Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2264897 times)

Offline Stan Back

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #3030 on: May 11, 2014, 07:52:34 PM »
Best, and probably quickest, way to get SCTA Rule Books and goodies is to order direct from the store on their website --scta-bni.org
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Hitman Hotrods

• New folks
    • Hitman Hotrods
« Reply #3031 on: May 12, 2014, 08:42:04 PM »
Hello, I am new to this site and look forward to all the reading, information and people on this site. I hope to make it to the Salt some time in the next 24 months. Our shop will begin a build of a D/GCC car. We have a lot to learn so bear with us.

Cheers
Scott Forbes
Hitman Hotrods Inc.

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #3032 on: May 12, 2014, 10:18:56 PM »
Welcome Scott, Seldom Seen Slim is going to ask you to put where you are from in your profile, if not he will make up a city name for you.

You will learn a lot from the builds on this forum, read men all if you can, what does not apply directly to your build will be background info that will help you enjoy the experience.

Good luck with your build.

BR
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3033 on: May 12, 2014, 11:37:00 PM »

Devan Body, tube frame, slant six engine. Raced '65-68, set class record in 1966. Restoring it to original 1966 specs. Rear body has been highly modified, front is all original, was on ebay a few years ago for sale. Does not look like profile pic at this time, hoping to restore it to look of pic.

Thanks,

Chris

I think your car was a topic of discussion a few years back - Singer suspension, slant 6 with some cool goodies thrown in with the deal?

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,3502.msg45006.html#msg45006

If I'm not mistaken, the owner - or at least the person selling the car on eBay - was here in Wisconsin, and I think the pictures for the auction were taken at Crites Field.

Good luck with it, and keep us in the loop on your progress.

"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline salt27

« Reply #3034 on: May 13, 2014, 12:05:09 AM »
Chris, I think this one, there not the same are they?

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,12128.0.html

Offline Milwaukee Midget

• Global Moderator
    • Milwaukee Midget Racing
« Reply #3035 on: May 13, 2014, 12:16:06 AM »
Yeeesh - these Devins - they're becoming as common as Studebakers . . .

The Slant 6 was what steered me toward the one I remember.

Tom G. - help us out with this one!
"Problems are almost always a sign of progress."  Harold Bettes
Well, I guess we're making a LOT of progress . . .  :roll:

Offline Ted Hlokoff

• New folks
  • sc GTS and TT GTS
    • Viper Nation
« Reply #3036 on: May 13, 2014, 09:33:04 PM »
Ted Hlokoff.

Older Street racer.  Mopar man.  Spent 10 years building race and show cars as Race Tech.   Porting heads, engine builds, chassis builds and custom stuff was what fed my kids.  I've owned every HP Dodge built except Hemis (old Hemis).  Learned forced induction and fuel injection from the old Turbo dodges.  After getting to a 350hp 2.2 I gave up on FWD (although I still have a couple cars and parts) and moved to AWD Stealth TT.  Got spanked by a Z06 about 120mph and upgraded to a supercharged Viper GTS.  Been hooked ever since. 

I'm from the Pacific Northwest.  90 miles from Central Coast of BC at Anahim Lake.

I have a couple (99 and 01) Viper GTSs.  One is supercharged and 720hp.  Runs 180mph in the standing mile at 6500' alt at Ely during SSCC events.

My other (Twin turbo) Viper is a American Racing Technologies built 1100hp at 10psi. I went 215mph short geared at Mojave Mile.  Seeing that most of the LS records are about 250mph with 1100hp I think I've got all the power I'll need.  Just can't get rear gears with my .75 sixth gear.  My 26" tires aren't going to let me go fast enough. 

Production GT is the class.   Steve Green is an old neighbor of mine and has offered to help out with tech. 

Dan Cragin (Viper Tuner from the Oreca glory days to the present) has offered to help.  Steve Green is an old neighbor of mine and has gracefully offered to advise me on tech. 

I have decided to give the Salt Flats a shot as my buddy and fellow Viper afficiando Darryl Weflen is also going to be running his ex-Fat Albert Land Speed GTS as well.  Hoping to be ready for Salt in Sept. 
I sucessfully street raced for 25 years (Gov stole drag strip).  I built Show and Race cars for 10 years professionally.  Have been doing well racing Half, Mile and Open Road Rally last few years.  I have many Mopars in my yard, 2 Vipers, 3 Stealth TTs, 440 Duster, 340 Demon, and a dozen project cars.

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3037 on: May 14, 2014, 10:19:43 PM »
Welcome Ted.

Have a blast.

Only good guys here as you'll find out. :-D

Mike.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #3038 on: May 14, 2014, 10:26:11 PM »
Does a twin-turbo Viper qualify as a production GT?

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ
Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline Freud

« Reply #3039 on: May 14, 2014, 10:27:59 PM »
That looks to be a bad actor Mopar.

Bring it to the Bonneville NW Reunion in Portland next February.

FREUD

Since '63

Offline Ted Hlokoff

• New folks
  • sc GTS and TT GTS
    • Viper Nation
« Reply #3040 on: May 15, 2014, 12:53:50 AM »
All my life I've noticed that there are very few serious car guys that are thieves or losers.  I guess it's hard to have drug/drinking habits and still be a serious car guy?   :roll:

Production is GT. Blown (Twin Turbo) is BGT.  SVSset a few Land Speed Records back in the early and late parts of the 2000 decade with his 97 Twin Turbo Viper GTS. His 2007 record was 247mph He was running E85 and had a tapered nose on his car. 

My Viper will be the Black GTS and my buddy Darryl will be running a A/MS White Viper GTS (Fat Albert's old LSR car).  I believe he's going for more than 227mph and I'm aiming for somewhere around 240 to 260mph.

Looking forward to getting there and hope it doesn't get flooded out like last year. 

Until then, I'm just bleeding money and trying to get my fast Viper done.  I drive my supercharged Viper throughout the summer.
I sucessfully street raced for 25 years (Gov stole drag strip).  I built Show and Race cars for 10 years professionally.  Have been doing well racing Half, Mile and Open Road Rally last few years.  I have many Mopars in my yard, 2 Vipers, 3 Stealth TTs, 440 Duster, 340 Demon, and a dozen project cars.

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #3041 on: May 15, 2014, 09:20:44 AM »
Ted, start a build diary to show us what you have... oh, the bleeding never stops but speed makes it better.
 :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Ted Hlokoff

• New folks
  • sc GTS and TT GTS
    • Viper Nation
« Reply #3042 on: May 15, 2014, 01:36:58 PM »
As much as I thought this would be easy ... it seems that because of my hood shape I may have a disadvantage.  Cooling seems to become a problem after 200mph and I will probably have inherent problems with side mounted turbos and cooling intake air.

I received a long list of issues for going to the warp zone on the high side of 220mph. 

Here's a link to my car's build thread on my web forum The Viper Garage

http://thevipergarage.com/index.php/topic,991.0.html

For articles on Viper competition, the old Viper Club events and just plain fun ...  www.vipernation.com is my ezine

FBR81

« Reply #3043 on: May 19, 2014, 02:16:40 PM »
Hi Guys! New to land speed racing so thought I would join here and do some reading! Planning on making my first trip to Bonneville this year and cant wait. I have a 81 Buick Regal that I was planning on building as a drag car but now might change my mind. A 81 Regal might not be the best car for LSR but nothing is set in stone as of yet. I got alot of homework to do first and rulebook is in the mail! Looks like a great place here and lots to be learned. Thanks guys!

Offline tauruck

« Reply #3044 on: May 20, 2014, 05:22:30 PM »
Welcome and enjoy the stay. :cheers:

Mike.