Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2264891 times)

Offline Freaky1

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3135 on: July 30, 2014, 06:49:40 AM »
Thanks for the welcome.

John, we'll be sure to track you down and say hello.

Welcome to Fiatdude. I've had multiple VW's but never a Ghia, that's a great looking car.

Offline martine

• Vero Drive - Advanced Driving Coaching
« Reply #3136 on: August 01, 2014, 08:43:29 AM »
Hello there...I'm Martin from Bristol,UK and have had a long interest in the LSR.  I am a Bloodhound SSC 'Ambassador' and love sharing the project with the public at talks I do and events I help with.

Not quite sure how I missed this forum for all this time but still, I'm here now and looking forward to engaging in discussion about these amazing projects and people.

I'm a real 'petrol-head' (is that a UK term?) and have a performance car, a classic motorbike and until recently, was a private pilot.  I'm an advanced driving instructor (road) but I think that's something peculiar to the UK - there doesn't seem to be any equivalent elsewhere.  :-(

Anyway - that's me.
Martin - Bloodhound LSR ambassador

Offline Tom Howland

• New folks
« Reply #3137 on: August 01, 2014, 12:58:49 PM »
Good morning,
 Guess I'm doing this backwards. Our team has been participating in Speed Week since 2007. And I find this Forum this year. After reading the Australian Belly Tank build diary for 3 months I had to become part of this. Every year I still get the excitement knowing we're going to Bonneville. Will load the trailer this Wed. and head out Sat. morning. See you on the salt.
Tom

Offline Team Mad Mex

• New folks
« Reply #3138 on: August 01, 2014, 01:59:32 PM »
Hello to all! We are a new team (3 at the moment) from Brownsville Texas in the process of building a Streamliner cycle, we will be at Bonneville to see how it all works, but next year we hope to make a few passes down the salt, this year we are gathering and learning all we can, hope to meet some of you if not all!!

And may the God of speed be in your favor
Ricardo T
Team Mad Mex

Offline DND

« Reply #3139 on: August 01, 2014, 09:24:41 PM »
Mr.T

You should go back later in the year to the BUB shoot out , to see a bunch of bike liners

Welcome & enjoy

G Don

Online manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3140 on: August 01, 2014, 09:28:40 PM »
Hello there...I'm Martin from Bristol,UK and have had a long interest in the LSR.  I am a Bloodhound SSC 'Ambassador' and love sharing the project with the public at talks I do and events I help with.

Not quite sure how I missed this forum for all this time but still, I'm here now and looking forward to engaging in discussion about these amazing projects and people.

I'm a real 'petrol-head' (is that a UK term?) and have a performance car, a classic motorbike and until recently, was a private pilot.  I'm an advanced driving instructor (road) but I think that's something peculiar to the UK - there doesn't seem to be any equivalent elsewhere.  :-(

Anyway - that's me.

Welcome, Martin. Will you be at Speed Week this month?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Slide

« Reply #3141 on: August 02, 2014, 04:02:28 PM »
Hello! Charles from the Bay Area of California...

Been running various road race cars for the last 20 years...omg...

I heard somewhere that the fastest speed for a Subaru STI was 201.1mph...and thought...heck why not!

Never done this before, so want to start off...slow..ish...so currently just rebuilding the motor to be reliable at boost for a bit. About to start looking at rule books and trying to see what's what!

Online manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3142 on: August 02, 2014, 04:45:45 PM »
Charles;

Welcome to this forum. That rule book is the Bible as far as LSR is concerned.

bellytankruss

Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3143 on: August 03, 2014, 09:58:22 PM »
Hello , my name us Russ and I currently live in albuquerque nm. Ive followed the sport for years and finally decieded to start a car. I appricate all the time effort and info on these pages and hope to learn and grow in the sport.

Offline martine

• Vero Drive - Advanced Driving Coaching
« Reply #3144 on: August 04, 2014, 03:25:19 PM »

Anyway - that's me.

Welcome, Martin. Will you be at Speed Week this month?

Ahhh love to sometime but can't afford to go this year.  There was a tv documentary about speed week and some of the Brits that compete earlier this year...amazing place, amazing engineering and amazing people.  What a great event - we have nothing like this in the UK. 

Speed week and the Reno air races are on my personal 'hit-list'.
Martin - Bloodhound LSR ambassador

Offline Team Mad Mex

• New folks
« Reply #3145 on: August 04, 2014, 08:22:46 PM »
Mr.T

You should go back later in the year to the BUB shoot out , to see a bunch of bike liners

Welcome & enjoy

G Don
Thanks Mr DND we also plan to hit the bike speed trials later in the month!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3146 on: August 05, 2014, 06:57:36 PM »
Hello to all! We are a new team (3 at the moment) from Brownsville Texas in the process of building a Streamliner cycle, we will be at Bonneville to see how it all works, but next year we hope to make a few passes down the salt, this year we are gathering and learning all we can, hope to meet some of you if not all!!

And may the God of speed be in your favor
Ricardo T
Team Mad Mex

Welcome Ricardo. Mike.

Offline Sam

• New folks
« Reply #3147 on: August 06, 2014, 05:12:02 PM »
Hi Guys,

My name is Sam Marsden and I am a member of Project Velocity which is a student Team based in Ireland.
As you can guess from me posting on this forum, my team and I are attempting to break a land speed record. The one we're going after is Burt Munro's.

I have been out to the salt flats and met a lot of people, all great guys and it's a great community.  If you want to know more about our project and see some of our designs, follow these links

http://projectvelocity-bonneville.com/
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Project-Velocity/405910939554934
https://twitter.com/Pro_VELOCITY

Offline TrickyDicky

« Reply #3148 on: August 06, 2014, 05:48:56 PM »
Hi Guys,

My name is Sam Marsden and I am a member of Project Velocity which is a student Team based in Ireland.
As you can guess from me posting on this forum, my team and I are attempting to break a land speed record. The one we're going after is Burt Munro's.

Mmmm.  Light the blue touch paper and stand well back . . . .

Offline DND

« Reply #3149 on: August 06, 2014, 10:04:33 PM »
Hi BellyTank

I take it from your name here you just might be building a Tank of all things, to run on the great white dyno

If so what class and type of engine, blown or un-blown

Tanks for ever !!!

G Don