Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2264869 times)

Offline dw230

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3555 on: March 29, 2017, 11:43:18 AM »
I agree with Rich. My Dad was the Wayne 12 port head guy back in the day. Your combination sounds like 292 Chevy to me. While 320"  is a long way from a GMC 302 block starting point it is even further from a 292. I would be interested in the bore/stroke combination.

Good luck,
DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Joe Timney

• Delaware Chassis Works
« Reply #3556 on: March 29, 2017, 02:15:45 PM »
It was a GMC 302...I was there and saw it run...bad ass car. Set the NHRA record in J/G. Jim is being modest!
Joe Timney
Retired President of ECTA
President of Delaware Chassis Works
President of FIREFOX Fire Suppression System
www.delawarechassisworks.com

Offline theButcher

• New folks
« Reply #3557 on: April 02, 2017, 11:27:27 PM »
They call me the Butcher,

With all rights I have earned the name.  I'm not afraid to cut on a brand new piece to make it fit my needs.

I have been a drag racer for the past 24 years,  and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I have an addiction to fast cars, and old iron.

I am good at buying cars,  and can never seem to sell anything.

Now, Apparently I am that guy,  I joined your forum to sell some parts. 

I'm a drag racer that bought a LSR chassis.
I have no use for the wheels that are on the car.

For sale area, said to introduce myself first.  I will make a donation if I can make a deal.

I'm just a drag racer that bought a LSR chassis.

Offline rustylsr

• New folks
« Reply #3558 on: May 04, 2017, 02:44:48 PM »
Hi, My name is Russ but most all my friends call me Rusty. Im new to LSR. Ive been involved with drag racing in Super stock and Super Gas for years and wanted to make a change. I have my grandfathers 1994 ext cab S10 Im looking to build C/MMP probably naturally aspirated. Just looking to have fun and enjoy the sport. I recently welcomed my first grandchild into the world so Im sure in a few years Jr. Dragsters will take up my time as well. Ive lurked around the forums for awhile and appreciate all the knowledge that's freely passed around. I look forward to learning a lot.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3559 on: May 04, 2017, 08:16:07 PM »
Hi Rusty. Welcome to the forum. The first step is to get a rule book.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3560 on: May 04, 2017, 09:08:07 PM »
Rusty -- first of all, you win the gold star of the day 'cause when you registered you put a real town and state in there.  Lotsa people don't - and then I get the fun of assigning one to them.  You did well, young feller.

Next to a real comment, even if it sounds smart ass (notice, if you haven't already, that certain curse words come out different from what you type):

Get three rule books all at once.[/color][/b][/size]

You'll be wise to use 'em like this:  One for the coffee table, one for the shop, and one for the back of the toilet.  Yeah, sure, you're laughing -- but seriously - that's a good way to have the book handy always for the zillions of things you're gonna want and need to learn from the book.

Okay - we're looking forward to you getting busy with your build.  Let's see some pictures - and in the meantime, don't be silent, you hear?  Welcome.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline TCWorley

• New folks
« Reply #3561 on: May 19, 2017, 11:25:09 AM »
Hi guys,

Another land speed newbie here. My entry into the tribe was to be as a filmmaker. I began following a group of guys here in MN who were building a truck to race at Bonneville. Somewhere along the way I also became the driver! So, much to learn and get caught up on in the next few months. Feel free to suggest reading material and resources for a new driver.

I never dreamed of driving on the salt - I simply wanted to come and experience/shoot speed week. I'm pretty amped to try for a record though. Looking forward to meeting all of you and seeing the vehicles in action.

Best,
T.C. Worley
-T.C.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3562 on: May 19, 2017, 03:47:28 PM »
Welcome TC.... tell us about the truck.... class targeted, etc...
As for reading material... start with the rule book... read it first to get you in the right frame of mind, then several more times to learn all the rules, equipment required and conduct of the meet. 
The last thing you want to do is show up and get sent home because something was overlooked.  Since you are the driver you must already be a BNI member, so your rule book is in hand.  Did you guys get pre-entered?
See you on the salt  8-)
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline TCWorley

• New folks
« Reply #3563 on: May 21, 2017, 01:55:07 PM »
Many Thanks, Stainless1. I do have the rule book, yes - and we are entered and BNI members. Some of our crew visited Bonny last year and got a lot of info for the build. I think in terms of rules and such, we are in great shape to arrive and pass tech.

The Truck will be competing in the Production Mini-truck, pump gas class (G/PMP I believe)

Thanks for the welcome and see you there! :)

Welcome TC.... tell us about the truck.... class targeted, etc...
As for reading material... start with the rule book... read it first to get you in the right frame of mind, then several more times to learn all the rules, equipment required and conduct of the meet. 
The last thing you want to do is show up and get sent home because something was overlooked.  Since you are the driver you must already be a BNI member, so your rule book is in hand.  Did you guys get pre-entered?
See you on the salt  8-)
-T.C.

Offline F-Head

• New folks
    • F-Head
« Reply #3564 on: May 31, 2017, 08:40:24 AM »
Hi All,
I've only just found this forum. My name is Ian Biddle, I'm based in Lincoln, UK and I want to buy/build a bike for one of the LSR classes. Vintage is my way, older the better, I certainly won't be breaking the sound barrier.  I've ordered a rule book and I'm here to learn.
Cheers, Ian
www.f-head.com

Offline PDQ Racing

• New folks
« Reply #3565 on: June 09, 2017, 09:38:25 PM »
Carolina Mike here. Have had the land speed bug for a many years now. Enjoyed the racing when it was at Maxton, NC just a few miles from home. Bonneville is on my bucket list. Planning to make the trip this year. Could use any tips for a first timer. Going to visit this year with plans to run sometime in the future. Am enjoying the read on the forum.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3566 on: June 09, 2017, 09:56:41 PM »
Hi Mike;

Take LOTS of water, sunscreen, a big hat, and a camera. Have Fun!

Offline ol swede

• New folks
« Reply #3567 on: June 23, 2017, 03:56:34 PM »
Hello LSR, Joined the forum to learn as much as much I can about Bonneville as I may finally have the opportunity to make the trip this year.

Going only as a spectator and life long car guy I have friends that say you have to make the journey at least once!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3568 on: June 23, 2017, 06:06:43 PM »
Mr. Swede, sir, dude -- your buddies have it a little bit wrong.  Bonneville is, for many folks, kinda like eating Lay's potato chips.

It's dang near impossible to go JUST once.  Welcome, and - see you on the salt. :-D
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline comet

« Reply #3569 on: June 26, 2017, 03:53:07 AM »
Yep. We did it once. I wanted to be able to say I had stepped on that salt. That was 11 years ago, Been back 7 times since. Still haven't managed to race there though. But heck, being a part of it is the next best thing. Mr Swede, I betcha don't go just the once!
 :cheers: