Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2264875 times)

Online manta22

• What, me worry?
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3450 on: April 25, 2016, 03:14:37 PM »
Jon;

He certainly deserves the benefit of the doubt but he posted the worst introduction to a motorsports forum that I've ever seen.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #3451 on: April 25, 2016, 03:39:46 PM »
I doubt anyone's going to debate you on that one Neil.  :-D :-D :-D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Pete

Offline deadlew

• New folks
« Reply #3452 on: May 26, 2016, 06:36:41 AM »
Good morning all.  I just wanted to say hey.  I've always found LSR fascinating. Even tried to build an 80's Firebird once, but life kind of got in the way.  I mainly build off road toys now since it is more accessible than LSR.  Anyways, thanks for reading and have a good day.

PaulC

Offline Trikejunkie

• New folks
  • Bikes done ............TECH to pass !
« Reply #3453 on: June 14, 2016, 03:42:00 PM »
Hi, my name is Jim McGregor ,motorcyclist for 36 yrs - commonly known as Chris Ireland's "pit wallah".This year I'm building an Indian 741 engined 101 special framed bike to give speed week 2017 a go. Hopefully to catch the 500 AVG record ,who knows I might manage! I will prob ask stupid questions but please be gentle with me! I will post pics when I have decent ones to put on .

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3454 on: June 14, 2016, 06:21:26 PM »
Welcome, Jim.  You've found a good place to hang out as you make your bike, so stick around.  Give us a hint where you are, too, by putting your town, etc, in the Profile on the registration page.  Thanks.

Don't forget to expect us to hassle you if you don't post enough photos of the bike as you build. :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline btucker

• New folks
« Reply #3455 on: July 03, 2016, 03:30:18 PM »
Happy 4th of July weekend! I'm Bruce Tucker. Been a member of the San Diego Roadster Club since 1986. Was president of the club for 10 years. Set records at El Mirage in F/GC, D/GC, D/GAlt and D/GCC. Got in the Bonneville 200 MPH Club in 1995 (D/GC). Currently GM and EFI tuning guy at JBA Speed Shop which also serves as the club house for SDRC. After focusing on land speed racing for 10 years, got into open track events at Willow Springs, Auto Club Speedway and Buttonwillow. Enjoy going around turns fast especially next to other cars. Currently have too many projects (aka cars) for my own good ha ha. Not too into SCTA politics or forums, but this seems like a good one. -bt

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3456 on: July 03, 2016, 04:13:25 PM »
Hi Bruce. Good to see you on the forum.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Online manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3457 on: July 04, 2016, 01:30:29 PM »
Bruce;

Nice to have another on this forum who likes to go around corners.

Regards, Neil  BGMS

Offline Gus

• New folks
    • WA Rookie team hudson terraplane B/CGALT
« Reply #3458 on: July 04, 2016, 07:38:48 PM »
Hi I'm Gus from Western Australia. Just started a build for B/CGALT for DLRA meet next year. We have a 36 Hudson Terraplane sedan and basicly a lot of questions. We have a running build diary on the DLRA forum if you're interested, early days yet.

http://www.dlra.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2780

So i've joined up to get a little help, we will be the first to run in our class in Australia, so not too much info out there yet, we follow the same rules as SCTA i believe so hopefully the rest of you mob can help us out a bit.

Cheers

Offline neandethal

« Reply #3459 on: July 12, 2016, 08:31:02 AM »
Hi

new on here and planning to have a go at some British records to start with and work my way up to El Mirage or Bonneville. Sticking with tiddlers, 50cc/100cc as cheaper to get into, sure i'll be asking advise at some point, regards, Ian.

Offline wobblywalrus

« Reply #3460 on: July 13, 2016, 12:41:46 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Ian.  There are a lots bike racers here and we can help you or make you more confused, or both.  Those Straightliner events are a lot of fun.

Offline duocentodownunder

• New folks
« Reply #3461 on: July 19, 2016, 04:45:49 AM »
Hi my name is Ian Mackellar and I am in the process of building a Studebaker Avanti for the salt down here in Australia for Lake Gairdner. I have had the pleasure of driving a car at Bonnevillle on more than one occasion on the way to Salt LakeCity and beyond in the off season. I am a member of the Dry Lakes Racers Australia. My first question is ,is there any upside to galvanising the chassis to protect it from the corrosive salt?

Offline Peter Jack

« Reply #3462 on: July 19, 2016, 04:57:40 AM »
Hi Ian, welcome to the forum.

While there may be some advantage from a corrosion protection perspective galvanizing would make the chassis a real pain to work on from a welding perspective. Galvanizing gives off really ugly fumes and smoke and contributes to a weaker weld, something you don't want when fabricating a roll cage. I'd look for another alternative to limit salt corrosion.

Pete

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #3463 on: July 19, 2016, 05:41:44 AM »
Welding galvanized metal can be fatal from fumes.   There are a lot of ways to protect that would be easier and effective.

Joe

Offline Deltadog

• New folks
« Reply #3464 on: July 20, 2016, 06:13:07 PM »
Just want to say hey and introduce myself my name is Dale Thomas and I'm 40 years old and married and have three great kids that keep me running. I'm a locomotive engineer by trade but have been into anything with an engine since I can remember just looking to gain more insite to the sport and life of land speed racing I have became very drawn to it as of late thanks and hope to learn a lot.
It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.