Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2273141 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2115 on: February 07, 2012, 05:51:45 PM »
Tim - fine introduction ... welcome.

Joe

Offline Tman

« Reply #2116 on: February 08, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
Hi!  my name is Tim and I like to drive fast.  Just wish I could go faster. :-D  I'm sure I've met some of you before either at El Mirage or Bonneville, I'm no one special but I always have a good time racing.

OK, that may be a lame intro but I've never really known how to do it.  So here I am!   :-)

Welcome Tim. I know a guy named Tim with a pickup like yours :-D

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #2117 on: February 08, 2012, 12:50:03 PM »
Tim, good to see you here! :cheers:
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline Plmkrze

• Oh Yea
« Reply #2118 on: February 08, 2012, 10:13:46 PM »
Racemethen,
Welcome. A 68 Dart, very nice. I see the containment seat against the tires. That shows your head is properly located and your foot is firmly planted on the loud pedal. Will you be able to make the Ohio meet? We need all the Dodge guys we can get.

This LSR stuff is way cool. I wish I had started earlier in life!! As it is I have been burning fuel 1/8th mile at a time. I'm just down the road from you in Lewisville. You ever been to the Farm? Plm Krze SRT8, that's me.

Paul   :cheers:
"Trim it, whittle it, make it work."

East Coast Cherry Pickers Association (ECCPA) and proud of it!

Offline mctim64

• New folks
    • Y-Block Guy .com
« Reply #2119 on: February 09, 2012, 12:19:16 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!  Tman has been trying to get me over here for a while and I've been meaning to join but working on Y-Blocks keeps me pretty busy.  Gathering parts for a "new and improved" engine for the Uni that will debut at Elmo in May if all goes to plan.  Also got a new one for the dragster but that's for a different board.  :wink:

Being that I'm new here tell me what to look for and where the excitement is.  I heard there is a nightly chat? or is that one night a week?
"and water makes it's own sauce!"

Offline Tman

« Reply #2120 on: February 09, 2012, 02:16:46 AM »
Thanks for the welcome!  Tman has been trying to get me over here for a while and I've been meaning to join but working on Y-Blocks keeps me pretty busy.  Gathering parts for a "new and improved" engine for the Uni that will debut at Elmo in May if all goes to plan.  Also got a new one for the dragster but that's for a different board.  :wink:

Being that I'm new here tell me what to look for and where the excitement is.  I heard there is a nightly chat? or is that one night a week?

Tuesday chat, 7PM MTN. We will talk before next week anyway, I will fill you in. Signed Mr fancy shoes.

Offline Anvil*

« Reply #2121 on: February 09, 2012, 04:00:53 AM »
*snip*
I've been meaning to join but working on Y-Blocks keeps me pretty busy. 
Well I'm a bit slower on adding to the welcome, but it's good to see you have your priorities straight.
Rather fond of that engine series.
 8-)

Offline Bjohnny

• New folks
« Reply #2122 on: February 09, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »
OK..so here I am, another newbie, (Rookie ?) but I was sent here by LandSpeed Louise.She said I would have fun here as well. This will also mark my first trip to the salt flats in August. I thought it best to bring my Grandson along to learn, (along with my learning as well) about this place. I will update my profile so you can see where I am from (Wisconsin) but try not to hold that against me :-)

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2123 on: February 09, 2012, 12:24:19 PM »
Oh, no!  Do you realise that by taking your grandson to the salt you may create a monster that'll have wonderful memories for the rest of his life?  A monster that'll brag to his buddies about how he and you went to the coolest place there is, anyplace?

Wonderful, Bjohnny.  Great to have you hear.  C U Soon.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 03:34:40 PM by Seldom Seen Slim »
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2124 on: February 09, 2012, 03:02:26 PM »
Oh, no!  Do you "REALISE" that by taking your grandson to the "SLAT" you may create a monster that'll have wonderful memories for the rest of his life?  A monster that'll brag to his buddies about how he and you went to the coolest place there is, anyplace?

Wonderful, Bjohnny.  Great to have you "HEAR".  C U Soon.

READER ALERT!!!
Slim has been kidnapped and someone is posting in his name.  Be on the lookout.  Probably get a ransom note demanding a dictionary and some commas.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2125 on: February 09, 2012, 03:37:28 PM »
Ah, Stan, how can I ever thank you for pointing out the errors of my typing?  I've already fixed the gross error (and it was gross, I agree), so the rest of the folks will think that you copied my stuff and farkled with it just for the sake of being cruel.  As for realise -- I usually spell it that way.  It's the more "British" version, and even though my spell checker doesn't like it - I use it to spite the American way of using the King's English.

So how's it now? :lol:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2126 on: February 09, 2012, 03:58:42 PM »
Looks great!  It's our wedding anniversary today and I'm hoping (hopping?) to farkle later myself (well, hopefully not just by myself).
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #2127 on: February 09, 2012, 07:19:57 PM »
Congrats to Stan,

Give him a hand (to farkle with)   :cheers:

ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com

Offline CaddyDaddy

• New folks
  • The older I get, the better I was.
« Reply #2128 on: February 10, 2012, 03:31:48 PM »
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,  I'm new to LSR and hope to make my first pass at the "Ohio Mile" in April. My car is still unfinished, but I can see light at the end of the tunnel and I hope it's not a train. The car was being built to run 1/8 and 1/4 mile drag racing, but a few friends shared their LSR experiences with me and I wanted to try. The car is a 1985 Buick Regal powered by a 504 Cadillac. I think I will be AA/GC, but I'm sure I'll learn for sure while going through tech. Look forward to seeing some fast cars and meeting some fellow racers. My name is Don, but I'll answer to most anything not too ugly. "Hey You" works well also.

Offline Cajun Kid

• Rajun Cajun Racing E/CGALT 5690
  • Venable Rod's & Racing #805 Studebaker, #806 Ford
« Reply #2129 on: February 14, 2012, 08:44:33 PM »
Don, welcome to the addiction.

I am in Central North Carolina,, I have the 1953 Studebaker LSR and the 1933 Vicky (LSR and Drag Racer)
Both are on the forums build diaries
Look me up some time..

Charles Venable
ECTA Record Holder Maxton
E/CBFALT, E/CBGALT, E/CGALT, E/CFALT, A/CGALT, C/CGALT, D/CGALT, C/CBGALT, B/CBGALT, C/CFALT
OHIO
B/CGALT, C/CGALT

LTA Record Holder and 200 Club Member
A/CBFALT, B/CBFALT, C/CBFALT, C/CFALT, C/CGALT,   E/CGALT, E/CFALT

Fastest Standing Mile at Ohio  203.343mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Maxton 196.967mph
Fastest Standing 1.5 Mile at Loring 213.624mph
Fastest Standing Mile at Loring 204.109mph

http://s261.photobucket.com/albums/ii43/cajunkid5690/

Blog    www.venablerodsandracing.com
email   venableracing@gmail.com