Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2275269 times)

Offline Valand

• New folks
    • The Powersliding sidecar
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1965 on: November 22, 2011, 09:32:01 PM »
Valand, welcome to the landracing site..........................

Enjoy the site,
 :cheers:

Grate thanks for warm welcome, i had that feeling that this site will be a time theif . . . *S* i can smell the nitro allready!

Ride on...
Valand
Vintage Racing Harley

Offline Vinsky

« Reply #1966 on: November 22, 2011, 10:03:46 PM »
Valand,
From your photo, the old Harley looks like a canditate for Bonneville. I'll bet you can find a few here that have actually run a bit of nitro.
John
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:05:17 PM by Vinsky »
John

Offline Bob Drury

« Reply #1967 on: November 22, 2011, 10:24:27 PM »
  Valand, figure out how to get you Bike and your Butt over here, you won't need any tools, or support equipment, just show up.
  Hell, I don't know anything about bikes, but if no one else will share a pit space and tools with you, I will.
  All i want is Tiger Wood's ex wife's phone #........... or was she from Norway?    Bob
Bob Drury

Offline Valand

• New folks
« Reply #1968 on: November 22, 2011, 10:42:06 PM »
 Valand, figure out how to get you Bike and your Butt over here, you won't need any tools, or support equipment, just show up.
  Hell, I don't know anything about bikes, but if no one else will share a pit space and tools with you, I will.
  All i want is Tiger Wood's ex wife's phone #........... or was she from Norway?    Bob

Hahaha, you never know, these blonds looks all the same- means any ladys # in Sweden will work ;)

Im invited to Canonball september 2012, a race with pre 1929 vintage bikes cross USA. If ill have the time to go over there i will also visit some dessert racing. What bike i will ride im not sure of. Ive got nice vibes from you people and this site, and you only lives once! Ive got a flashback from the time when we builted Camaro Cup Race Cars. The team feeling among the mechanics during the race days in the pit was wonderful. bla bla bla ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1QmqoGida4
Ride on
Valand
Vintage Racing Harley

Offline Valand

• New folks
« Reply #1969 on: November 22, 2011, 10:46:56 PM »
Valand,
From your photo, the old Harley looks like a canditate for Bonneville. I'll bet you can find a few here that have actually run a bit of nitro.
John

Hehehe . . .
Thank you for the invitation but this sida hack have nothing to do at Boneville, more then smelling the vibes. As i said in the post above i may bring one other stripped solo bike to USA september. Ill guess it will be much discussions ans contacts made until then here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUqtcuAVWOs

Ride on . . .
Valand
Vintage Racing Harley

Offline ChrisACT

• New folks
« Reply #1970 on: November 23, 2011, 08:20:34 PM »
Hi everyone.

Chris here from Canberra, Australia.

I'm building an M/F 100cc bike to run at Lake Gairdner.  Starting small but I hope to progress over the years.  Who knows, maybe one day I'll be able to run at Bonneville but not for a while yet.  You Americans are a bloody long way away, ya know.   :wink:  It's 1,000 miles to Lake Gairdner from my place as it is.

The bike is a DT175 frame with a DT100 engine in it.  I'm planning to run it on methanol with maybe a bit of nitro thrown in for fun.  Obviously, the usual porting and expansion chamber stuff is required and we'll see how slippery we can make it within the rules.

Current world record I believe is a little under 102mph set by Darold Cummings in 2002.

Should be a blast.    :-D

Chris
building an M/F 100cc

Offline dw230

« Reply #1971 on: November 23, 2011, 09:07:42 PM »
Welcome aboard.

As you will learn from visting here, Darold does not hold a World record. He is just one of those that hold a national record, happens that the record was set at Bonneville, USA. We hold our records near and dear, every racer who has had his/her name in print in the SCTA rulebook can be proud of that accomplshment.

Not a bad place to set your goals - good luck

This sure is a good bottle of red,
DW

White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline ChrisACT

• New folks
« Reply #1972 on: November 23, 2011, 09:22:41 PM »
Hi DW,
Thanks for the welcome.
I had wondered about the records thing.  I just presumed that because he went faster than anyone else has ever gone in that class during speedweek over there that it would be considered a world record but there ya go.
The record for M/F 100cc class is still open in Australia.
Anyway, if I can get anywhere near 100mph, I'll be pretty happy ... at first.  You know how it works.  We always want more.
Chris

EDIT:  I see from another thread on the records issue that there's officially no such thing as a world record.  Oh well, will just have to go as fast as I can then, eh?   8-)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 09:39:10 PM by ChrisACT »
building an M/F 100cc

Offline dw230

« Reply #1973 on: November 23, 2011, 09:44:48 PM »
Not reaally true Chris.

If you compete in a FIM scantioned meet, paying the fees and have a FIM official certify your record you may claim in your signature that you are the holder of a World record.

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline ChrisACT

• New folks
« Reply #1974 on: November 23, 2011, 09:51:13 PM »
Not reaally true Chris.

If you compete in a FIM scantioned meet, paying the fees and have a FIM official certify your record you may claim in your signature that you are the holder of a World record.

DW
I see.  Except that you may not necessarily be able to claim that you are the fastest because someone at another event may go faster.

Politics ...  :|

Never mind.  I've got to get out there before I need to worry too much about this stuff.
building an M/F 100cc

Offline vintagehotrod

• New folks
« Reply #1975 on: November 25, 2011, 03:05:04 PM »
Im Baaaaaaack, been off line for awhile and got me a new username.
my name is John Beck and I run with Dave Davidson and Donny Cummins. We have been racing roadsters for about 20 years now and loving it!
I run pro machine racing engines and vintage hot rod for a living. We have a full machine shop, dyno cell , paint and body, and a full fabrication shop, and a retail parts store in beutiful Chico Ca.

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #1976 on: November 25, 2011, 03:20:40 PM »
Hey, John -- that's who you are, hey?  I just got done sending you a note to ask you to fill in the "location" part of the Profile -- so we'll all know it each time we see a post from you.

But whether you do or not -- hey, it's good to see you here.  Thanks - and welcome.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline vintagehotrod

• New folks
« Reply #1977 on: November 25, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
I'll give it a shot

Offline 38flattie

• http://www.flatcadracing.org/
« Reply #1978 on: November 25, 2011, 06:13:47 PM »
John, good to see here!  :cheers:

I'm a little behind schedule, but  hope to have the Caddy flathead to you in January!
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC 1925

You can't make a race horse out of a pig. But if you work hard enough at it you can make a mighty fast pig. - Bob Akin

http://www.flatcadracing.org/
http://youtu.be/89rVb497_4c

Offline charlie101

• Indian 101 buff
Re: Valand Vintage Harley Racer
« Reply #1979 on: November 26, 2011, 07:28:46 PM »
Valand, you need to fix your blogsite. It's not possible to post comments, it doesn't accept a google account. I can't get in touch with you in another way than this and as I'm a Swede myself, I'd like to chat. In spite of your affection with the wrong bike brand!
Charlie101, Indian101, does it ring any bells? :mrgreen: Great site by the way.
Hi Folx,

Crazy Swede here to learn, been riding one old sidecar Harley 1926 for over 18 years. Last year i trimmed the engine and was supriced by the result. I will now tune the bike for a record atempt. I also have a garage friend what rides and race one old Harley 1931 45" DL sidecar. Together we have bought one Harley 1340, to rebuild as side car racer. We call her The Executor. We will use her to set lap times for us to chase with the vintage bikes. Im right now sitting and makes some CAD´s of the bike to find out a functional and nice construction of the frame, therefor i did watch the web for inspiration. Then ive found a picture of a red nasty side car bike at a bike blog. No information, only a picture. One comment said Foley Racing and El-Mirage, i Googled that and found this very exiting forum. And plenty of more scary race veichles.

Ill guess i will learn alot and find all kind of interesting information and data here as well im gladly share pictures, videos and knowlede for any one who are interested.

Ride on . . .
Valand