Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275305 times)

Offline 4-barrel Mike

• Any fool can drive a V8
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2190 on: March 30, 2012, 10:41:37 PM »
April, May, June, July showers bring August flowers (some years).   :cheers:

Mike
Mike Kelly - PROUD owner of the V4F that powered the #1931 VGC to a 82.803 mph record in 2008!

Offline Mark 42

• New folks
    • Friday Night NASCAR Slot Car Races near Tacoma
« Reply #2191 on: March 30, 2012, 11:00:35 PM »
That is funny.
Two seasons... rainy season, and 5th of July.

I miss Alabama a lot - having acreage to play and a huge barn for projects
got me really spoiled. I also liked the attitudes out there - people left you
alone to do your projects- no building permits (except in some city areas).

I lived far enough from my neighbors to do some very loud things.

When we lived about an hour from where we are now (up to a year ago)
we had some pretty understanding neighbors, but I didn't run my pulsejet
very often
. I wouldn't try it now. In Alabama, it would have been no problem.
Living way out in the country was nice,
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:03:03 PM by Mark 42 »

Offline BBimp

• New folks
« Reply #2192 on: April 04, 2012, 01:33:24 PM »
Hello my name is Christian.
I live in Denmark.
I work on US cars as a hobby.
And like to drive fast were itś legal.

Christian :o)
With more power than sane people can handel

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2193 on: April 04, 2012, 02:08:14 PM »
Christian:

Welcome to the landracing.com Forum.  It's a pleasure to have another Dane here (Lars, who goes by "Octane", is the other fellow).  I hope you find much that's worth enjoying and that you are able to learn from this Forum, too.

Speaking of Denmark -- might I ask what town you're from?  Either you or I should fill in the "location" blank in the registration Profile with town and State (or, in this case, country).

Thanks and once more -- welcome.

Jon a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline FirePowerMinis

• New folks
« Reply #2194 on: April 05, 2012, 04:08:16 PM »
Hi! Terry Straubel of FirePowerMinis. 45 y/o kid, playing with toys for a living. I build small-displacement race engines for customers around the world, and sponsor a handful of kids in AMA ATV/MX, GNCC, flattrack. I've been planning to build an LSR bike for a few years, and did build the Throttle Nation mini. I was on the wait list for the Ohio event, but made the bump, so I'm scrambling to finish my 1970 Honda SS50Z for the end of the month. Struggling with tires, ATM, but otherwise on track to be on track. My size and joint issues keep me from riding my builds, but I have fun seeing them do their thing. I have a little gal who'll pilot the bike at Ohio. I had a blast at Maxton and appreciated the helpfulness of the ECTA crew once they could stop laughing at our little scoot. This is gonna be a riot. I'm planning to run the bike in multiple classes, 50/100/125/175cc Modified Gas & Fuel, naked and partial streamlined, over the course of the season. First event, we'll only try M/G 175/4 though as it sounds like there will be some long lines in staging. Spare engines are light, so one on the track and two in the rack ;)

Offline myidea

• New folks
  • First time on the salt 2011...will return for 2012
« Reply #2195 on: April 09, 2012, 07:41:10 AM »
HI My name is Martin Giles and I live in a small city in the South of Sweden called Helsingborg.
My wife and I were first time spectators at the world of speed 2011. We misunderstood the dates and arrived on the Friday afternoon, we spoke to a few people and soon understood it was almost finished. We stayed around and had a great few hours up at the start line.
Lets say we enjoyed it so much we have decided to come back for the 2012 WOS in Sept.  This time we have booked the right dates☺

I decided to join this forum in the hope of meeting some divers or owners who need a couple of spectators to cheer them along or help out in some way…. Bodil my wife and I don’t know much about engines and racing but we totally enjoyed the few hours we had last year and we are coming back this year to enjoy a few days instead.

Lets hope there is a few people out there willing to met us in the pits or on the start line…….
A couple from Sweden who are new born spectators. Saw a film, visited the WOS 2011. Fell in love, decided to return for 2012..Looking for someone / something to cheer for! If you need a couple of fans, drop us a post.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2196 on: April 09, 2012, 10:57:35 AM »
Welcome, Martin - I hope you enjoy this Forum as much as the rest of us do.  We're glad to have yet another from your part of the world check in as a member.  If you've read much of this forum you already realise that we trade both information - and fun.  Please be assured that when you're at WoS this year -- you'll find far more folks that are happy to meet you to share their racing days.  If you're going to be at Bonneville for the World of Speed - you might also consider staying a few more days for the Top Speed Shootout.  that event starts the weekend directly after WoS ends.  But no matter what events you see - welcome.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline techteacher

« Reply #2197 on: April 11, 2012, 08:35:43 PM »
Name is Tim Chambers. I teach Auto Technology at Laguna Hills HS in Orange County Ca. Only been at it for 6 years, was in the heavy equipment industry for 30 years. Started out with racing motocross at 13 and continued riding until I hung up the boots 5 yrs. ago. Have always been a car guy, restored a couple porches,`65 mustang, some vintage mx bikes. Getting my speed fix right now karting, 30hp 125cc Vortex engine, CRG chassis. Very fast! Have always wanted to go to Bonneville and run a car - show my students anything I can find on LSR racing. It`s on the bucket list. I`m trying to continue the art of restoration with my students, we have to keep it alive! Looking forward to being a member of this board.     

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2198 on: April 12, 2012, 07:29:45 PM »
Have been very interested in LSR for as long as I can remember. Went to my first dry lakes meet with Lynn Goodfellow in 1959 or 60. Went to school with Lynn and Dan Warner so I was caught up in the whole So. Cal. scene of the '60's. I built a few cars of my own but just do small racing projects now. Would love to take something to B-ville someday ( I haven't run there since 1975)
but I really don't think that will happen. I get pleasure keeping up with everything going on with the lakes and B-ville.

(signed): Indymike
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline dw230

« Reply #2199 on: April 12, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »
Thanks Jon.

After 147 pages of new guys finally someone I know.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Roseville Carl

« Reply #2200 on: April 13, 2012, 01:25:53 PM »
Well lets see am 67 years old made first trip to Bonneville last year pitted for Tim and the 416 Crew had a blast. Run a 36 PU with a blown Flathead and have a 130" FED with a 304 Flattie, just relivin my youth after I retired....................Carl
"Keep Em Between the Whites"

and yes Virginia the world is indeed Flat

Offline Elmo Rodge

« Reply #2201 on: April 13, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »
Carl, good to see you here. If you return to Bonneville we'll have to hook up. Wayno

Offline Tman

« Reply #2202 on: April 13, 2012, 02:30:38 PM »
Carl, good to see you here. If you return to Bonneville we'll have to hook up. Wayno

Welcome Carl! Wayno, Carl, myself and others will be in the 416 pits again and camping at the bend. I vote for the West side this year in case we get a gullywasher again!

Offline pops29

« Reply #2203 on: April 13, 2012, 09:47:12 PM »
Hello All

I am a new-be to the salt,,  well almost,,  last year was my first and It will not be the last.  I am a member of Flatcad racing Team and enjoying it to the fullest.  I own a small Business  located in central California ..  machining, fabrication and laser cutting. and helping the Flatcad team

Don

Offline swackerle

« Reply #2204 on: April 14, 2012, 04:08:09 AM »
Hello everyone! My name is Sam Wackerle and I am currently building a 1926 Model T to compete in the VFCC class this year (fingers crossed) at Speed Week.  I am from the other coast, Frederick MD, so this will be my first trip to the salt.  I'd like to go whether or not I finish the build in time.  I've met many great people and have had a blast building this beast with my dad so regardless of the outcome its been an extremely valuable experience.