Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2273396 times)

Offline nicho919

• New folks
  • Simplicity - Because NOTHING Else Matters.
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #975 on: November 04, 2009, 06:30:14 PM »
Hello,

My name is Jake. I was out at ECTA October this year to spectate, and will be back next year to run. I just got the worst news of my life, where I had to SELL my 3000GT VR-4, but I suppose I'll be back in my Eclipse.

Jake
'98 Eclipse GS 420A (Soon to be boosted)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #976 on: November 04, 2009, 10:21:40 PM »
Welcome nicho919,
I love DSM's! Can't wait to see what you build.

Rob
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline nicho919

• New folks
  • Simplicity - Because NOTHING Else Matters.
« Reply #977 on: November 04, 2009, 10:53:33 PM »
Thanks! Plans are :

Stainless valves by PEP
Crower uprated springs and titanium retainers
PT lifters and rockers
Brass valve guides
MLS head gasket
ARP head studs
CP 8.5:1 pistons (.020 over) and rings
Eagle H-beam rods
ACL race series bearings
Melling high flow oil pump
Windage tray, crank scraper

Yanaka Coilovers
GSX brake upgrade, perhaps wilwood as a gift when I beat 175
Strut tower braces

MEGASQUIRT.

Some more stuff, this is a pretty good list of the big things.

DUH. Totally forgot to mention the biggest thing. Treadstone turbo kit with T3/T4 hybrid turbo. Eventually, I'll probably throw a GT35 or 39R at it, but that's after it's done with DD duties as well.
'98 Eclipse GS 420A (Soon to be boosted)

B.R.Burns

« Reply #978 on: November 08, 2009, 09:41:59 AM »
After years in the streetrod & race car world..went to the salt for my 1st time ever in 2002...I was a long time away from hotrods & the like...I was reborn at Bonneville..At the time had some health stuff that had me in a powered wheelchair...Spent the entire week there...7 years later.There has been alot going on at my place...Lathe,Mill  were found in Texas...frame jig was built,metal shop was built...In the next few weeks the lakesters frame will be out of the fixter.Major body mods will start then...Im not sure when my return to Bonneville will be.When it happens I wont be just a spectator.Perhaps a run or two in Texas before Utah.   high speed to all     B.R.Burns     OKC

Offline landsendlynda

« Reply #979 on: November 08, 2009, 12:55:53 PM »
Welcome to the forum B.R. Burns!  Once again our family has increased!  Be sure to open a build diary so that we can all see your progress.  Congratulations on the new build and the improvement in your health.  See you on the salt...whenever you get there!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline Salt Photos by Terry

• New folks
    • Cimarron Photography
« Reply #980 on: November 08, 2009, 05:36:14 PM »
Hello All.  Terry Raven here.  I am the chief cook and bottlewasher at Cimarron Photography located in Montrose, CO.   http://cimarron.zenfolio.com

When I was in High School I bought an old Texas Highway Patrol car.  My father was wise in not letting me bid on the 383 or the 440 Mopar or else I probably wouldn't be here now.  I got the 318 with the explicit promise not to modify it in any way.

One month later I had it down in the carport to the smallest pieces.  (It's not like I broke my promise to my Dad, I just wore him down).  In the middle of all of it I sat with a Chiltons manual and dreamed of having enough money to buy a Crane Cam Kit.

Eventually I got it back together with some goodies and turned in the low 15s at around 90 mph.  What heady fun.  The dragsters were all running in the 7s then and around 200 +/-.  How old am I??  Never mind.  I already know.

I got busy earning a living and got out of racing for too long.  I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to attend Speed Week and the World Finals this year.  The racing fuel smells different.  Not as much nitro I guess.

I took about 3000 photos and only wished I could be in all of them wrenching, tuning, driving or being more directly involved.  I guess I better stick with what I know best though so I will continue my small contribution by making photo records of the cars and teams that history and legends are made of.

Stop by my website and take a look at the photos.  Lookings free :)

Thanks Y'all, See Ya at Speedweek!!!
Terry Raven
Fast Camera
No Car

Offline bbarn

« Reply #981 on: November 08, 2009, 06:33:11 PM »
Terry, welcome aboard, those are some awesome photos! What kind of equipment are you using? As far as wanting to be part of the action, I'm sure that people can see the skills you have with a lense and you will be welome in any pit. Getting good shots of the action and fun everybody is having will be welcome addition to just about any team. If you have any trouble with people accepting you into their pits (you won't!) come find #5635, you can hang with us! See you on the salt!
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #982 on: November 08, 2009, 07:36:30 PM »
Terry
Great stuff.Thanks
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #983 on: November 08, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »
Terry, welcome aboard, those are some awesome photos! What kind of equipment are you using? As far as wanting to be part of the action, I'm sure that people can see the skills you have with a lense and you will be welome in any pit. Getting good shots of the action and fun everybody is having will be welcome addition to just about any team. If you have any trouble with people accepting you into their pits (you won't!) come find #5635, you can hang with us! See you on the salt!

Don't you mean #5735
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline bbarn

« Reply #984 on: November 08, 2009, 08:24:58 PM »

Don't you mean #5735

Great, now he will find us!  -Yep, my bad (stupid brain!) 5735
<--- Look, it even said so right there.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 08:38:48 PM by bbarn »
I almost never wake up cranky, I usually just let her sleep in.

Offline thommysgarage

« Reply #985 on: November 10, 2009, 08:36:43 PM »
Hi, I'm Brad Thomas. I've been planning to go LSR for several years, now it's time to make it happen.  I am a retired tool and die maker, now building street rods to make a few bucks. I've done a little drag racing over the years, no fame or fortune. I am a full fledged DIY kind of guy, I must build my own car, engine, electronics, etc. I need to learn as much as possible about this new endeavor, so I will probably be asking some seemingly simple questions. I have been to Maxton a couple of times and I'm really impressed by the great spirit of cooperation  among everyone there. Thanks for  sharing your insights.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #986 on: November 10, 2009, 08:45:22 PM »
Welcome Brad, LSR is just like drag racing except you stay on the gas a bit longer.... There are many places to start... any of the miles....
Mecca even has options.... USFRA 130 and 150 Club, racing for records in August, September and October.  Read everything on this website, then get a rule book, look at USFRA club racer rules online, then just decide what you want to accomplish.... piece of cake....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #987 on: November 10, 2009, 08:55:26 PM »
Brad, we have a meet at El Mirage this week end.  You any where near?
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!

Offline thommysgarage

« Reply #988 on: November 10, 2009, 09:06:44 PM »
I am in Tennessee, quite a ways from El Mirage. I would like to attend a meet there some time, but it will take some planning. I plan to run at Maxton a few times to get myself and equipment sorted out before making the trek to the Salt. I have a 76 Firebird that will be built to run as an altered, maybe with a 78 or 81 nose on it. This depends on the available fiberglass body parts. Thanks for the encouragement.

Offline theazoldcrow

• Yup!
« Reply #989 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:34 PM »
Charles Venable aka "Cajun Kid" on this forum is in N.C. and runs his car at Maxton..  Try to hook up with him and he will help with info about Maxton!
The Earth, is an intergalactic insane asylum.!