Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2264961 times)

Offline davidwgls

• New folks
    • Product Reviews
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3585 on: August 06, 2017, 05:43:41 AM »
Hey, all!
My name is David.
Just like you, I'm sharing this passion for cars and speed.
I'm currently working as a truck driver.
Not too much to say about me.
I love a clean car. That's why I made a top with the best electric pressure washer for cars. This way my car is always clean.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3586 on: August 06, 2017, 10:47:55 AM »
Welcome guys... most of us are busy getting ready to race, others are giving us salt envy, teasing us with the way Bonneville was before strip mining....
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline arieb

• New folks
« Reply #3587 on: August 14, 2017, 03:50:45 AM »
Hi all,
I am an enthusiastic collector of facts, photos and models of land speed record cars.

A regularly encountered problem being that to get all the facts straight on older records, record cars etc... is usually hindered by a lack of correct information.
Member of the Speed Record Club, but living in the Netherlands where there is hardly even an awareness of the existence of land speed racing, let alone any interest.

So, a big fan, but from a distance.
Still, want to try and get to the salt for once!

Arie

Offline x111103

• New folks
« Reply #3588 on: August 16, 2017, 04:55:05 PM »
Hey everyone.

Aaron here.  Some friends call me Joker, but I answer to either.  I work for a software company as a Cloud Engineer.  I enjoy modern muscle cars, mostly those with a HEMI in them, dogs, racing, and turning my own wrenches.  I have only raced 1/4 mile tracks up till now.  I found an article about the 130mph club and want to give that a try.  I drive a 2011 Mopar Edition Charger.  #678 out of 1000 produced for North America.  I have a co-pilot that goes everywhere with me.  Her name is Lucy and she's my service dog.  I hope she will be allowed out on the salt.  I joined the forum today to see what info I can gather around joining the 130mph club this year.  Hope to see everyone in September.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3589 on: August 16, 2017, 05:08:27 PM »
Yo, Aaron.  It's Slim - the head handlebar holder at the site.  Welcome.  And welcome Lucy.  You'll find out enough stuff about everything here -- but think about bringing boots or something for Lucy.  Lotsa dogs will get salt stuck between the toes and it's really uncomfortable for 'em.  Also water, sunshade,stuff like that-- Lucy might be able to tell you.

Welcome and enjoy it here, you hear me?
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline x111103

• New folks
« Reply #3590 on: August 16, 2017, 05:15:26 PM »
Right on Slim.  I hear ya loud and clear.  Adding boots for Lucy to my checklist. 

Offline Kingdomcome

• New folks
« Reply #3591 on: August 17, 2017, 12:25:34 PM »
Hello hello. I'm new here, don't rly wanna talk too much about myself, just know that i'm a chill dude. Please give me a warm welcome and stuff :D
If you have everything under control, you're not moving fast enough.
This is quoted form Mario Adretti(World champion racing driver)

Offline TheHardOne

« Reply #3592 on: August 19, 2017, 09:07:17 PM »
Hey all, I'm Tyler.  From the Wichita, KS area... A good friend and I have wanted to get into LSR and finally decided we're going to pull the trigger and build/buy a car.  Currently in the research phase, waiting on a couple rulebooks from SCTA-BNI and scouring the internet for general info (and YouTube for videos).  Haven't decided what vehicle platform we want to mess with, we both have a goal to make it to 200mph though.  As for me, I work as an industrial electrician and play bass in a local metal band.  Enjoy wrenching, tinkering, shooting, and will never let a good deal on a guitar pass me by (some say it's a sickness).  I look forward to learning what I can from this forum and can hopefully contribute here and there.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3593 on: August 20, 2017, 12:14:41 PM »
Tyler, there are at least a half dozen salt racers in the Wichita area... PM me a phone number and I will introduce y'all to a few of them. 
Stainless

Buamotorsport

« Reply #3594 on: August 21, 2017, 10:06:54 PM »
Hi everyone. Thought I would update you. The car was on the salt but a persistent problem stopped us running. We know what the problem is but we could not fix it on the Salt despite a huge effort by all our crew. So the race car is back at the race shop for some work and we aim to be at the next race in September on the salt.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:09:31 PM by Buamotorsport »

Offline comet

« Reply #3595 on: August 22, 2017, 07:21:15 AM »
Sorry to hear you and the team had problems Geoff. Good luck getting them ironed out, and best of luck for some good runs in September.

Offline Jruff5585

• Aces and Eights Motorcycles
« Reply #3596 on: August 27, 2017, 08:58:04 PM »
Hi there, I'm John from Texas. This will not be too long since I hate this. I've been playing with bikes since I was a kid. I have a stable of bikes tons of parts, been collecting vintage Kawasaki and some Cb750 hipo parts for quite a while. Bonneville has always been a dream and at this point in my life it's time. So with that said I want to be ready for next season, first off I have no clue and I'm doing, I'm doing all the reading I can and it looks like I might have something I could use to start with Here's where I am, I have a few choices I have a 1972 Denco frame with a 74 Z1 engine that does low 9's high 140's, a 82 KZ 1395cc Smalltire dragbike 2 speed auto, back halved frame under construction 85% done, a CB750 under construction as a R.R. bike with an R.C. ENGINEERING Cobra engine. I really don't want to mess with the Z1 and the KZ is the most complete. I have realistic expectations, but it would be nice to crack 175, or do I need to go get a F.I. Busa. I always wanted one. I ordered a rule book and from the outside looking in drag bikes are not far off from L.S. And believe me I know it's not going to be that simple

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #3597 on: September 10, 2017, 12:27:04 AM »
Been a little busy getting ready for WoS... Welcome guys....
John, everybody had a busa... but if you need one there is a cheap 13 at suzukihayabusa.org
No worries Herald... the guys that aren't accepted are excepted.... :roll:
 :cheers: :cheers:
Stainless

Offline gtldvm1987

• New folks
« Reply #3598 on: September 13, 2017, 12:12:36 AM »
I thought I'd introduce myself.  I joined the forum while crewing for a friend at Speed Week 2017, but this is my first post.  He set a new record, and now I'm hooked.  I'm building a car as we speak for next year.
Damn pocketbook is getting slimmer real fast!

Greg L.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3599 on: September 13, 2017, 06:17:07 AM »
Hay, Greg -- welcome to the fun.  Join the group, tell us some stuff - like who'd you crew for, and where are you, and what do you think you're gonna build, and so on.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com