Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275841 times)

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2085 on: January 26, 2012, 08:06:28 PM »
SSS,

Let me add, I learned enough from Landracing.com to save a bundle of time and trouble during my first speed week. I made a few donations over the year but it was a lot cheaper than buying experience that I learned from this site. In addition, I made some friends long before Bonneville, one that built a push bumper and drove 12 hours to push start the 2100 at his own expense when my push truck option failed to materialize.  The quality of people on this site and participating in LSR are second to none.  So all of our new members, lets keep up the support.
Jon, I am going to shoot you a few coins just to start the year off right.

Bill
ECTA    Maxton D/CGALT  Record Holder 167.522
ECTA    Maxton D/CBGALT Record Holder 166.715

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #2086 on: January 26, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »
Jon,

Done my $50 is on its way via paypal. No need to send me a coffee cup, I had to give it up in 2007. But I do need a new set of Goodyear Land Speed Tires and some new Mike Cook 4.5" X 15" rims with (2) 4X4 3/4 and (2) 5X5 bolt circles if you are feeling generous! :) I saw Jeff "Bals A Salt"s last year at Speedweek and had wheel/tire envy.

Just keep up the good work and I will see you with at Wilington or Wendover.

Bill

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2087 on: January 26, 2012, 08:27:33 PM »
Okay - no coffee cup.  You could use it for hot chocolate, though.  Or I could find something else here in the vast stock of landracing.com stuff.  Sure you don't want a nice thank you gift?  I do appreciate the donation(s) and want to not only make sure you know it and remember it -- but also to urge others to send a few bucks now and then.  Somewhere in the basement there are still some LR.com bumper stickers.

So today we made the first cups - for a specific team.  They've got the team logo and the team car (well, one of the cars, that is).  I'll send the cups as a surprise to the team guy - but since it's sort of a surprise to him I'll not mention his name here -- will let him tell all when he gets them.

I'm hoping to start a trend for youse guys to buy these cups.  You send me the photo that you want on the cup, and include whatever wording you'd like (be that record speeds, car/bike number, your name, team name -- whatever) and I'll get the stuff on the cups.  Full color, non-wearing-offable (new word?), and pretty danged nice.  We'll sell them as a fund raiser at $18/each, maybe a little less if you order at least a half-dozen.  Shipping will be about $5/cup, darn it, although we'll try to get the best deal on that.  I'll make sure the shipments are insured -- a coffee cup with no handle isn't nearly as functional as one with that device.

Here's a sample of the basic landracing.com cup shot with flash, and then one shot in available light -- two photos so you get the best idea of what they look like.  Substitute your team and vehicle - and even ask for the landracing.com logo if you want it -- and you'll have 'em within a few weeks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #2088 on: January 26, 2012, 08:41:30 PM »
Jon,

Thats a good looking cup. I was with Toyota for 23 years and I have about a million Toyota coffee cups. It seems everything they announced they made a coffe cup for it. The cups always lasted longer than the corporate initiatives! :)

Now, an LSR Beer Mug...with the 2100 on it... I will take a set! Just ell me how much and where to send my check.  :cheers:

Bill

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2089 on: January 26, 2012, 09:18:45 PM »
Unh, we'll have to look in the vendor's list of what's what.  We know we can get stainless steel mugs that can be used for sublimating, but haven't seen beer mugs.  Glass ones -- no big deal, but those need engraving -- so no full color.

How 'bout a full color can coozie for your cans of refreshment?  I know those'll work just dandy.  Got 'em in bottle size, too.  Go looking on the Kudos Laser Facebook page and you can see lots of the stuff we've be able to do so far.

Nancy'll shop for sublimatable beer mugs for you.  We'll report what we find.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Marty

« Reply #2090 on: January 26, 2012, 10:21:09 PM »
Hey Slim,
              I was not aware of this,and glad you brought it up. I just left for North dakota for oil and gas work be there a couple of weeks, but when I get back I am giving a donation. It means alot to me to give alittle, when so much information has been given to me and it will be needed desperately because this will be my first BUB event(been motorcycle dragracing 31yrs) getting older and I think it time to go more than a quarter mile.LOL Thanks for the site

Offline Cereal KLR

« Reply #2091 on: January 27, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
Is is my pleasure to donate, this forum needs to stay alive and viable to educate ,inform and keep the sport alive. We have seen all too well what happens when interest flags in motosports, they close off the areas we love.

When you run out of coffee money, remind me to donate again!
I thought I would die young, but now its too late.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2092 on: January 27, 2012, 03:40:00 PM »
Nancy found these beer mugs.  We can put the lr.com logo on 'em, or your picture or team logo or whatever the heck you want.  The only image of one of them has some art on it already, but we can get both styles in blank.  The one that's got the art on it now will be about $16 with your art, and the one that's got kind of a "German" styling is $20.  Both of those prices are plus shipping - sorry.

We've found lots of other things - but I'll start a topic/thread about the stuff rather than take up any more room here in the Introduce Yourself thread.  TTFN. :-)
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline wheelrdealer

• D/CBGALT
    • WHEELRDEALER RACING
« Reply #2093 on: January 27, 2012, 05:31:46 PM »
SSS.

Can you use the photo and art of the 2100 from the t-shirt? Then I would just add the website url.

If not I can send art.

Bill

WWW.WHEELRDEALER2100.COM

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2094 on: January 27, 2012, 05:39:13 PM »
I'll dig through the files here (later tonight or tomorrow) and see if I still have it.  I'm pretty sure that it's here -- I seldom throw stuff like that into the trash bin.  I'll get back to you in a couple of days.  How many of which style mugs do you think you'll want?  We'll order them, but they come in either 18 or 24 packs, so I'll keep hawking them to use up the remaining stock.  Thanks, and now back to "Introduce Yourself".
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline AaronEckhoff

• New folks
    • Dutch Treat Racing
« Reply #2095 on: February 01, 2012, 12:54:05 PM »
FNG here
My name is Aaron Eckhoff

I am new to Land Speed Racing. I have been to El Mirage for rookie training and to Bonneville 2 times, the second time was to crew for Dan and the Bucket List Dream.
My team and I are building a Studebaker Lark LSR car, and hope to test it out at El Mirage this Fall.

I am an IT server engineer for trade and hobby gear head.
Aaron Eckhoff

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #2096 on: February 01, 2012, 01:49:30 PM »
Aaron:  Howdy, and welcome to the lr.com Forum.  We're glad to have you.  If you've been to EM and Bville (as you stated you did and I've got no reason to think you're a bald-faced liar  :evil:) you know how much fun and involvement we dry lakes racers have for the avocation.

And you win the attaboy for the day -- by including a location in your Profile when you registered.  It's way more common for me to have to hassle new folks to include said town & state -- or I make one up for them.  You might wonder about some towns you'll see (such as Scrotum, SC or whatever I put).  Thanks -- we like having an idea of where you live so that we can maybe even find someone not too far from you that could visit and swap lies and help when you're building or doing stuff.  Where in Northern California are you.  I know it's a big state.  Tom Bryant lives in Redding - and boyoboy does he know a bunch o' stuff about L S R.  No matter where you are, though -- welcome to the forum.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline AaronEckhoff

• New folks
    • Dutch Treat Racing
« Reply #2097 on: February 01, 2012, 06:19:44 PM »
Aaron:  Howdy, and welcome to the lr.com Forum.  We're glad to have you.  If you've been to EM and Bville (as you stated you did and I've got no reason to think you're a bald-faced liar  :evil:) you know how much fun and involvement we dry lakes racers have for the avocation.

And you win the attaboy for the day -- by including a location in your Profile when you registered.  It's way more common for me to have to hassle new folks to include said town & state -- or I make one up for them.  You might wonder about some towns you'll see (such as Scrotum, SC or whatever I put).  Thanks -- we like having an idea of where you live so that we can maybe even find someone not too far from you that could visit and swap lies and help when you're building or doing stuff.  Where in Northern California are you.  I know it's a big state.  Tom Bryant lives in Redding - and boyoboy does he know a bunch o' stuff about L S R.  No matter where you are, though -- welcome to the forum.

Hi Thanks
I will update my town but not street address because I don't want you to Google a Sat. image of me naked in my back yard  :-o
Aaron Eckhoff

Offline Stan Back

« Reply #2098 on: February 02, 2012, 03:06:38 PM »
It's already posted on our photo site.
Past (Only) Member of the San Berdoo Roadsters -- "California's Most-Exclusive Roadster Club" -- 19 Years of Bonneville and/or El Mirage Street Roadster Records

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #2099 on: February 03, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
It's already posted on our photo site.

Hehehe. Hard to get ahead of an LSR fanatic.