Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2273298 times)

Offline Marty

polly29 racers in Co.
« Reply #2385 on: October 05, 2012, 11:18:17 PM »
Hey Polly,
              Glad to hear from a fellow land speed addict in colorado. To answer your question, I am building a motorcycle and a friend of mine near glenwood springs(other side of mtn) race at bonneville. We attend BUBs speed trials yearly, not sure if you stated which event you follow, but all good.We would be happy to help out in your quest.

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2386 on: October 06, 2012, 01:27:21 PM »
Mark, stop by and chat, we are running an I/GL at the Finals.  Red, white and blue named Bockscar, after the last airplane to drop a nuclear weapon in anger.
Welcome to the addiction

u guys had the 1000 powered lakester, right? i actually stopped by and chatted up with one of the guys that raced bikes, i told him about my busa and buds pro mod....

Yep that's us, you must have talked to our designated chatterbox, Johnboy.  He is in charge of talking to folks while the rest of us get the car ready to run....  :roll:

Yes I'm kidding... but don't tell JB..... start a build diary when you get started, you will find lots of help here.  :cheers:
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2387 on: October 09, 2012, 05:20:31 AM »
My name is Mikey. I'm based in South Africa and I'm in the process of building a pretty special vehicle to take to a venue called Hakskeen Pan next August. It's the same venue that Andy Green intends using for his Bloodhound SSC record run. My history in motorsports goes back about 30 years and when I retired I was a pro F2 driver. Road racing was not my first choice but by the time I was old enough to race the oval where I grew up had stopped holding Sprint car events. My day job varies between composites and custom motorcycles. I have built aero components for all the local factory teams here and have some experience in wind tunnel testing. I'm just your average common or garden variety speed freak with a hefty leaning in the direction of the Blue Oval. We're hoping to make history next year and hopefully I'll get lots of sage advice from the members on something I've never tackled before. Thanks for having me, it's really cool to be here. God Bless.

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2388 on: October 09, 2012, 12:19:37 PM »
Mikey;

Welcome to the LSR Forum. I hope you get a chance to come to Bonneville someday.

Regards, Neil  Tucson, AZ

Offline tauruck

« Reply #2389 on: October 10, 2012, 11:01:29 AM »
That's a dream right now but the way things are going it might just happen. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2390 on: October 16, 2012, 06:21:11 PM »
Hey, hay, HEY! -- I see that Keith Copeland has joined the forum.  Keith is from Black Salt Racing -- that "little" TR6 that went something over 380 at Bville this year.  He only signed up about an hour ago -- but I sure hope he'll get busy, tell us about himself (HINT:  What's your location, Keith?), and be ready to talk about the car that went so danged fast.

Welcome, Keith. :cheers:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2391 on: October 16, 2012, 07:52:02 PM »
SS;

Keith is from the North side of Tucson-- just about across town from me. Welcome to the Forum, Keith. Hello to Donna.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2392 on: October 16, 2012, 08:07:12 PM »
Neil and others:

Interestingly enough, I see that Keith has listed Stateline, NV as his location.  One of these days - one of these days, Alice (you do remember Jackie Gleason, don't you?) - anyway, one of these days Keith'll post some stuff and we'll maybe hear the true story about just where he is located.

Keith:  Sorry to spend so much time building a base for you.  Don't worry about posting something that's profound, witty, and highly educational.  Jump in and goof around like most of us do, most of the time. :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline manta22

• What, me worry?
« Reply #2393 on: October 16, 2012, 08:11:49 PM »
Trust me, Jon. :-)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2394 on: October 16, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »
I trust YOU, Neil -- but now I wonder if we can trust Keith :evil:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline HotelBushranger

• New folks
« Reply #2395 on: October 27, 2012, 11:37:19 PM »
G'day everyone,

My name's Joakim, hailing from Perth, Western Australia. Got a 1950 BSA ZB31 350cc pushrod single that I'm aiming to hit 130mph with on Lake Gairdner in 2014, looking forward to getting stuck into it! In the process of research and study in order to really tune the engine to its limits, once I've finished building my 2 other bikes I'll start with this. Looking forward to picking everyones brains for the wealth of knowledge on this forum :)

Cheers

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #2396 on: October 28, 2012, 12:24:41 AM »
Welcome! That's an ambitious goal with the Beeza 350.
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline HotelBushranger

• New folks
« Reply #2397 on: October 28, 2012, 02:09:55 AM »
Welcome! That's an ambitious goal with the Beeza 350.

Absolutely! Always enjoyed a challenge :D The 350cc record in Australia is I think 127mph with a partially streamlined Triumph twin, if I can hit 125 with a single I'll be ecstatic.

Offline Freud

« Reply #2398 on: October 28, 2012, 04:02:42 PM »
Bushranger check out this build diary.

It's about Triumphs but is rather English.

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.php/topic,6167.900/topicseen.html

FREUD
Since '63

Offline mikeC.

• New folks
« Reply #2399 on: October 30, 2012, 01:04:36 PM »
Name is Mike Chapman, partnered up with Tom Evans and Logan Davis on a little blue '31 roadster, #544 XF/FR.  Fun car, and good company. 

I took a break this year due to work and finances but looking to be back in the saddle for 2013 season. 

Currently have a rear engine modified in the works, although Im thinking of dropping it to focus on engines... too many irons in the fire!!  :-D

Thanks for the site!

Flatheads Forever!