper!!   :cheers:
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine