Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2267110 times)

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2310 on: July 30, 2012, 03:26:57 PM »
Gerald, be sure to have a GPS, getting out of Los Angeles can be a bear if you don't know your way around as there are several freeways to deal with until you head over the hill to the desert. The speed limits very. Have a safe trip and welcome to the salt.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Freud

« Reply #2311 on: July 30, 2012, 07:35:11 PM »
Digger_Dave  give the film to Bob. He can bring it to B'ville.

FREUD
Since '63

Offline ducky45356

• New folks
« Reply #2312 on: July 31, 2012, 09:47:29 PM »
Hi everybody.
 My name is Chad. New to this forum, but not to going fast.I have been drag racing ,and driving anything fast for years. New to the land speed racing. Thought about going to texas with my 06 gto ,then the Wilmington event came along .Which is only 40 mins from home got me into this. Started building me a 84 Camaro to run at ECTA events. Hope its done for next year about mid season.
ECTA ARKANSAS
B\GC 203.2
C\GC 210.28

ECTA OHIO
D\GC 180.5

LTA
C/GC 224.713  1.5 MILE
B/GC 215.341  1.5 MILE

Ironsmith

« Reply #2313 on: August 01, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »
Gerald,
Make sure you stop by and visit us at the #3838 Corvette pit.
Probably have a white gooseneck trailer, red vette with black and yellow numbers.
Lookin forward to meeting you.

Thanks, I'll drop in and say hi.

Ironsmith

« Reply #2314 on: August 01, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
Gerald, be sure to have a GPS, getting out of Los Angeles can be a bear if you don't know your way around as there are several freeways to deal with until you head over the hill to the desert. The speed limits very. Have a safe trip and welcome to the salt.

Hi Glen, I have a GPS to use, but it's sure going to be an interesting experience!

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2315 on: August 01, 2012, 09:38:28 PM »
Just get to the I-10 East to the I-15 North and you'll be there in no time.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Ironsmith

« Reply #2316 on: August 04, 2012, 01:21:49 AM »
Just get to the I-10 East to the I-15 North and you'll be there in no time.

Thanks Stan. I've added that tip to my many notes.

Offline Hellcat Customs

« Reply #2317 on: August 13, 2012, 11:43:38 AM »
Hi, I'm Jason Sarratt from Phx, AZ. I'm new to LSR. This will be my first attempt this Sept.
I hope to learn quickly and make a good showing and help get more people involved in the
sport.

monkeypuzzle

« Reply #2318 on: August 13, 2012, 11:46:49 AM »
Hello,
I'm new to salt racing, tried to run at the 2011 World Finals but was rained out  :-( .  Going back this year to Bub's, with a 500 M-BG Kawasaki.

-Anton

Offline thecarfarmer

• New folks
« Reply #2319 on: August 16, 2012, 12:56:41 AM »
Hi all!

I'm a technical (food safety) writer; actually spend more of my time with a wrench in hand than at the keyboard, since I fix equipment for the food processor I write safety protocols for...

Just got back from my first trip to Bonneville yesterday.  Now, I'm signing up here; looking to learn during the next fifty-one weeks.

-Bill
We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have to stop there.

-Dana Gould

Offline robfrey

• carbinitelsr
« Reply #2320 on: August 19, 2012, 09:45:24 PM »
Welcome aboard Bill.
I think that there is some sort of microbe that lives in the salt. It attacks many victims when they visit the salt. The main symptoms are brain related. If you are experiencing the urge to build a car and return to the salt, you have been infected with the microbe.
Didn't anybody warn you? Too late now! Sounds like you've been infected. LOL!
496 BGS
carbinitelsr.com
carbiniteracing.com
carbinite.com

Offline aut0m4tic

• New folks
« Reply #2321 on: August 20, 2012, 05:07:26 PM »
   Hi, my names Cory.  My son Ethan(12yr old) and I have spectated for abt 4yrs now, and need to build a streamliner.                                                      I had no idea that salt and heroine were related.
Planning on a F/BGS  F/BFS build with a turbo honda accord (2.2l) motor.  Switching to a 2jzgte as soon as practical.                                                           I live in Layton, Utah so if anyone remotely close has a project I could see for ideas that would be great.

Offline FoundSoul

• MegaSquirt Your Mind!
    • DIYAutoTune.com
« Reply #2322 on: August 20, 2012, 07:46:50 PM »
Welcome to the fold (and to the addiction) Cory and Ethan!  I'm also building a car with a 2J, though I'm running naturally aspirated initially as I'm just a bit looney like that.  I ran into some customers on the salt last week that I hadn't heard from before that were running our EFI system on their 2JZGTE in a lakester.  They came and found us as once your EFI system is on a car any weirdness in how it runs automatically becomes your fault ;).  On the contrary we were able to quickly use a datalog from the EMS to find that their alternator had taken a crap and they were running down the salt at like 10v in the charging system, causing a weak spark and misfires...  They swapped in a spare and last I heard they qualified for a record and then for some reason couldn't back it up, I need to follow up with them now that I'm home and find out the final on that....

Good times for sure... hope you see you out there!
Jerry a.k.a. 'FoundSoul'
http://www.DIYAutoTune.com and http://AMPEFI.com
13 Records total held at the ECTA Ohio Mile (as of 9/2015)
Fastest so far-- AA/BGC Record @ 217.3913mph September 2015  -- MS3Pro Engine Management and a little 3.0 liter

Congrats to our customers:
Lee Sicilio - 1969 Daytona Charger #97 - Bonneville A/BGALT Record Holder - 273.514mph - MegaSquirt-3 EFI and Ignition Control
Gary Hart - 1953 Studebaker #787 - Bonneville AA/BGALT Record Holder - 240.984mph - MegaSquirt-1 EFI and Ignition Control
Frank Kinney - Black Opel Racing #6666 - Bonneville E/GMS Recond Holder - 208.974mph - MegaSquirt-3 EFI and Ignition Control

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2323 on: August 20, 2012, 08:27:56 PM »
   Hi, my names Cory.  My son Ethan(12yr old) and I have spectated for abt 4yrs now, and need to build a streamliner.                                                      I had no idea that salt and heroine were related.
Planning on a F/BGS  F/BFS build with a turbo honda accord (2.2l) motor.  Switching to a 2jzgte as soon as practical.                                                           I live in Layton, Utah so if anyone remotely close has a project I could see for ideas that would be great.

Welcome - To the fellowship of land speed racing, where you can make a small fortune if start with a large one.

Joe

Offline RobZomber

• New folks
« Reply #2324 on: August 21, 2012, 01:18:20 AM »
Hey guys and gals!
My name is Rob Zomber and joining this forum is long overdue.  I have been lurking for a couple years now!
I went as a spectator to Bonneville for a while and then pitted on the Tardel, McKenzie, Fazio V/BFR for a couple years.  The last two years I have spent inspecting cars at Bonneville and El Mirage.
It's a pleasure to 'meet' y'all.