Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275601 times)

Offline racer

• Impound 2009. sweetest spot at Bonneville.
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1140 on: January 23, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
After the BUB event last year returned for Speed Week and the World of Speed.

thanks,

raycwheeler usa
Ray C Wheeler

ScottG

« Reply #1141 on: January 24, 2010, 04:47:51 PM »
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 09:12:03 PM by ScottG »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1142 on: January 24, 2010, 08:37:59 PM »
ScottG, it's working -- we can read you loud and clear.  Over and out.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Zor

• New folks
« Reply #1143 on: January 25, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »
Thanks Glen. Looking forward to the move and meeting some new people. I hope Phoenix treats me well.

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #1144 on: January 25, 2010, 06:12:34 PM »
 :cheers: zor, when ya get settled in Phoenix let me know.  I plan on Speedweek this year so maybe we can get together with Sparky and some of the others and make a road trip out of it!   Welcome to the addiction!   Salt, that is!  The Az. Old Crow.
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

kliff

« Reply #1145 on: January 25, 2010, 07:13:26 PM »
 :cheers:

Howdy all, kliff here,

retired mechanic, motorcycle, car, truck, stationary power unit...you name it. Finished out my last few years as an H-D parts manager. Still tinkerring in the shop  at home, just because I like it, but severely downsized, now I'm looking for HP in 50 & 150cc Chinese motorscooters, and building a real odd ball scooter. stetched wheelbase 150 China scoot, cramming in a turboed KLR650 Kawasaki dual sport power unit....hoping to see Maxton next year...

Still not a lot to look at....but getting there...

:-D

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1146 on: January 25, 2010, 08:24:17 PM »
Kliff, welcome to the site. Interesting build so keep us posted on how it's coming. Enjoy the site ask lots of questions and meet a lot of new people. Hope you achieve  your goals and speeds at Maxton.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline relaxedfit

« Reply #1147 on: January 25, 2010, 09:15:45 PM »
Welcome kliff, can't wait to meet you down at Maxton. Your bike looks a lot like my fxdx the last time (and I do mean last time) the local HD dealer worked on it. There's a good chance you can already go faster on it than I go so come on out.
Ken Presson
Having nothing to do in shutdown is our goal

Offline Zor

• New folks
« Reply #1148 on: January 25, 2010, 09:21:58 PM »
:cheers: zor, when ya get settled in Phoenix let me know.  I plan on Speedweek this year so maybe we can get together with Sparky and some of the others and make a road trip out of it!   Welcome to the addiction!   Salt, that is!  The Az. Old Crow.

Thanks Old Crow. I'll let you know in a couple weeks when I'm moved in.

kliff

« Reply #1149 on: January 27, 2010, 07:12:41 AM »
Here's another pic, with the engine in place, so I can start tacking the intake tubing, and exhaust together, when the turbo arrives.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1150 on: January 27, 2010, 11:41:53 AM »
Kliff
Interesting build. Why don't you move it or start a build diary in the build section. It keeps this introduction thread cleaner.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1151 on: January 27, 2010, 11:57:53 PM »
I see new concepts in chassis and suspension design for a turbo application.  Definitely a good candidate for a build and riding diary.

kliff

« Reply #1152 on: January 29, 2010, 07:22:23 AM »
Will do guys, thanks. :-D

Offline cwiehle0

• New folks
« Reply #1153 on: January 29, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
Chris Wiehle
New to Land speed but raced a lot in the past consisting of SCCA club, regional, national, and world Challenge, NASCAR RE/MAX, and SCCA Vintage.  Kids are getting older and I want to start plans for a LSR corvette.

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #1154 on: January 31, 2010, 09:37:04 PM »
Hi Everyone, Paul Gilbert here. Originally from New Zealand, my first trip to the Salt was as a lowly pit boy with Bill Ward`s Kiwi-A-Salt Street Roadster in `84. I must have caught the disease really badly, I had to move here as commuting from NZ was too expensive. I have missed four Speed Weeks in 25 years, was a partner/crewchief for Jay Storer`s F/FCC Record Holder, spent a number of years in the late `80`s/early `90`s in the Super Fours before moving to the Northwest to build Hot Rods. I have been self employed at this for the past 5 years after working at a couple of pretty well known shops up this way. Hence I have even less time to put my own Salt effort together. I am really interested in Salt/Lakes History, and have a pretty good collection of archival material, decals, etc, dating back almost to`49. Recently researched the Gary Richards/Denny Holtan single engined Motorcycle `Liner for a friend who, by a stroke of luck,has acquired the front half of the shell, complete with original lettering and paint....