(Note: Donations are not tax deductible)

Forum's been "upgraded".
Things will look a bit different.
A *few* posts might have gotten lost in the crossover.
PM bobc with problems, or post in "Website Suggestions".

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1255850 times)

Offline friday

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3705 on: April 22, 2019, 04:24:30 PM »
howdy
always interested racing, always searching for history, cheers Paris nz

Offline Arr

• New folks
« Reply #3706 on: May 02, 2019, 08:12:37 PM »
Just a reintroduction here. Until I lost my pass word, I was rebelce here. In 2000 Ray Hedstrom and I set the XO/VGC record in his '41 Chevy, Inline Fever. Two years before that I was pushing him off the line in my '41 Chevy pickup. The engine from my truck was re-camed and three S&S model B carbs were fitted along with a stepped headers with a merged collector and a megaphone. That engine went into Mark Millers pickup, then the Wayne Special (George Campbells, Salt Circus). I don't know where it is now. So here I am piecing together the makings of an X0/GL which would be good to finish before I die.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #3707 on: May 03, 2019, 05:57:26 AM »
Armond,

Good to see you back here and with a project to work on.  We never grow up, just play with more interesting - and hopefully faster - toys  :-D

Email sent.  Hope to catch up with you again soon.

Stay safe, have fun, and go fast,

Ed

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3708 on: May 03, 2019, 09:24:57 AM »
Several years ago, I made a fuel injection manifold for Ray's 261. But Ray was not able to get back to the salt and run it, Do you know where it is now?

Offline Arr

• New folks
« Reply #3709 on: May 03, 2019, 04:40:18 PM »
Evening Rich, Ray did show those to me. His son Gary took the coupe and most of the parts up to Washington but they did leave a few things. There's another son, Dave still living there and I will contact him for you. Dave's pretty mellow and is trying to build a Bonneville car using the Eelco Wee eel body molds to build a stretched version.

Offline RichFox

« Reply #3710 on: May 03, 2019, 08:33:27 PM »
Thanks. I don't want them back. Just would be cool to see somebody run them. I used a 4 cylinder set and they worked for me.

Offline Arr

• New folks
« Reply #3711 on: May 04, 2019, 02:57:14 PM »
Dave tells me they went to Washington with Gary Hedstrom and the coupe.

Offline BigRedToo

• New folks
« Reply #3712 on: Today at 05:27:33 AM »
Hi there,
New member here but I am a member of the FB Land Speed Racer page. Just looking to gather as much useful info as possible before my first time out to the salt this coming Speed Week.
I will be running car #1150 B/FALT (pending inspection). The car, Big Red Too (yes, I know RJ and he has helped me throughout my build) is a 1975 Chevrolet Laguna S3 Nascar tribute with original steel body, track width, wheelbase and drivetrain location.
I'm really looking forward to participating this year...and hopefully in the year to come.
We'll be flying a Canadian flag over our pits...so feel free to stop by and say hi.
Aaron Jacques
B/FALT
1975 Chevrolet Laguna S3 Nascar tribute.