Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267108 times)

Offline Polly29

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2370 on: September 30, 2012, 07:21:26 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!  "Buy a rule book...Check one".  "Hard packed dirt road" Sounds slippy...but still fun.  I'll definitely be checking into the other forums, get familiar with the rules, and continue to watch in awe until its my turn on the salt.

Have a terrific Sunday!
~ Polly

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2371 on: September 30, 2012, 09:27:53 PM »
Welcome Polly, be carefull hanging around Salt Racers, we are addicts you know, easily consumed by the addiction to speed and salt. 
Bike racing on the salt is easy, setting records is a little harder.  Start with having fun and being safe, the speed is easier after that.
As I always tell the kids.... if you're gonna play be sure to wear protection  :roll:
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline buffaloracer

• New folks
« Reply #2372 on: September 30, 2012, 09:48:55 PM »
Larry Peterson.  Retired.
Buffalo, Kansas

Drag raced for some time.
Have wanted to show up for years, figure next year is the year.
Lots of questions.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Pete
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 09:53:49 PM by buffaloracer »

Offline Duck-Stew

« Reply #2373 on: October 01, 2012, 01:26:16 AM »
Stuart here from Albuquerque, NM.  Have started construction on an M-G750 entry & hope to have it ready for tech inspection @ El Mirage in May.
Team UnorthoDUX

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #2374 on: October 01, 2012, 02:50:08 AM »
Welcome, Pete and Stuart.
The more the merrier - looking forward to seeing new faces at Bonneville and on the Dry Lake, respectively.
Good luck with your builds,

Willi
Who Has More Fun?

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #2375 on: October 01, 2012, 05:09:17 PM »
While Im a newbie to the forums here myself, welcome to those of you who have joined since Sept 18th ( when I joined ) Ive already found that this group of people are very supportive and informative and a very unique group.

Offline Polly29

• New folks
« Reply #2376 on: October 01, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »
Welcome Polly, be carefull hanging around Salt Racers, we are addicts you know, easily consumed by the addiction to speed and salt. 
Bike racing on the salt is easy, setting records is a little harder.  Start with having fun and being safe, the speed is easier after that.
As I always tell the kids.... if you're gonna play be sure to wear protection  :roll:
 :cheers:

Ok...unfortunately since I've posted my interest and made the decision to race next year.....the one that was going to help gear up my bike, and race with me, work on my bike, and be supportive while he raced has raced away into the wind. (my sweetness, and being overly accepting and supportive does that to people) ha ha

Not only do I need to do more research but I'm tuned into this sport now and DO NOT want to miss out on participating in an exciting sport and see just how far I can go!

Anyone out there live in CO that could lend some time/effort in helping me to prepare?  If there's even a CO group of you that race every year together, perhaps we could talk?  GOTTA be clear though, I'm not on here for a date!! (I can get that by myself, thanks) I sincerely want to race and experience the excitement first hand!!

Thanks,

Polly

Offline trcooperone

• New folks
« Reply #2377 on: October 04, 2012, 09:05:52 PM »
My name is Tommy, I am from San Diego. I have always loved motor-sports and I am taking a step into LSR! I have a 1982 Honda xl100 that I am starting with and I believe I am building towards the 100cc A/G class but I am still learning what is involved in each class.

I hope to learn from all of your years of knowledge! 

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2378 on: October 04, 2012, 09:08:34 PM »
Welcome Tom ...

Joe

Offline trcooperone

• New folks
« Reply #2379 on: October 04, 2012, 09:21:40 PM »
Thanks! Where is a good source for specs for each class (motorcycles specifically)? I have read there is a rule book, where can I purchase one?

Offline salt

• EMD2CLM - B2CLM
« Reply #2380 on: October 04, 2012, 09:39:02 PM »
Tom, welcome to LSR - and be careful, the salt bug can be virtually impossible to shake!
Order your rule book here:
www.scta-bni.org

Also, if you are planning to run locally in SoCal (El Mirage Dry Lake), you might want to join one of the SCTA Clubs.
The Gear Grinders have lots of MC guys as members . . .
Have fun,

Willi
Who Has More Fun?

Offline outlaw fab shop

• New folks
« Reply #2381 on: October 04, 2012, 10:07:31 PM »
hello,
mark from s.e.mich checking in! Im actually at the montego bay resort after a GREAT 2nd day at the world finals, btw, the FIRST time to the salt! All i can say is AWESOME!! The first to people i spoke to was jon and nancy that race the zx-14 kawasaki, VERY NICE PEOPLE!!. Im already thinking about building a I class lakester, i believe thats a 1liter. Anyhow, thanks ....
mark
www.outlawfabshop.net or com

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2382 on: October 04, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »
Mark, stop by and chat, we are running an I/GL at the Finals.  Red, white and blue named Bockscar, after the last airplane to drop a nuclear weapon in anger.
Welcome to the addiction
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline outlaw fab shop

• New folks
« Reply #2383 on: October 05, 2012, 09:48:03 PM »
Mark, stop by and chat, we are running an I/GL at the Finals.  Red, white and blue named Bockscar, after the last airplane to drop a nuclear weapon in anger.
Welcome to the addiction

u guys had the 1000 powered lakester, right? i actually stopped by and chatted up with one of the guys that raced bikes, i told him about my busa and buds pro mod....

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2384 on: October 05, 2012, 10:41:47 PM »
"The first two people i spoke to was jon and nancy that race the zx-14 kawasaki, VERY NICE PEOPLE!!."

Oh, man, how'd we go astray and let him the the absolute wrong impression about us? :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com