Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2264944 times)

Offline Strokerface

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3060 on: June 04, 2014, 02:03:51 PM »
Stroker-how many times a day is watching Worlds Fastest Indian too many? Check out Ab Jenkins next.

That depends on if Offerings to the God of Speed is included. Also, weekday or weekend  :lol:

edit - I have seen Boys of Bonneville but only once...
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 02:05:35 PM by Strokerface »

Offline Jay Lane

• New folks
« Reply #3061 on: June 05, 2014, 03:45:48 PM »
My name is Jay Lane and I am from Dallas Texas.  I have a 2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Opulent Blue 6-spd manual 597rwhp/575rwtq.  I'm somewhat new to land speed racing and I've competed at the Texas Mile 3 times now (March '13, October '13 and March '14.). Needless to say, I'll be back in October '14.

I was completely hooked after my first pass and I'm here to learn as much as I can.  I appreciate all of your help and I promise not to be a stupid newb or a PIA!  I would also love to help in any way I can and hopefully meet some of you in real life?

Thank you,
Jay

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3062 on: June 05, 2014, 09:06:30 PM »
Jay, welcome.

Enjoy the stay. :cheers:

Mike.

Offline Little Puke

• New folks
« Reply #3063 on: June 09, 2014, 04:14:28 PM »
Hello,
I'm Gus Jackson, son of "Don Jackson" (or as you people know him "Salt27"). I've been going to Bonneville since I was eleven years old and Speed Week 2014 will mark my eighth year of a mid-August vacation on the Salt Flats.

Currently I live under the same roof as my parents in Yoncalla Oregon, but soon will be living in Eugene Oregon when I start attending college this September.

Last year my dad let me race our motorcycle at Bonneville for the first time of my life, it was an awesome experience, not to mention I was fortunate enough to get my name in the record books.

I've helped Jon and Nancy Wennerberg out some with their Salt Talks BBQ, some of you guys might know me as that pesky kid always asking people to buy raffle tickets.

Along with the my father and the Wennerbergs, Dr. Freud has been a great mentor for me; he taught me what Bonneville is truly about, provided tips on how to race safely, and also made me aware of what a great opportunity Bonneville grants to us racers.

Cheers,
Gus

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
« Reply #3064 on: June 09, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
Welcome, Gus!

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3065 on: June 09, 2014, 06:21:50 PM »
When I got the notice of a new Forum member I thought it might be you, Gus, using the name that Freud has used when talking about or to you.  Welcome to the Forum.  I expect that you've got some idea of what goes on here, if for no other reason than you've heard your dad laughing or cursing (as the situation may bring about) while reading on it.  Since you've got some great experience at Bville already I expect you know enough folks that you also know that we'll do our best to help you along iuf and when you come up with questions that need answering (about racing, that is.  You're on your own to get answers to most of your college courses).

One more time:  Welcome, Joel Augustus.  It's good to have you here.  Say hi to the old guy that hangs around with you, please.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Little Puke

• New folks
« Reply #3066 on: June 09, 2014, 10:35:08 PM »
Jon,
Thank you for acknowledging my appearance on this site. I'll now be able to keep tabs on my dad, and hopefully help you out with keeping him in line. Also, I'll have you know, the old guy who lives with me claims he's only seven. I wasn't quite sure how to react to his response. But I'll just pretend it's the early stages of dementia.

-Gus

Offline Speed Limit 1000

« Reply #3067 on: June 09, 2014, 10:41:06 PM »

-Gus
[/quote]
Jon,
Thank you for acknowledging my appearance on this site. I'll now be able to keep tabs on my dad, and hopefully help you out with keeping him in line. Also, I'll have you know, the old guy who lives with me claims he's only seven. I wasn't quite sure how to react to his response. But I'll just pretend it's the early stages of dementia.

-Gus
Gus,
Just how some of us old kids roll :roll: :cheers:
John Gowetski, red hat @ 221.183 MPH MSA Lakester, Bockscar #1000 60 ci normally aspirated w/N20

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #3068 on: June 09, 2014, 10:52:45 PM »
Welcome Jay. Welcome Gus. Thanks for joining us.
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline SidewaysSyd

• New folks
« Reply #3069 on: June 12, 2014, 04:53:07 PM »
Hi - I'm Syd Wall from Stratford upon Avon in the UK. I've been fascinated by Bonneville since I first got interested in motor sport in the 1960s and this year I realise my dream by coming to 2014 Speed Week. I'm a rally sport photographer and am looking forward to getting masses of atmospheric images from my few days there. I've already made contact with Anthony Huntimer who's given me much useful information so far, but will be coming back to the forum to ask numerous questions before August.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #3070 on: June 12, 2014, 04:57:26 PM »
Howdy, Syd, and thanks for joining the Forum.  If you've been in touch with Mr. Huntimer you've likely been told this, but if you're desirous of press credentials so you can photograph for fun AND profit you'll need to get said permission from SCTA.  I'd suggest that you contact JoAnn Carlson, the secretary, to being the arrangements.  If you're photographing only for personal pleasure there aren't any requirements - as far as I know - but with the credentials you'll get a cool safety green vest to wear and maybe - just maybe - some access to stuff that a mere "civilian" wouldn't have.  No promises there, of course.

Stop by at the Seldom Seen Slim pit for a howdy when you're out there, too.  We'll see you on the salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SidewaysSyd

• New folks
« Reply #3071 on: June 12, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »
Thanks Slim..I will drop in, whether I'm wearing the green vest or not. But I'll be trying for accreditation - working on letters from editors now.

Offline Freud

« Reply #3072 on: June 12, 2014, 06:37:02 PM »
Even w/o a credential you will be able to get enough fotos for more stories

than you can write. A credential is the least of your worries.

Trust me.

This will be my 141st trip since 1963.

FREUD

www.target550.com

Treit and Davenport AA Fuel Streamliner
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:39:30 PM by Freud »
Since '63

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3073 on: June 12, 2014, 08:06:07 PM »
Syd - there will be some British tin running about - might make you feel right at home.

Stop by Salt Talks - I'll put aside an Old Speckled Hen for you.

Chris
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Matt Cramer

• New folks
« Reply #3074 on: June 18, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »
My name is Matt Cramer. I work for DIYAutoTune.com tech support and so far have been to Bonneville once, helping out with a couple cars there, as well as doing some wrenching on Jerry Hoffmann's 240SX land speed project. I live in the Atlanta area.