Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267229 times)

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2400 on: October 30, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »
 :cheers:
Hello, and welcome Mike.     Grandpa Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline caleb

• New folks
« Reply #2401 on: November 02, 2012, 01:45:55 AM »
Hello All!  My name is Caleb. I am from STL Missouri. Me and a good group of friends are really into the small displacement 2t bikes as well as, yep thats right, mopeds. I have studied some background info from bon. salt flats and found that there are a small hand full of records for these. Though its not melt your face off fast, running 70 mph+ on a bicycle with 1 gear and less than 100cc's is still a rush! I figured this would be a good place to get some high end 2t tips and tricks. Hope I can fit it with the big boys... 

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2402 on: November 02, 2012, 06:05:35 AM »
Caleb,
Welcome ... glad you are joining us.   There a lot of racers having a ball in different classes.  It is always about the challenge and accomplishing goals.  The speed isnt important.   The Frinks have a bunch of records in the smaller cc 2 stroke classes.   They have some remarkable engineering on these bikes, including a turbo 125cc bike.

Joe

Offline caleb

• New folks
« Reply #2403 on: November 02, 2012, 08:07:23 PM »
Hey, thanks! I personally have a goal of one mph per one cc naturally aspirated on pump gas. I am currently running a solid 65 mph at 74cc but need to upgrade my carb and ignition.....

Offline turboinline4

• New folks
« Reply #2404 on: November 03, 2012, 11:42:50 PM »
Figured I would post up and introduce myself. My name is Casey Campbell and I've been lurking for a little bit reading and learning and reading some more. I've been playing with DSM's for around 12 years or so, and recently in the past few years have been introduced to standing mile racing and thought it looked like a lot of fun. After going down to the Texas Mile with a friend a few years ago while he was racing his car, I figured I'd give it a try. Figured I'd try and follow in Mike Reichen's footstep, just without all the blowing up and stuff. lol

Fast forward about a year and I took my car (92 Eagle Talon) down to the mile in hopes of hitting 200MPH. First time out didn't go so well. We pulled the car off the trailer and get in the staging lanes. Our turn came up to run and I roll out and start rowing through the gear. When I went to hit 4th it was gone. Coasted the rest of the way and pulled it back into the pits. Turned out I stripped all the teeth off of 3rd gear.

A year goes by and I get the car back up and running and we make our trek back down there. This would be October 2011. The weekend for the most part went well, we didn't however reach our goal of 200MPH. We managed a best of 171.2. Mid day through Saturday one of the couplers on the intercooler pipe blew. Not just popped off, but tore a whole in the middle of it. That ended our fun.

Now fast forward to last month, took the car down, again hoping for a 200MPH pass. I changed a few things to help insure we hit 200MPH. Bigger turbo and more fuel. Friday morning everything was looking good. A nice cool front blew in, and we had a nice (North) tail wind, which is rare for south texas. We pull into the staging lanes and wait. Finally get our go ahead and roll off the line. I row 1st-5th and kept going. I had no idea how fast I was going, but know it was pretty fast. Get to the end of the track and noticed I pushed a bunch of oil into the catch can (Which we found out was way to small). Get to the timing trailer and they handed me my slip. 196.9MPH I was super happy. But, they wouldn't let me drive my car back because of the oil.

Turns out the first pass was our best pass of the weekend. We only got 2 full pass's in. On the third pass I went to shift into 5th and I was there. Turns out I chewed up the hub/slider. Still had 1st-4th but not 5th. Oh well, drove the car onto the trailer and had fun the rest of the weekend.

One day, I hope to make it to Bonneville, as my buddy is supposed to be building DSM to run out there, but it hasn't more in YEARS.

Any here's a picture of my heap! Look forward to meeting some of you guys.

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2405 on: November 04, 2012, 12:23:26 AM »
WELCOME
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2406 on: November 04, 2012, 01:19:57 AM »
"DSM"?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline turboinline4

• New folks
« Reply #2407 on: November 04, 2012, 01:50:54 AM »
"DSM"?

Sorry, DSM stands for Diamond Star Motors. A Joint Venture between Chrysler And Mitsubishi to produce the Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, and Plymouth Laser. :)

Offline Jesse9938

• New folks
« Reply #2408 on: November 04, 2012, 05:45:52 PM »
Hi, my name is Jesse Armstrong and I live in Emlenton, PA.  I have been working (hobby) on cars and motorcycles for awhile now.  I am a machinist by trade, and a lover of big engines.  I have never been to the salt, it has always been a dream for me.  I just joined the ECTA since they are now running the Ohio Mile, which is really close for me.  I am currently working on a C4 corvette with BBC ~ AA class to run next year.  I am in need of some knowledge and hope to learn from anyone who is will to help.
Thanks and have a good day!
Jesse Armstrong

Offline gray63

« Reply #2409 on: November 04, 2012, 06:21:27 PM »
Welcome Jesse.
You will find lots of help on this forum. There is a group of LandSpeed racers
just a few miles south of you in Butler.  They ran a C4 this year in Bonneville
and set a record. They are also working on a streamliner project that is an
awesome piece of engineering.
Good luck with your project and I will see you at the Ohio mile in the spring.

Regards,  Dave Gray
Carlisle, Pa.
56 Corvette BGMS

Offline Jesse9938

• New folks
« Reply #2410 on: November 04, 2012, 06:33:27 PM »
Dave,

Thanks!  That is a beautiful 56 in the pic!  See you in the spring.

Thanks,
Jesse

Offline rack4u

• New folks
    • www.burkeavanti.com
Just Bought the Burke Avanti
« Reply #2411 on: November 07, 2012, 02:31:55 AM »
Hello,

My name is David Parris, we just bought the Burke  Avanti 

Dan Stokes, and my nephew Garrett went on a road trip with me to bring it back to the east coast. Now we got to get it running and ready for 2013 ECTA meets  with long term goals and sites set on the SALT !

If I had back ALL the money I have spent on Cars I would spend it ALL on Cars !!   www.BurkeAvanti.com

Offline TRT1954

• New folks
Another ECTA newbie
« Reply #2412 on: November 07, 2012, 01:37:02 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I read the Hot Rod mag article about the Ohio Mile and decided that I would like to try it out. I have drag raced on & off for 35 years. I have been autocrossing for 6 years so now it is time to try something new.

I joined ECTA to get a rule book so that I can get ready over the winter so I will have many more questions.
My plan is to use the 93 Corvette that I autocross with.
Looking forward to it.

Tim T.
Tim Terrill
2014 Challenger

Offline geezer1

Re: Another ECTA newbie
« Reply #2413 on: November 07, 2012, 03:16:41 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I read the Hot Rod mag article about the Ohio Mile and decided that I would like to try it out. I have drag raced on & off for 35 years. I have been autocrossing for 6 years so now it is time to try something new.

I joined ECTA to get a rule book so that I can get ready over the winter so I will have many more questions.
My plan is to use the 93 Corvette that I autocross with.
Looking forward to it.

Tim T.

Sounds like a great plan Tim. I spent time in Ohio going college and autocrossed at OSU and some other venues. You'll really enjoy the ECTA Group - we'll work to be sure you are safe and fast. If I can help with info or contacts let me know. Welcome Aboard!!

Geo Turner
For the Geezers

« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 03:20:14 PM by geezer1 »
Geezer Racing - (Turner/Herr/Mclellan/Acton/Pranger/Acton/Acton /McDonald/Hascall/Patul)
Trever is in at over 210!!!!!(17 yrs. old) Kyle is in at over 212!!!!! (16 yrs' old)
2 Wins in the Hot Rod Top Speed Challenge in Super Street 2014-2015
5 Different Geezer Drivers set records at Maxton, Loring, and Ohio
We also had the honor to have the fastest Innkeeper in Wilmington Ohio in the Geezer Express
Thank you ECTA and our great LSR Friends! Press On Regardless!!

Offline goatnipples2002

• New folks
« Reply #2414 on: November 07, 2012, 06:08:36 PM »
Im just a gearhead that loves every aspect of racing. I have come to realize that aerodynamics is a black magic of sorts. I have a turbocharged 94 Mustang that makes about 650rwhp for now. I joined this forum to learn about the science, theory and practice surrounding aerodynamics.