Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2274643 times)

Offline landsendlynda

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #885 on: August 28, 2009, 12:02:11 AM »
Welcome to the forum Dan!  Just about any question you can think of will have some kind of an answer here!  Looks like we've got another "Salt Virgin" in the offering!!  :-D

Enjoy the Ride!

Lynda
Volunteer roadblock at Land's End! Yes, you need your stinkin badge! I'm your Dream Keeper, I protect your dream on the asphalt so you can chase your dream on the salt!

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #886 on: August 28, 2009, 12:29:43 AM »
Dan ... ECTA runs 5 events a year in Maxton NC ... 550 miles from you ... not a bad idea to attend an event or two ...

Offline k21john

• New folks
    • Chris Chapman Racing
« Reply #887 on: August 30, 2009, 04:23:38 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is John Mitchell and I live in the UK, I help out and run a website for my brother in law Chris Chapman who races a 72 Rob North Trident T160 bored out to a 930. We have been racing for 2 seasons and Chris won the Stella Cathcart Novice of the Year Trophy for 2008.

We are big fans of early Triples and you can keep up with what we are doing in the UK at www.chrischapmanracing.co.uk

Hope you enjoy the site and we will hopefully be on the Salt for 2010......
It's a Triple thing........ We race a 72 Rob North in the UK - www.chrischapmanracing.co.uk

Offline 1212FBGS

• http://www.motobody.com
« Reply #888 on: August 30, 2009, 04:30:10 PM »
welcome to the site.... does your bro race a real "Rob" bike or one of those brit knock offs?
kent

Offline k21john

• New folks
    • Chris Chapman Racing
« Reply #889 on: August 30, 2009, 04:43:41 PM »
Hi Kent

What Brit knockoffs................

Seriously though Chris picked the bike or should i say box of bit's up about 7 - 8 years ago, Sold his Hurricane to buy it.

It's an original North Frame and Engine, bike was rebuilt as a road bike and used daily for about 3 years or so then we got the racing bug, Chris does most of the prep himself but over at P&Ms shop where a lot of midnight oil is burnt.

Steve Parrish ran about 10 laps at Brands Hatch a few weeks ago and reckoned it was probably the best Brit bike he had ever ridden,

We also have a couple of guys that run a pair of ex Haylock T150 Norths see the web site for photo's they are both very quick 750s but Chris has the edge on most British circuits.

Finally I am a fan of Tom Mellor who is down on the Salt at Bub with his 69' T150 750 and he's hoping for 200 this year which would be quite an achievement for a bike running on regular gas.....

We hope to be there next year.......

Cheers

John
It's a Triple thing........ We race a 72 Rob North in the UK - www.chrischapmanracing.co.uk

Offline Max

• New folks
« Reply #890 on: September 02, 2009, 03:35:48 PM »
New to the forum and was told to check it out by a member on the forum.
We're hosting Florida's first one mile event. 
Anyone with questions or suggestions, feel free to send me a pm. 
Thanks

Offline hotschue

« Reply #891 on: September 02, 2009, 04:48:13 PM »
Hello Max, Welcome to the forum.  Always interested in east coast events.  Where would it be??? Thanks
Udo Horn
221.559 D/CGC '03
182.144 G/GMS 2019

Offline Max

• New folks
« Reply #892 on: September 03, 2009, 04:50:58 PM »
Hello Max, Welcome to the forum.  Always interested in east coast events.  Where would it be??? Thanks

Outside of Miami about 38 miles. 
We are full for this one, but will have another if all goes well Jan 17th 2009
MileMarker-1.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #893 on: September 03, 2009, 05:32:04 PM »
How many entries do you have.
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Max

• New folks
« Reply #894 on: September 04, 2009, 03:02:39 PM »
How many entries do you have.

We are full, 117 entries. 

Offline genghis

• New folks
  • Reed Holly
« Reply #895 on: September 06, 2009, 12:25:06 PM »
Hello, My name is Reed Holly.  I'm in NW Arkansas.  After years of wanting to see Bonneville, I'm on my way to the World Finals.  I have a feeling this could become an expensive hobby. :-)

Offline bignmz04

• New folks
« Reply #896 on: September 06, 2009, 01:34:07 PM »
Hello. My name is Nazif Zaman.
I live In Richmond Tx (on route to Goliad Tx for those who dont know where it is) and have been interested in lsr all my life but never was seriously thinking about it till about last year..
I have been a road racer all my life (wera, cmra, track days here and there) but got tired of it.
When I am ready..I plan to ride a 2004 zx10r (1078 cc full on superbike motor with tim radley heads, two ring race pistons. wsbk cams, bst wheels, ohlins susp, quickshifter. special ap racing brakes etc)  and a 2003 r6 (fx motor from an 05 ama bike)
anybody around here race a 10r?

Offline jim b

• New folks
« Reply #897 on: September 06, 2009, 02:39:19 PM »
Hi it's Jim Benning long time looker, seldom poster. Some from the list already know me as I meet up with a few of the LSR addicted during a trip to San Antonio fall. Congrats on your red hat Fred.

I have been more than casually interested in drag racing racing and LSR for years. Spent a decade in auto parts business and worked a couple of years at Kenz and Leslie in Denver looking at the K&L streamliner everyday when it was parked in their warehouse. Left the automotive business for graphic design and photography but always stayed interested in cars and racing as a spectator.

Now days I do my racing on a bicycle and on a good day I top out a little above 1/2 hp. Have made a couple of trip to Bonneville to photograph and was planning on speed week this year but other plans intervened. I will be at WOS in a next week and may try to add on a visit to El Mirage the weekend before to photograph.

Looking forward to sun, salt and seeing all the people and their cars.

jim

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #898 on: September 06, 2009, 02:45:41 PM »
Jim, welcome to the forum. My 1st trip to the salt was 1953 and the K & L liner was the first one I took a picture of. Bill, Roy and Willie were  a cool bunch of racers.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #899 on: September 06, 2009, 09:54:09 PM »
Thanks Jim, good to hear from you. Welcome to the forum, good to have you here. Look me up next week, Im easy to find in staging bike #473 blue and black Hayabusa. Only guy riding a busa and wearing white BMW leathers. :-D

Fred
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing