Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 2273557 times)

Offline 55chevr

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1950 on: November 17, 2011, 02:27:41 PM »
I hope Patrick has better luck than I did with a son dedicated for heavy lifting. My son turned out too light for heavy work.  That was left for me.

Joe

Offline Stainless1

• Administrator
  • Robert W. P. "Stainless" Steele
« Reply #1951 on: November 17, 2011, 02:56:25 PM »
I'm also ordering an ECTA book too (I'm planning on doing East coast too, I go down there at least twice a year for business and family).  I hope tolearn alot here!

If you are reading a lot on this website, you know the East Coast is now on the northeast side of middle America.  
Have fun building, show us what you are thinking, we can probably help.
Stainless
Red Hat 228.039, 2001, 65ci, Bockscar Lakester #1000 with a little N2O

Offline Tman

« Reply #1952 on: November 17, 2011, 06:40:51 PM »
Hello All,

I am complete newbie to Land Speed.  I've just gotten re-interested and am here to learn! :-)

A little about me:  I am an ASE Master Auto Technician.  I run my own Mobile Automotive repair business here in Sequim WA.  A Father of 7 kids, two dogs and two cats  (5 of the kids are out of the house now and las two are almost graduated and gone :-( ).  I've been involved in automobiles all my life in one form or another (shows, drag racing, autocross....).
I am looking to start my car ASAP and get involved ASAP.  I know its a lot of work but excited to finalize which vehicle I want to use and what class.
Ok NEWBIE here start blasting away.  I have very thick skin and a very wicked sense of humor, so if you throw it be prepared to receive it back :-o :-D :evil: :roll: I like what I've seen on this forum so far. :cheers:

Velkommen! What kind of car and class are you interested in?

Offline patrick

• New folks
« Reply #1953 on: November 18, 2011, 01:42:45 AM »
I hope Patrick has better luck than I did with a son dedicated for heavy lifting. My son turned out too light for heavy work.  That was left for me.

Joe

Joe I know what you are saying,  sometimes I think the girl is stronger (hell she is)hahaha.  But its ok, it'll be ok.
If It Aint Broke, You Are Playing Right!

Offline patrick

• New folks
« Reply #1954 on: November 18, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »
I'm also ordering an ECTA book too (I'm planning on doing East coast too, I go down there at least twice a year for business and family).  I hope tolearn alot here!

If you are reading a lot on this website, you know the East Coast is now on the northeast side of middle America.  
Have fun building, show us what you are thinking, we can probably help.
Yup sure do know that.  I will definately show and be asking a lot of questions here, you all will probably get tired of me asking lol.

Offline patrick

• New folks
« Reply #1955 on: November 18, 2011, 01:50:48 AM »

[/quote]

Thank you T !

Looking at starting off at production and its a toss up between a camaro, charger or old's that I have in my stable.  Leaning towards the camaro or charger.  I'm going to evaluate the cars this weekend and make a decission.  One quick question since I dont have the book yet, engine changes: if say the camaro came with a 327 and had options for 350 (or whatever) can I swap the higher engine in and stay production as long as its the same manufacture etc... I saw this discussed else where but came away confussed. I think it said it was ok to do so.

Thanks to all!

Offline patrick

• New folks
« Reply #1956 on: November 18, 2011, 01:58:59 AM »

Thank you T !

Looking at starting off at production and its a toss up between a camaro, charger or old's that I have in my stable.  Leaning towards the camaro or charger.  I'm going to evaluate the cars this weekend and make a decission.  One quick question since I dont have the book yet, engine changes: if say the camaro came with a 327 and had options for 350 (or whatever) can I swap the higher engine in and stay production as long as its the same manufacture etc... I saw this discussed else where but came away confussed. I think it said it was ok to do so.

Thanks to all!
[/quote]

Disregard my question, I just relooked on the forum and it says I can as long as it came as an option.  man I am retarded :-D

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #1957 on: November 18, 2011, 08:25:31 AM »

Thank you T !

Thanks to all!

Disregard my question, I just relooked on the forum and it says I can as long as it came as an option.  man I am retarded :-D
[/quote]

Just like the rest of us.... :-)
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline patrick

• New folks
« Reply #1958 on: November 18, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »
CaptT,

I just looked at where you are at. I used to live right down the road from you in Hubert  :-D miss NC big time

Offline JeePy

• New folks
« Reply #1959 on: November 18, 2011, 12:43:30 PM »
Thanks wobbly !!!

Offline Captthundarr

• In line
« Reply #1960 on: November 18, 2011, 01:32:23 PM »
CaptT,

I just looked at where you are at. I used to live right down the road from you in Hubert  :-D miss NC big time

Wow Wash. is a long way out there. The wife teaches at sandridge elem. across the highway from Hubert proper. Da Boro is still nice and quite on the water. see ya around.
Live,Laugh, Love /  Jack Scratch Racing /ECTA   
Amy Hartman-Driver, Frank Hartman-everthing else.
C/GALT 137.65 Ohio Mile check that 144.12 2013, AA/GALT 159.34 Ohio Mile 2014. B/GALT 180.577 RECORD 6/15

Offline Jack Gifford

« Reply #1961 on: November 19, 2011, 01:50:49 AM »
This place needs a "lexicon for newbies"...

BUB = ???

scooter = two-wheeler?

dirty two club = 200 MPH on dirt (El Mirage)?
No help available? :?
M/T Pontiac hemi guru
F/BFL 1-mile Loring record 2020

Offline dw230

« Reply #1962 on: November 19, 2011, 02:12:44 AM »
You have the first three correct. What further help do you need?

DW
White Goose Bar - Where LSR is a lifestyle
Alcohol - because no good story starts with a salad.

Don't be Karen, be Beth

Offline Valand

• New folks
    • The Powersliding sidecar
Valand Vintage Harley Racer
« Reply #1963 on: November 22, 2011, 01:26:31 PM »
Hi Folx,

Crazy Swede here to learn, been riding one old sidecar Harley 1926 for over 18 years. Last year i trimmed the engine and was supriced by the result. I will now tune the bike for a record atempt. I also have a garage friend what rides and race one old Harley 1931 45" DL sidecar. Together we have bought one Harley 1340, to rebuild as side car racer. We call her The Executor. We will use her to set lap times for us to chase with the vintage bikes. Im right now sitting and makes some CAD´s of the bike to find out a functional and nice construction of the frame, therefor i did watch the web for inspiration. Then ive found a picture of a red nasty side car bike at a bike blog. No information, only a picture. One comment said Foley Racing and El-Mirage, i Googled that and found this very exiting forum. And plenty of more scary race veichles.

Ill guess i will learn alot and find all kind of interesting information and data here as well im gladly share pictures, videos and knowlede for any one who are interested.

Ride on . . .
Valand
Vintage Racing Harley

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #1964 on: November 22, 2011, 02:35:40 PM »
Valand, welcome to the landracing site. You will find yourself spending hours on the site just looking at older posts and builds.
The information here is awesome and if you have questions just ask, someone will answer within hours. By the way tonight is chat line on the site at 7:00 pm Mountain time here in the USA. We have a few jump in even if the hours are a bit off. New people are always welcome to chat.Please keep us posted on what you are building and send more pictures of the cool engine.
Enjoy the site,
 :cheers:
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah