Author Topic: Posting Policy  (Read 241058 times)

landracing

Posting Policy
« on: March 19, 2008, 12:57:32 AM »
This free forum exists to facilitate civil discussions and debates. Condescending, rude, and annoying remarks and insults will not be tolerated.

You also agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law.

Any violation of these rules set forth can lead to a suspended account and/or deletion from the forums. There will be no discussion on the suspended or banned accounts on the forums. The owner and the forum moderators have final say.

LANDRACING.COM RETAINS THE RIGHT TO MONITOR POSTED INFORMATION AND REMOVE MESSAGES OR MATERIALS THAT IT BELIEVES ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE LAND SPEED RACING COMMUNITY OR IF THE INFORMATION IS DEGRADING TO THE REPUTATION OF LANDRACING.COM OR ITS MEMBERS.

Participants shall exercise both common sense and courtesy when transmitting messages. Remember your postings on Landracing.com reflect on you, the owner of the website, the website and the Land Speed Racing community.

You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Note that it is impossible for the staff or the owners of this forum to confirm the validity of posts. Please remember that we do not actively monitor the posted messages, and as such, are not responsible for the content contained within. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information presented. The posted messages express the views of the author, and not necessarily the views of this forum, its staff, its subsidiaries, or this forum's owner. Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.

Offline KeithTurk

• Global Moderator
Re: Posting Policy
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 07:14:29 AM »
Thanks for taking the time Jon...

K
Keith Turk
 D Gas Modified Sports
 246.555 mph

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Nancy and me and the pit bike
  • Administrator
  • Nancy -- 201.913 mph record on a production ZX15!
    • Nancy and Jon's personal website.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 01:13:02 PM »
First of all - this topic is locked, and only moderators (that's me) and administrators (that's me, and Jon Amo) can reply to it.  But I hope you'll all read it anyway.

So - after our recent "meltdown" of a few things I went into the control panel and discovered there's a function that allow automatic "censoring" of words.  So I experimented -- and have already seen a couple of instances where the machine has done the job.  For instance, I recently responded to a Pork Pie post and used a common swear word -- and the machine deleted it and inserted "truckstop".  I used some nonsensical (at least for the context) words, so -- if you type in any of the swear words that I inputted -- don't be too worried when they come out goofy.  Now please don't go experimenting, 'cause it'll just take me a while to see what you've put in and enter that/those into the censoring machine's list.

End of this -- but since you're in this topic, please consider going back and re-reading the basic rules that Jonathon put together for the Forum.  Remember that you've agreed, by your presence on the forum, to abide by them.  Thanks to all, and we look forward to seeing each and everyone of you on the Salt.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Glen

• Global Moderator
  • SCTA/BNI timer 1983 to 2004, Retired,. Crew on Tur
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 02:50:43 PM »
Just a reminder to new posters.
Glen
Crew on Turbinator II

South West, Utah

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »
It's time, I'm afraid, to remind one and all about the rules you each agreed to observe when you first registered for this Forum.  More than a few times in the recent past there have been sessions of name-calling and heated exchanges that go well beyond the definition of reasonable discussion.

So go up a few posts (from right here) and re-read the rules, as Jon Amo posted them more than two years ago.  For instance -- here's the very first line:

"This free forum exists to facilitate civil discussions and debates. Condescending, rude, and annoying remarks and insults will not be tolerated."

The rules go on to say that the owner (that's me) can do stuff like ban users and delete posts that I find are breaking these rules.  I don't want to be a babysitter, folks -- I want to have the usual good time reading your stuff and learning.  Heck -- it's a free website (although I encourage everyone to donate a few bucks now and then so I can keep the bills paid and not fill up the site with advertising.  There are donation buttons here and there and you can either use them to Paypal money or follow the front page link to get my home mailing address to send your donation), and a free website means you get to use it without having to pay to register.  Don't abuse that privilege, please.

Anyway -- please.  If someone says something to which you take offense -- sure, go ahead and disagree on a post.  But if you feel so strongly that you want to (so to speak) raise your voice -- then take it private and don't get to name-calling or even using my curse-word filter words, so we know that you're wanting to cuss without really doing it.  This site is primarily to further our knowledge of land speed racing and to provide an online community where we can discuss things -- preferably in a grown-up manner.  Heck -- I started the quiz up, even giving away prizes, to encourage you folks to dig into the history of our avocation -- to help us all learn more about it.

So -- to end this short (???) post -- please keep a civil brain when you're reading and posting.  If you need to get really cranky -- use the PM system or a direct email. Then you're welcome to get back to the Forum and tell us that the issue has been resolved - or that it hasn't, but it's not worth fighting about.  Okay? 

Thanks.
Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline Seldom Seen Slim

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2016, 10:14:35 AM »
Folks, you've likely seen the dustup going on about the letter (Bill Lattin, Pres. SCTA, in re: Salt access denial, etc) that was circulated and ended up being posted here.  There's further dustip-ness going on along the same salt-saving lines, if you will, on the Forum here.

I'm asking you to think about taking a look back at the rules of conduct (or whatever they're called) that you had to click "agree" on to register for the Forum.  Here's the fourth paragraph:

"LANDRACING.COM RETAINS THE RIGHT TO MONITOR POSTED INFORMATION AND REMOVE MESSAGES OR MATERIALS THAT IT BELIEVES ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE LAND SPEED RACING COMMUNITY OR IF THE INFORMATION IS DEGRADING TO THE REPUTATION OF LANDRACING.COM OR ITS MEMBERS."  (Underscore mine)

Please - let's work on making things better, even when that means shutting the f*ck up and not venting your frustration about what we can't do -- race!

Thanks.

Jon E. Wennerberg
 a/k/a Seldom Seen Slim
 Skandia, Michigan
 (that's way up north)
2 Club member x2
Owner of landracing.com

Offline SPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2016, 11:53:13 AM »
2 thumbs up!!!!!!!!!!
Miss LIBERTY,  changing T.K.I.  to noise, dust, rust, BLUE HATS & hopefully not scrap!!

"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."   Helen Keller

We are going to explore the racing N words NITROUS & NITRO!