Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2274955 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2325 on: August 21, 2012, 05:57:39 PM »
Rob --- where are you from?

Joe

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2326 on: August 21, 2012, 08:08:50 PM »
Joe, where would you like him to be from?  I can enter a location for him -- such as Priapus, Pennsylvania, or perhaps Scrotum, South Carolina.  You name one and I'll put it there -- if he doesn't do it in a day or two.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline WOODY@DDLLC

• ECTA made it to AR-Kansas!
    • Design Dreams, LLC
« Reply #2327 on: August 21, 2012, 08:54:10 PM »
Rob, Slim really means it! Not all the towns in Egypt are taken either!  :-o
All models are wrong, but some are useful! G.E. Box (1967) www.designdreams.biz

Offline Kevin G

« Reply #2328 on: August 22, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »
Hey. Kevin G here. I live in the thumb of the mitten (ie. Eastern lower Michigan ) Lifelong gearhead although most of my experience is with trucks and farm machinery. I love to wrench on anything.  An internet friend of mine goes out to bonneville and has convinced me that I need to go. So hopefully next year I will make it out. I have wanted to build a belly tanker for the longest time. Maybe this forum will light a fire under me.
68 in a 55. Michigan State Police. 98
65 in a 55. Wayne County Sheriff. 02
Loud exhaust. Memphis City Police 03

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #2329 on: August 22, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
     Welcome aboard.  If this site doesn't get the fire going a trip to the salt will for sure.  Don't forget ECTA'S Wilmington Ohio meets, they aren't that far from you and you won't have to wait the full year......

Ed

Offline legris

• New folks
    • Nostavia-Jetstream
« Reply #2330 on: August 25, 2012, 07:40:57 AM »
Hello everybody.
My name is Sebastien. We are a team (but don't have a name yet) of a few friends from south of France.
We just acquired a M601 D jet engine and intend to built a streamliner and meet you all on the salt by 2016.
We are indeed a little team and going slowly due to lack of experience in such events but this challenge is a great motivation for us all.
A few screen capture of our chassis and of our first draft of the bodywork will be posted in the next weeks.

Seb.

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2331 on: August 25, 2012, 08:13:27 AM »
Welcome --- A very big project for first time land speed racing.   Hope it all comes together for your team.

Joe

Offline gibbs

• New folks
« Reply #2332 on: August 26, 2012, 11:15:26 AM »
Hello.
 Im Gibbs. Im 62 Live in Shreveport La. Been a motor head all my life. Started with cushmans at 11. Built first hot rod a 31 ford at 15. built Harleys , raced Go Karts 20 years. Built and raced 600cc Modifed midgets for 6 years. Now have a 32 Ford coupe, 55 chevy car,55 chevy truck. a 55 straight axle car for nostoliga drag racing. Hope to build something to take to the salt in 2013. Plan on a vintage 3/4 midget copy. Would like to meet someone near here who goes to Bonneville

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2333 on: August 26, 2012, 11:31:30 AM »
Gibbs,

Welcome ... you are already inflicted with the racing disease so it is too late to warn you ... as you will soon discover, land speed racing enjoys the best fellowship of all motorsports.

Joe

Offline Slingshotz

• New folks
    • Slingshotz Designs
Target 550
« Reply #2334 on: August 27, 2012, 12:33:47 PM »
Hi There we are Slingshotz Designs and we print T-Shirts for the Target 550 team, and we can do shirts for you! Bonneville was awsome and the Viking 31 Streamliner of Marlo Treit and Les Davenport is simpley Amazing. Jim Hume is a Master Craftsman and Jason Hosking is an Amazing metal shaper and welder. Looking foward to 550mph!! Ray the Rat takes some awsome photos and Glenn "FREUD" Freuderberger is a amazing photographer! Thank's Slingshotz Designs

Offline Idaho Scootertrash

• New folks
« Reply #2335 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:48 PM »
Hey ya'll!!  Greetings from Idaho!

Name here is Scott or Scooter, short for Scootertrash.  Grew up watching Craig Breedlove on Wide World of Sports and that set the hook for me.  Growing up in the midwest, what I saw was a completely alien landscape with brave men driving rockets across a shimmery surface.

I always wanted to go to Bonneville.  Finally made it to BUB speed trials last Sunday.  More hooked than ever now.

Gearhead and tinkerer since about 12 yrs old.  Been riding and wrenching on Harleys for the last 30 years now and love it.

I have a '68 Triumph T100T Daytona that I'm going to run next year.  That's the goal.
Scooter
1968 Triumph T100T
1996 Harley Davidson FLHTC
Custom Pit Bike

Offline wideopen231

• New folks
« Reply #2336 on: August 30, 2012, 10:15:47 PM »

Hi  everyone,

Im  new to site and looking to gain some extra knowledge on aerodynamics. Maybe pickup few pointers and if all goes well maybe little speed on new drag car Im building.

Ive been dragracing for about 28 years. My business is Air water flow testing for comercail business,along with general contractor.  Figure  Any info you learn is good info. A old fuel guy told me his therory was that if you didn't learn something new everyday you wasted a day of your life.

Im a 100% do it yourselfer and always curious about making things better and faster. Never believed I can't is a option.Only I have to figure out how to.

Personal saying" Only the stupid know to much to learn something new".  Enough about me time to browse site.

Oh yea my typing and spilling sucks so bare with me on those two things.

Offline Kiwi Paul

« Reply #2337 on: August 31, 2012, 12:54:54 AM »
I teamed up with Rob some in Inspection this year. He is a Sacramento dude, works at So Cal Sacramento and has School as well, also is working on a Banger project......so he tells me...

Offline Frankie7799

« Reply #2338 on: September 06, 2012, 06:40:30 PM »
Who am I?

Frankie LoCascio from Surprise, AZ

2nd generation drag racer

Husband, father of two kids daughter age 11, son age 8

Havent attended a LSR race but am looking to go to El Mirage in November

My drag racing operation ( rear engined SBC dragster, enclosed trailer etc ) was stolen and never recovered 8 years ago. Kicking around the idea of building an LSR car of some kind in the new few years. Hoping by attending Elmo that I might get a better idea of what its going to take and to get a closer look at the cars and what goes into them.

Offline Moxnix

• Zufrieden mit Mir.
    • Speed Bumps on the Road to Perdition
« Reply #2339 on: September 06, 2012, 07:16:50 PM »
Legris, is this the M 601 Czech turboprop engine.  I hope so.  Thrust jets no longer run on the salt, but turbines are welcome by the race organizations.  Best wishes.  Max
Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
http://speedbumpsontheroadtoperdition.wordpress.com/