Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2264877 times)

Offline tauruck

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3675 on: November 01, 2018, 12:09:55 PM »
Hi all, my name Joe Nelson, from the Seattle, Wa area. Have been wanting to participate in LSR at Bonneville since I was a kid.... finally have the time and money to give it a try, at 55 yo. :)
I would like to give it a shot with both a classic (pre 1981) bike, a 1980 Suzuki GS1100e in the 1350cc production class. And, I just bought an old pickup truck specifically for LSR, a 1995 Dodge Ram 2500 standard cab, 2wd, with the Cummins 5.9 diesel. Would like to run this one in the production class also, either at the stock 5.9 liter size, or possibly pump it up to a 7 liter or 426ci if the rules allow. Anybody on here know what the the particular rules are for both my bike and truck? Current records?
The truck will looke just like the Banks/Cummins truck they ran back in 1997. I think they went 141 mph. I'm sure that has been bumped up considerably since.....
Thanks, JN
https://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2000/02/9702_MTRP_02_I_MOS-C.jpg?impolicy=modalgallery

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/dodge/ram-2500/1997/1997-dodge-ram/

55?????. You're a kid around here. When I first joined I asked someone if all the members were into LSR because they were too old to race in other forms?.

The wizard replied "NO,it's because that's how long it takes to get a record!!!!!". :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :wink:

Welcome brother. God Bless you and THIS is the best move you ever made. This is family. Regards, Mike.

Offline TomH88

• New folks
« Reply #3676 on: November 02, 2018, 06:44:45 AM »
Hello everyone

My name is Tom and I work for a British television production company and I was wondering if any of you might be able to help me. We are currently developing a documentary series and are looking for British enthusiasts who build their own racing / speed motor vehicles in their own shed or garage at home and then take them around the world to race or go as fast as they can in places such as Bonneville Salt Flats.

If any of you fit this description of know somebody who does please feel free to email me at tom.hawgood@northonetv.com so I can give you more information.

Thank you so much everyone, sorry to interrupt your forum.
Tom

Offline Red_Kitty

• New folks
« Reply #3677 on: November 06, 2018, 08:23:08 PM »
Hi, my name's Andy and I'm a speedoholic. It's been a month since my last (and first) LSR event.

I'm an English ex-pat based in the Metro Detroit area, and work in the auto industry. 

Just took part in my first ECTA event with a stock (except the last day) Dodge Challenger and had a lot of fun. Looking forward to my next event.   

Offline White Monster

« Reply #3678 on: November 07, 2018, 08:23:55 AM »
I'm an English ex-pat based in the Metro Detroit area, and work in the auto industry. 

Welcome Andy !
What area of England do you call home and what do you do in the auto industry ?
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline Red_Kitty

• New folks
« Reply #3679 on: November 07, 2018, 12:30:14 PM »
I lived for many years on the east side of London in Essex, the home of Ford in the UK.

Today I work for one of the largest original equipment auto parts manufacturers, which makes powertrain, chassis and safety components for pretty much every car manufacturer. 

Offline White Monster

« Reply #3680 on: November 14, 2018, 12:23:40 PM »
I lived for many years on the east side of London in Essex, the home of Ford in the UK.

I lived in Twickenham and St. Margarets on the West Side for a couple years, then up in North Hampton for awhile ... drove a Vauxall while working over there.
Be safe, go fast, have FUN !

Offline Matchless

• New folks
« Reply #3681 on: November 15, 2018, 01:25:04 PM »
Howdy!

I'm also a Brit expat, now in southwest WA, originally from Kent.
My brother still lives there and I'm going to build a Matchless G9 powered machine and have him ride it, maybe 2020 or 2021. I'm a little on the portly and tall side to race anything. I think it'll be a great experience as we don't get to see each other very much.

Cheers!

Rob O

Offline apexfab

• New folks
« Reply #3682 on: November 15, 2018, 02:44:13 PM »
Hi,

My name is Andy and I'm a 33 year old machinist from the Boise, ID area. I grew up in Alaska but I've been in the Treasure Valley off and on for about 20 years. I grew up around snowmobiles, dirt bikes, quads and BMX racing.

I'm currently building a street/strip car. It's a VW beetle with Mazda rotary power. I've never raced cars before, so it will be cool to be able to make a few passes down at the local drag strip. I've been to the salt twice ('17 & '18) and what an experience! I'd like to build a salt flat car in the future but who knows. 

-Andy
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 03:29:42 AM by apexfab »

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3683 on: November 15, 2018, 03:55:35 PM »
Oh, NO!  A Rotary Car!  Everybody plug your ears -- these things are louder than a George Fields motor on 95%!!

Welcome Mr. Andy.  You'll be with other odd folks, yanno. . . :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3684 on: November 15, 2018, 05:08:14 PM »
I raced Rotary powered cars for 5 years and being a "tough" guy I never wore ear plugs.
I said who cares, the motor is behind me!!!!.
Funny thing, the grandstands on the main straight at the old Kyalami track were always devoid of fans when we raced.
They took off to do other stuff. 123 Decibles!. Painful.

Andy, I still love them even though they screwed up my hearing.
Welcome brother. Regards, Mike. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Offline comet

« Reply #3685 on: November 16, 2018, 02:53:56 AM »
Howdy!

I'm also a Brit expat, now in southwest WA, originally from Kent.
My brother still lives there and I'm going to build a Matchless G9 powered machine and have him ride it, maybe 2020 or 2021. I'm a little on the portly and tall side to race anything. I think it'll be a great experience as we don't get to see each other very much.

Cheers!

Rob O

Hi Rob,
Whereabouts in Kent were you from. I am near to Rochester and can almost see the castle from my workplace, originally from Surrey, but moved down to the Garden County about 15 years ago. Dawn and I try to get out for BMST each year. Its not a bad trip from Rochester, the worst part is always the M25 getting to and from the airport.

cheers
John

Offline Matchless

• New folks
« Reply #3686 on: November 21, 2018, 01:35:47 PM »

Hi Rob,
Whereabouts in Kent were you from. I am near to Rochester and can almost see the castle from my workplace, originally from Surrey, but moved down to the Garden County about 15 years ago. Dawn and I try to get out for BMST each year. Its not a bad trip from Rochester, the worst part is always the M25 getting to and from the airport.

cheers
John

Hey John,

I lived in Longfield, went to school in Gravesend. I don't get back very often but I always visit Rochester when I do, love the castle and cathedral.

Rob

Offline Wicked6

• New folks
« Reply #3687 on: December 02, 2018, 07:41:52 PM »
Hi to all, my name is Patrick O’Donnell, go by Pat, and I and 5 others are calling ourselves the Wicked 6 Bonneville Boys.
We are building a G/BGMR Fg bodied T roadster with a 2.0 Ecotec Supercharged engine, 5 speed and QC rear end. We are hot riddlers, and are associated with Wicked Customs here in BC Canada. We build Rods and Customs by day.
Bonneville and ElMirage have always intrigued us, so we decided that 2019 is it. We are not looking for a LSR, just a good 150 + run if possible.
I will be asking questions as we move along.
Regards,
Pat
I started with nothing, I have most of it left.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3688 on: December 03, 2018, 01:26:51 AM »
Welcome Pat.
You'll enjoy your stay.
Wishing you guys in BC all the best. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Mikey.

Offline hoggster

• New folks
« Reply #3689 on: December 05, 2018, 01:26:48 PM »
Hey there. My name is Cliff. I'm a professional land surveyor as well as a professional spender of money on go-fast things. :-D Fresno California native, but I've been all over and I'm back in Fresno for good, it seems.
My oldest son and I went out to El Mirage after I watched the world's fastest indian for 100th time, and man were we impressed! All the people seemed to be really nice and supportive of each other. My son and I talked with Mike Cook for a bit, which was neat. My son thinks he's great because he gave my boy an El Mirage event t-shirt. I didn't know who I was talking to until he introduced himself at the end. haha!
Anyway, we are now working on a bike to run in the 350cc M-BG, but first it will likely run in the M-G or M-F because the blower fab work is going to be pretty tough. I am not new to building, just new to this style. I have pretty decent knowledge about building racing big block chevy's and these little honda cb350's, but I will be needing direction from you guys whenever I can get it. I have read the rule book thoroughly and found a class I think I can get pretty close to the record, if not break it eventually. Funny thing is, I was looking at the 350 M-BF class and just saw another guy by the name of Hogg set a new record, dang it. :-D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 01:29:14 PM by hoggster »