Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267251 times)

Offline bak189

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1125 on: January 14, 2010, 07:04:38 PM »
You can wear your Vanson roadrace leathers at the BUB....not at Speedweek unless you make mods.
The $400.00 entry is for the duration of the event.......depending on entrees and weather you can get
3 to 5 runs a day at the BUB.......You do not need any "crewman" for the BUB as you are allowed to ride your bike back to the pits and/or starting line-up.......For BNI Speedweek you have to trailer and/or tow your bike back, so you need crew help.......The BUB event also has more then one course,
run what you brung, short course, long course.......................At the BUB event you will find that the course (salt condition) is better due to the fact the course is not being torn up by wheelspinning cars.
In addition, on the last day of the event Denis Manning hosts a outstanding awards presentation at which
(depending on class entered) you may get a dollar award for going fast............................................

If you want to see very fast cars race......BNI Speed Week is the place......if you want to race your bike
BUB is the place.....both are outstandng events,,...........................................................................
Question authority.....always

Offline jrbsa

• New folks
« Reply #1126 on: January 15, 2010, 11:31:39 PM »
Hello My name is Jason Ross, I've been building cars since I was 9 and still do it to this day, only now it's cars, british motorcycles and boats. I was a machinery tech / machinist in the uscg for 5 years and built hot rods professionally for a year after that. Someday I would like to build a vehicle to take to bonniville, will it ever happen? who knows but at least here I'm sure there are probably plenty of people who share the same dream.

Offline bbarn

« Reply #1127 on: January 16, 2010, 01:59:57 AM »
Hello My name is Jason Ross, I've been building cars since I was 9 and still do it to this day, only now it's cars, british motorcycles and boats. I was a machinery tech / machinist in the uscg for 5 years and built hot rods professionally for a year after that. Someday I would like to build a vehicle to take to bonniville, will it ever happen? who knows but at least here I'm sure there are probably plenty of people who share the same dream.

Welcome aboard Jason! If you want to ensure building/running a car at B'ville will happen...just go to one of the events, it'll happen...boy will it happen!
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #1128 on: January 16, 2010, 02:48:51 AM »
BUB is set up so a person does not need a crew, as mentioned previously.  The person who goes it alone does everything and it is demanding.  The key to success is to give yourself extra time, including a bit for rest and relaxation.     

bubuche

« Reply #1129 on: January 17, 2010, 03:52:52 PM »
hello

iam french
my name is eric and my project is to supercharged my sporster 1200 with amr 500 to use on the road
sorry for my bad english

a+ bubuche

Offline Streetwerkz

• New folks
  • Custom Coater
« Reply #1130 on: January 18, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
Josh

just an admirer of everything on this site.
probably wont have much to add, hear to learn and drool over the amazing talent and engineering here.

I am the owner of Streetwerkz Custom Powder Coating in Columbus Ohio.
Hope to one day run on the salt.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1131 on: January 18, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »
Well Josh, welcome to the web. Great place to meet new friends. As you know there are many old timers on here. It's  the best help place for LSR. I am sure you will find others near you in Ohio or close by to meet with. Enjoy the forum.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Streetwerkz

• New folks
  • Custom Coater
« Reply #1132 on: January 18, 2010, 10:52:14 PM »

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #1133 on: January 19, 2010, 09:14:56 AM »
Hey Jason,

Where is the shop?
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Streetwerkz

• New folks
  • Custom Coater
« Reply #1134 on: January 19, 2010, 08:44:59 PM »
1608 Clara ave
Col. Oh 43211

right down by JEGS and the fairgrounds

Offline LSR Mike

• First Pass-June 25, 2000; Muroc Dry Lake
    • Mike & Paula's Site
« Reply #1135 on: January 22, 2010, 08:49:29 AM »
Oh yes, been to that particular Jeg's a couple times...When the West Side store doesn't have it. Then there's the run to the Warehouse for will call....
Mike M.
BNI/ECTA
ECTA Record Holder/Former Bonneville Record Holder

Offline Zor

• New folks
« Reply #1136 on: January 22, 2010, 03:49:30 PM »
Hello,

D.J. Zor here. Attended Speed Week for the first time in 2009, although it's been a dream to go for the last ten years. Just finished up six years in the Navy as a submarine machinist mate. Moving to Phoenix to begin a new career and be closer to the salt. I would like to get onboard with a team to help in the pits and get some hands on land speed experience and then pursue a speed record for myself.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1137 on: January 22, 2010, 04:36:53 PM »
ZOR, there are several in the Phoenix area that are LSR.Ed Van Scoy, Sparky, Old crow. for a start. Welcome to the forum and your adventure into LSR.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline racer

• Impound 2009. sweetest spot at Bonneville.
« Reply #1138 on: January 23, 2010, 01:56:26 AM »
Started hanging around this site Sept. 2007 and thought it might be time to introduce myself.

Name is ray c wheeler, retired in 2004 from Millwright Local 102 in Oakland, Ca. after spending the majority of my life traveling from job site to job site and raising 2 out of 3 sons in my spare time.

THE NEED FOR SPEED
The one addiction that has stayed with me since drag racing a 1950 Ford in Great Bend, Kansas when I was 16 is the need for speed. Seems a hot 55 Chevy was always in the build stage during my 20's and 30's, although not nearly as addicting has my love for motorcycles that still burns stronger today then when I was a kid. Rode my first motorcycle in 1958 that belonged to my neighbor, after Viet Nam picked up a 1958 Pan Head and the rest is history.

2006 ----HOOKED
Discovered the BUB event in 2007 after a 17,000 mile summer jaunt.  Rolled out of Wichita after visiting a couple of real close friends on a Friday afternoon a few days before the BUB event started. After arriving at the event entered my 2004 H-D Dyna in the Run What Ya Bung class. With my daily rider with a high mileage 95" motor with over 65,000 miles recorded a best time of 134.394 mph.

2007 ----NEAR MISS HWY 1 BIG SUR  $44,000 HELICOPTER RIDE
Hauled Acura out of San Jose in the late afternoon headed for my 2nd event and made it all the way to the Lucia Lodge on Hwy.1 where I slid across the highway ( construction sand?) in the dark at 5 mph, coming to an abrupt stop against the side of a rock wall with my head. Knocked me out I was told by a couple of fine people that noticed a head light shining into the sky. After removing me from under my hot rod, they took me back to the Lucia Lodge and called for help. For a mere $44,000 a helicopter from San Jose delivered me to the Emergency room 4 blocks from home. The hospital released me the next morning with 1 stitch and a sprained left wrist. Seems the small cut on my forehead that bled profusely and the knocked out part had the emergency team worried. Close but no cigar, on the right side of Hwy.1, headed south is the ocean and a long way down over rugged terrain. Just glad to be here,what a night.

2008----  BUB Run What Ya Brung
After very few minor changes, once again rode into the Salt Flats, removed my travel gear, passed Tech and ran a top speed of 147.098 mph on my daily rider.

2009---- BUB SPEED TRIALS
6 passes 2 records
After doing my homework set 2 records in the 3000 M/AF 145.018 mph, 3000 MPS/AF 148.246 mph with a top speed of 149.811 mph.

2010 DREAM
Planning a few major changes this year and will attempt joining the elusive 200 mph club. Gearing, body work, more horsepower and ballast for traction.
Speed Week and then the BUB event for 2010.

See you there,
raycwheeler  usa

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 01:59:37 AM by racer »
Ray C Wheeler

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1139 on: January 23, 2010, 09:57:52 AM »
Well Ray it seems as the salt god's have bit you and you are hooked for life. The yearly salt fix is a requirement to keep a stable state of sanity. So welcome to the forum and enjoy what you waited a long to to do. Come to speed week as well and enjoy it even more.
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah