Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267609 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2415 on: November 07, 2012, 06:24:34 PM »
Goat nipples2002   Welcome to the forum. First is to tell us a little more about yourself, what area you live in etc. We have people all over the country & world that could help you if they live near you. This LSR forum is loaded with information. There are a few of us old timers that can direct you where you need to go. :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline TRT1954

• New folks
Re: Another ECTA newbie
« Reply #2416 on: November 07, 2012, 08:13:12 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I read the Hot Rod mag article about the Ohio Mile and decided that I would like to try it out. I have drag raced on & off for 35 years. I have been autocrossing for 6 years so now it is time to try something new.

I joined ECTA to get a rule book so that I can get ready over the winter so I will have many more questions.
My plan is to use the 93 Corvette that I autocross with.
Looking forward to it.

Tim T.

Sounds like a great plan Tim. I spent time in Ohio going college and autocrossed at OSU and some other venues. You'll really enjoy the ECTA Group - we'll work to be sure you are safe and fast. If I can help with info or contacts let me know. Welcome Aboard!!

Geo Turner
For the Geezers

Thanks Geo
Tim Terrill
2014 Challenger

Offline FoundSoul

• MegaSquirt Your Mind!
    • DIYAutoTune.com
« Reply #2417 on: November 08, 2012, 09:52:43 AM »
Goatnipples.... how can I forget a screen name like that?   ;)

Still running the MegaSquirt-I or have you bumped up to MS2/MS3 yet?  How's that Mustang running for you?

At any rate, welcome to the forums.... careful tho... there's a salt bug going around here that's harder to get rid of than herpes.  (only speaking from personal experience on the salt bug, not the latter)  ;)
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
http://www.DIYAutoTune.com and http://AMPEFI.com
13 Records total held at the ECTA Ohio Mile (as of 9/2015)
Fastest so far-- AA/BGC Record @ 217.3913mph September 2015  -- MS3Pro Engine Management and a little 3.0 liter

Congrats to our customers:
Lee Sicilio - 1969 Daytona Charger #97 - Bonneville A/BGALT Record Holder - 273.514mph - MegaSquirt-3 EFI and Ignition Control
Gary Hart - 1953 Studebaker #787 - Bonneville AA/BGALT Record Holder - 240.984mph - MegaSquirt-1 EFI and Ignition Control
Frank Kinney - Black Opel Racing #6666 - Bonneville E/GMS Recond Holder - 208.974mph - MegaSquirt-3 EFI and Ignition Control

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #2418 on: November 09, 2012, 04:42:54 PM »
Hey, everyone:

Gary from the Bronx here. Currently starting work on a 300zx with a swapped-in 351w (I've entertained the idea of just going straight to a BBF, but I have the 351 block in hand). Would love to run it at Wilmington at some point next year or the year after (I believe it's at least a little closer to me than Maxton was!), and then eventually on the salt. Will be joining ECTA and getting a rule book, and I'll try to keep everyone posted on the progress. If there are any land-speed folks in the New York City area, feel free to drop me a line!  :-D
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2419 on: November 09, 2012, 04:59:52 PM »
Gary ...  there are a few local land speed racers ... my brother and nephews and me are from Nassau County ... If I can help in any way just send me a note.

Joe

Offline Gary Perkinson

« Reply #2420 on: November 09, 2012, 09:50:00 PM »
Gary ...  there are a few local land speed racers ... my brother and nephews and me are from Nassau County ... If I can help in any way just send me a note.

Joe

Hey, Joe...sounds good. Where are you in Nassau County? Did you make it through the storm okay? Would love to hear what you guys are doing on the LSR front...

Gary
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1 mile)     143.313
LTA   G/BGALT Record (1.5 mile)  148.321
LTA   F/PRO Record (1 mile)         114.668

Offline JasonS

« Reply #2421 on: November 10, 2012, 05:11:09 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is Jason and I live in Versailles, KY. I have always had a side interest in land speed racing, and a conversation with a buddy of mine at work while we were bored kinda sparked the interest again. I started searching the internet and found this site along with the ECTA. I am going to try to make it to at least one event up there in Ohio next year as it is only 3 hours away. My work schedule will dictate that though. I don't know if I'll compete next year or if it will be 2014, but I would really like to start working on a motorcycle to run. I guess I could always run my Ninja 250R just for fun  :-D

I'm really looking forward to learning more about land speed racing from you guys. Oh, and the conversation that got me searching the internet was our choice for what we would build to run if we had the money. My answer was a cabover Peterbilt! I don't know why, but I think it would be fun to push a big old barn door through the air lol.

Offline Truckedup

« Reply #2422 on: November 10, 2012, 07:37:26 AM »
 Hi,I'm Tony from western NY state. Retired electrical contractor,have messed with old hot rod trucks and British Bikes, especially Triumphs.A younger business associate and good friend was impressed with the several 60's Triumphs bikes I built for him( they don't leak oil,lol).He has money and the desire to go to Bonneville.He has racing experience on crotch rockets and dirt bikes so he's the pilot....
 So,we are gonna give it try with a 650 Triumph in Modified class. No need to set a new record,just an actual run down the salt will be the experience of a lifetime.
Triumph 650 LTA MPG record holder  133.1 MPH...

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #2423 on: November 10, 2012, 08:14:40 AM »

No need to set a new record, just an actual run down the salt will be the experience of a lifetime.

Words spoken by so many who have found that experience very addicting.  With that fair warning, welcome to the family of LSR and all the best in your efforts.

Ed

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2424 on: November 10, 2012, 10:34:41 AM »
Jason and Tony welcome to the worlds fastest website. Always good to see new guys, and gals. Jason good idea to start on something simple you can have a lot of fun on a small bike. Tony good luck on the Triumph,  my first love motorcycle!!
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2425 on: November 10, 2012, 01:21:54 PM »
Fred - I like that, "The world's fastest website".   Incidentally, there is no such thing as just run down the salt flats ... once bitten it becomes an addiction. 

Joe

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2426 on: November 10, 2012, 02:14:35 PM »
absolutely
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Online Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2427 on: November 10, 2012, 07:22:00 PM »
Tell me about it - one run makes you an addict.  Look at us -- and I'm afraid, many others, too.  We came here back in '01 to let me try to go 200 and so Nancy could get some tan and provide eye candy for me.  Here we are, nearly a dozen years later -- and we've not only learned we have a much bigger family than we ever imagined, we've had the memories of a lifetime, and we've pittered away a really nice retirement fund.  Worse -- I somehow don't think we're alone in that last sad fact.

Welcome!
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2428 on: November 10, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »
Slim,
Well said from the proprietor of the "World's fastest website".   

Joe

Offline LS1 JEEP LS

• New folks
« Reply #2429 on: November 14, 2012, 01:27:25 PM »
Another New Land Speed Nut!

Hi, I'm Saul, very new to the LS scene, but very eager to learn.
Been drag racing for 6 years and can never get enough speed.

Currently I:

Run a small auto repair shop
Just finished school (BS in Physics)
Rock crawl in my '91 Jeep Cherokee (Dana 60's, 35's, stroked, lifted, locked, stretched, chopped, caged, etc)
Daily drive my '02 Chevy Cavalier (8pt cage, Eibach sway bars, STOCK)

Been offroading and building Jeeps since I was 12years old. And I've really like to have one built crawler and one built racer both with the same/similar chassis. One big Jeep, one little Jeep.

Just picked up my project::

Shooting for CMMP
1988 Jeep Comanche. Just gutted it down to a shell and starting from the frame up. Plan is for an LS1 block. Already have: 2wd front axle (getting ready to chop to drop the center), Spooled Ford 9" Rear, and a pile of Comanche parts waiting for a new home.

Last year I broke my back in a '83 Ford Ranger that laid frame and have sloooowwwly been getting back into things with the automotive world. Hence why my Cavalier has a roll cage (got a *small* fear of getting run over).

I'm hear looking to learn as much as I can and see what I can contribute from my automotive experience.

:cheers:

Saul
'91 Jeep Cherokee Crawler
'88 Jeep Comanche LS Attempt
'02 Chevy Cavalier, Caged Daily Driver