Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2264885 times)

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3360 on: June 18, 2015, 10:54:01 AM »
Welcome Shawn! Welcome Eric! This forum is the place you want to be for the info you need to put your best foot forward on the salt. Great people, great info!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline bdwilson24

• New folks
    • Eagle Works Advanced Vehicle Lab
« Reply #3361 on: June 26, 2015, 09:39:21 PM »
My name is Ben. I am a student at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, Arizona majoring in mechanical engineering with a focus on propulsion. I consider myself to be less of one of the purely theoretical engineering students and more of a hands-on practical guy.

I grew up in a very small farm town in northern California and loved it. Most of my skills around the shop came from racing speedway motorcycles, modern and vintage motocross, working in a production machine shop for a few years, and working with crop dusters.

I am currently part of two major projects at my school:

1) Eagle Works Advanced Vehicle Lab: Building an electric LSR car for the E-1 class to reach 250 mph by Speed Week 2016
2) Eagle Space Flight Team: Building the first student-designed rocket to reach space (suborbit)

With my background, I know that to succeed in either of these projects, I've got to learn from the people that have actual experience, which is why I joined this forum. A few members of our team also plan to make it up to Speed Week 2015 to get a good feel for Bonneville and to meet some of the people in the LSR crowd. I'm excited to have my first experience on the salt, an to soon have my own project out there!

Offline burbanite

• New folks
« Reply #3362 on: July 09, 2015, 04:13:26 PM »
Greetings,

My name is Steve, I'm a Kiwi living in SoCal. I've worked in motor racing all of my life (I'm more than 50, less than 60...)   

My involvement has included F1, F2, F3, Indycar, Sportscars, powerboats and the list goes on. I've built and owned hot rods and race boats and have always had an interest in LSR events but have never attended one, mainly because my own race schedule prevents it. The closest I have come is having a previous workmate involved back in the 90's, a member of the Nish family, he drove the Royal Purple liner at Bonneville with his father and brothers... http://www.cityweekly.net/utah/mike-nish-why-we-go-fast/Content?oid=2158460

My wife recently had the bright idea that we should attend Speed week this year and I readily agreed! To be sure that she wasn't biting off more than she can chew for both of us newbies I thought it might be a good idea to take her to El Mirage this weekend to give ourselves a teaser, hopefully she survives it and is keener than ever.   :wink:

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Offline Avanti Kid

• 2006 Member of Bonneville 200 MPH Club
« Reply #3363 on: July 11, 2015, 01:49:48 PM »
Good idea Steve for you and wife to go to El  Mirage for a warm-up for Speed Week at Bonneville, we all know you both will get what we call Salt fever!  :cheers:
Original owner of 1963 Avanti; Age 84
2006 Bonneville 200 MPH Club Member
Canyon Country, CA
215.6 mph 289 CI Studebaker engine

Offline Guardrail

• New folks
  • Stan complained
« Reply #3364 on: July 14, 2015, 03:54:44 PM »
Hello, my name is Willie Martin and I've been hangin' around LSR stuff for a while. The Road Runners meet at my shop - Ed Martin Garage and I currently drive the San Berdoo Roadsters C/STR. I've bee lurking for a while and figured that it's about time to jump in.
Affiliate San Berdoo Roadsters

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #3365 on: July 14, 2015, 04:03:35 PM »
Good to see you here Willie.  :cheers: Wayno

Offline Guardrail

• New folks
  • Stan complained
« Reply #3366 on: July 14, 2015, 05:19:45 PM »
Thanx Wayno, 'spose you recognize the car, eh?
Affiliate San Berdoo Roadsters

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #3367 on: July 14, 2015, 06:00:35 PM »
Hmmmm. That does look familiar.  :roll: Wayno

Offline Eldon S

• New folks
« Reply #3368 on: July 15, 2015, 12:51:00 PM »
Hello

My name is Eldon Stege and am from Lincoln Ne.  I have been helping a buddy with his C/FALT Trans Am for a few years now.  Made it to World of Speed in 2012.  We make 1 attempt to race a year so was unlucky and picked the wrong event the last 2 years and both were rained out.  We have decided to bring the car out to Speedweek if they are able to get any sort of track ready.  So hopefully will see Most of you in a couple weeks.

Offline Freud

« Reply #3369 on: August 01, 2015, 11:48:48 PM »
Wiley Martin, are your shots up to date?

Your car owner can take care of that at no charge.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3370 on: August 02, 2015, 12:01:20 AM »
hey Aksarben... hate to tell you but you may have picked badly again... no Speedweek on the salt.... they are running a mile at Mojave as a consolation race..  I'd pick the WoS again... it is your next chance.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline midwestcustom

• New folks
« Reply #3371 on: August 04, 2015, 11:25:37 PM »
Hi all! New guy here studying the ins and outs of this incredible sport.  Ive always been a drag racer and this year Ive decided I'm going to put together a car for lsr.  My name is Rich Mathews, and I'm a 43 year  old  street rod builder in Illinois. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions and am looking forward to meeting you guys both on here and on the salt!

Offline saz

• New folks
« Reply #3372 on: August 08, 2015, 12:08:21 AM »
Newby  my name is Hal and I am a speedoholic, if it burns fuel I love it  I have been involved in one or some other sort of motorsport for most of my life. motorbikes, jetboat, drag racing, etc. After visiting speed week a few years ago, I now have the bug and so do a few of my buds, so we are putting together a 27 full fender roadster. We will need lots of help on this new journey.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3373 on: August 08, 2015, 11:09:04 PM »
Open the pod bay doors, HAL.

Welcome to LSR guys.  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline altamont boozer

• New folks
« Reply #3374 on: August 11, 2015, 12:31:20 AM »
Hi My name is Justin and you guessed it, I live right next to the Altamont and I like beer.
I'm a drag racer by nature-I run an injected Cadillac motor in a front engine dragster on an 8.60 index but there's a special place in my heart for Bonneville too.
I plan on running a pre-unit factory hard-tail triumph at the world finals this year. I ran it at BUB a few years ago and had some minor magneto issues but I friggin loved it.