Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2272721 times)

Offline metalstorm

• New folks
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #2025 on: January 02, 2012, 07:39:04 AM »
Good morning!My name is Mike and i am a speed addict like most here and i have an interest in running my car/bike at the Ohio Wilmington meet.my car is a 1969 Sport Satellite with very little mods to the body but has a 8-71 with carbs and an air to water intercooler on race gas.i believe it will fit in the BGC with an A engine[446"] and will be researching here to see if i can fit in somewhere to have some fun,be safe.i have had my car for 24 yrs doing drag racing because it was close to race at a track[Norwalk ohio]my brother has a record at Utah from 2003 and i would like ot particepate in the Ohio mile now that it is close enough for me to attend.
 i hope to see you at the track racing or watching,track crew however i can fit in and help.
Mike
1969 Sport Satellite,8-71,a/w intercooled
2000 Busa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuuTcazgrU

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #2026 on: January 02, 2012, 10:11:44 AM »
Filter, there are several chances to run the salt on a ride in basis... As Wobbly mentioned the Bub, the all motorcycle meet, also has a run whatcha brung class, a lot of folks ride in, make as many passes as they want and ride home.  You basically buy a 3 (I think) run ticket and if you want to run more you just buy another ticket, very reasonably priced.  
Your next option is the USFRA World of Speed, they have a 130 Club that operates much the same way.  
Just be aware if you opt for Speedweek you will need a support vehicle because race vehicles may not be ridden or driven anywhere but down the race course on a run.

Welcome Mike..
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline 62RatRod

• New folks
« Reply #2027 on: January 04, 2012, 04:14:44 AM »
Hi, I'm a newbie from East Texas that likes to go fast lol.. I've got a 62 f100 rat rod I'm in the process of building  and I keep seeing guys on the forums I'm on talking about LSR. I think what got me was watching a video of a beautiful unibody f100 like mine doin 130 in a factory truck class. I talked to the guy about it and he's addicted now but he said with the blown 300 inline 6 I'm getting built for it I would have to run in the high 160s to count for anything but it sounds doable and freakin awesome! Does anyone know what class my truck would b n with modified factory suspension and the turbo motor swap? I'd like to see some other trucks that are in the same class if y'all have any advice or pics I'd b very grateful.. Hopefully by next year I'll have something going  :-P

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #2028 on: January 04, 2012, 09:44:59 AM »
Where are you thinking about running? Texas, Ohio, Maine or the salt? The answer may be different for all... I guess you may need to check the rules in each place.  The speed you are allowed is based on safety equipment, like roll cage, fire system, parachute, etc.  Start a build thread in the diaries section and you might get way more input than you think. 
Remember be safe, have fun, go fast... in that order...  :cheers:
Stainless

Offline 62RatRod

• New folks
« Reply #2029 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:11 AM »
Where are you thinking about running? Texas, Ohio, Maine or the salt? The answer may be different for all... I guess you may need to check the rules in each place.  The speed you are allowed is based on safety equipment, like roll cage, fire system, parachute, etc.  Start a build thread in the diaries section and you might get way more input than you think. 

Cool.. I want to run the Texas mile, salt flats, wherever i can go fast lol I figured I would have to have a roll cage n all that junk, but I'm gonna be working on this for a while I'll post some pics if I can get my camera working tho

Offline RayTheRat

• Just me and the camera
    • Ray the Rat's Chevy Asylum
« Reply #2030 on: January 04, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »

Cool.. I want to run the Texas mile, salt flats, wherever i can go fast lol I figured I would have to have a roll cage n all that junk, but I'm gonna be working on this for a while I'll post some pics if I can get my camera working tho

You might want to check out the 130 and 150 Clubs that are part of USFRA's World Of Speed:
http://www.saltflats.com/

It's harder than it might seem at first.  Bleeve me, I still have a broken 130 Club race car in my garage:
http://www.chevyasylum.com/85monte/85monte28.html  I made one shakedown run and broke the pinion yoke on the next run, the car's first WOT pass.  I built my car with the 150 Club in mind, although there are still many things that have to be done before it's legal for that class. 

Good luck to ya...hope to see ya on the salt.

Offline Motormouth

• New folks
« Reply #2031 on: January 08, 2012, 04:36:57 PM »
Hows it goin everybody? I am Steve and am new to this forum. I have been involved in other forms of racing, mainly 1/4 mile stuff, but have wanted to take part in land speed as well. I have helped a friend with their car that runs in the 130 club and we now have our own project about to get started. We picked up a 1967 barracuda shell and plan on making a multi purpose racer out of it. I look forward to beginning the project and hopefully we will have it ready in 2013.  :cheers:

Offline ridestheshortbuss

• New folks
« Reply #2032 on: January 09, 2012, 11:29:59 AM »
Ok, Time for a new guy post.

My name is eric. I go by rides the short buss, Its an 09 busa, velocity stage 2 turbo kit, 300 whp @ 160 ft lbs, 9 pound pump gas motor. I stumbled on here when a friend told me about it when i was searching for a ams tic1000 to control my timing, im preparing to run ohio this year. I love what I see lsr move 5 or 6 hours away from my place in michigan. Hoping to chase down 220s at least, think the bike has 230s in it. Working on gearing it, figuring out a boost builder 2 step, dropping a bit of boost in the lower gears, and really need to safety wire it. Can someone tell me how they do tires too? I know my shinko is good to 200+, but not rated for it. The rated tires have less grip. thanks in advance

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2033 on: January 09, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »
Okey-dokey Mr. Short Bus, sir.  Just where in Michigan are you?  5-6 hours from Wilmington gives a hint to those of us that live in Michigan -- but it'd be nice if you'd go back to the profile page in your registration and fill in the blank called "location".  Then we'd always know (well, at least whenever you post).

PS  Why two "s" in the word "buss"?  Buss with two "s" means the same as a KISS, liked "I bussed her after the party broke up".  Bus with one "s" means the thing that takes passengers for rides (among other meanings).  It makes a good play on words for a 'Busa, too.

Whatever -- welcome to the Forum.  Have fun and stay tuned.  There are lots of turbo 'Busas in this group.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2034 on: January 09, 2012, 01:01:11 PM »
You Kawi guy dont get the buss thing! :evil:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2035 on: January 09, 2012, 01:03:44 PM »
Fred, I sure do get the "buss" thing -- I've got Nancy :roll:
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline fredvance

• FVANCE
    • Vance and Forstall Racing
« Reply #2036 on: January 09, 2012, 01:10:37 PM »
I think I better leave that one alone. :roll:
WORLDS FASTEST PRODUCTION MOTORCYCLE 213.470
Vance&Forstall Racing
WOS 2011 235+MPH
Engine by Knecum, Tuned by Johnny Cheese.
Sponsers Catalyst Composites, Johnny Cheese Perf, Knecum Racing Engines, Murray Headers, Carpenter Racing

Offline 55chevr

« Reply #2037 on: January 09, 2012, 02:21:21 PM »
Eric - Get a rule book. There is no wiggle room with tires.  Compliance is mandatory.

JD

Online Stainless1

• Administrator
« Reply #2038 on: January 09, 2012, 10:30:26 PM »
Eric, get an ECTA rulebook... it will give you the tire requirements for the record speed you will be running against.... that will determine what tire you need, not necessarily the speed you think you will go. 

Oh, welcome to the fun.... our turbo busa is mounted inside 4 exposed wheels....
Stainless

Offline ggl205

• G/FL 218.282 since 1995. G/FL record since 1993.
« Reply #2039 on: January 10, 2012, 03:44:48 PM »
Hello, my name is John Goodman and I am a salt addict. I currently live in a Northwestern suburb of Chicago but around July of this year, will be moving in Stainless Steel's back yard (Andover, KS). I am something of a 2.0L nut and hope to get back on the salt soon.